It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why all the hate on a conspiracy website?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I wanted to place this in this forum because it seems like the most hate is in here.

I do not understand why when people bring up Niburu it ends up in a name calling match to see who has the bigger insults. I understand that some people believe and some people do not but why do people have to resort to the childish behavior that they do.

I personally, do not believe in Niburu, although it would be interesting.
So please do not flame me for being 'unscientific' or 'not looking at the facts.'

I just do not understand why people cannot even talk about it without getting hate in the form of name calling or calling them ignorant.

If people want to believe in Niburu, why can't they? There are lots of unexplained things out there and to think that we know even our solar system inside and out, let alone our galaxy is ignorance in and of itself.

People who post on Bigfoot or Nessie do not get as much hate as these people and this website is supposed to be here for everyone. To post what they like. It does not matter what other people think, if they want to post they can do so.

I agree people should look at facts, and if there is a photo or satellite image that can be clearly written off so be it, but if they want to believe in something that they feel is right what is wrong with that.

People have always been picked at and name called and some of those people have ended up being some of the most influential people in history.

If people refuse the facts there is no need to name call. Freedom of speech is the first amendment and should be used.

So I say post away people, have fun and enjoy what you are talking about. This website is about having an open mind.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

[edit on 28-4-2010 by predator0187]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Too many people in one room = hate.
Throw in nut-ball beliefs = more hate.
Oh, and hate = fear 9 times out of 10.
Just sayin...
peace

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I remember the internet in 1999 everyone was worried Jesus was coming back,the worlds computers will crash many so heavily invested in the 2000 meme they bought up MRE's survival gear etc,my guess is that a lot of people are heavily invested in the 2012 meme to the point they believe themselves absolutely correct-just like the folks in 1999.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I agree, but we should all be a little more grown up here, no?

We should embrace people that think outside the box, may it be nut-ball or whatever. some of the best things that have happened to humans have come out of nut-ball ideas.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

I agree, but we should all be a little more grown up here, no?

Oh I agree totally.
Problem is it takes effort to be kind.
For the most part I believe people have lost the ability to exhibit effort.
To discipline themselves to kindness instead of falling down into hate - which is so easy to do. No effort that at all.

We can keep the hope up though huh.

Peace

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

Oh, I agree about the 2012 thing. People are going nuts over it. But really if these people think that a rouge brown dwarf is going to enter our solar system and create havoc, let them. Time will be their ultimate enemy anyways.

Come 2013, we call all say well where is it and then no more brown dwarf killing us. But I say until then let them speculate.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

As long as there is hope though. I tend to try and never be rude to people because to me it only show the amount of ignorance you hold yourself in. Whenever you are rude to someone it usually just shuts down their brain and they stop listening anyways.

People should be putting in what little effort is needed and try to explain things properly. If you know something that someone else doesn't what is the point in being rude to get it across to the other. Makes no sense to me.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Anyone who responds with an insult or "hate" is just projecting their intelligence. It takes no amount of intelligence to respond to someone with an insult.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I was recently involved in another thread of this very theme written by Benevolent Heretic. Very good thread. Another poster replied to a reply I made to another party. So this replier was not even an original party to the party
, and started making personal attacks, and suppositions on my obviously flawed character. This person was not an english native speaker so I gave them the benefit of the doubt, and tried to find common ground with them, and explain some cultural differences, language barriers etc... After a few posts I completely gave up as it was obvious this guy/girl was only interested in being disagreeable. Couldn't even agree to disagree. Every single line of thinking I tried to explore was responded to with "You are being wrong because you being stupid american ogre of not knowing. Who cannot respond to reality because reality is being wrong of the absolute life of being blah blah..." ad nauseum.

I just found it incredible that someone would want to jump in the window on a reply having nothing to do with them just to be a troll, and try to start friction on a thread exploring why it is so couter-productive to cause friction! The moral here of course being don't feed the trolls. Do trolls just not get it that the only person they are impressing is themselves? I often banter with people with whom I disagree, but still respect, and it's good clean fun, but it was like this person was just trying to convince everyone that unless I thought like him/her, I was just wasting resources on his/her planet.

If everyone thought like me this world would be a scary place.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Binder]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
When it comes to the fabrication that is Nibiru you run into total dis info throughout this fine site many times over. Those who proclaim their version shout out their 'evidence and facts', but when asked to define Nibiru itself, they shut down and hide. I suppose some members simply allow emotion to get the better of them at times leading to sometimes irrational posts.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Why all the hate?

Because everyone is right.

The problem with internet is that every poster is right (correct) in his/her own opinion.

Oh and please don't tell a megalomaniac they are wrong!

When you see good threads, with definite results from positive research...
You know the member has matured in a sorts.

When you see crude, snide posts towards others, I.E., name-calling, or derogatory comments, you know the poster is still childish.

I"ll admit it, too.
I've been on the latter side before.
Hopefully I've matured since signing up.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I don't think it's hate as much as immaturity. Nothing diminishes someone's point of view faster, even when they have their facts and documentation right, than a string of expletives and four letter words and a good dose of name calling... it simply takes the wind out of their sails with me.

Nibiru, Chritianity, Obama, Patriotism, and on it goes. They are poloarizing subjects...but where is the harm in people believeing what they will? It is by choice that we come here, we don't have to. Frankly, because of the childish rants of some, I simply avoid this site until I decide to chance a foray into the conspiracy waters once more.

If someone chose to believe in Santa Claus their whole life, how wonderful and innocent a world view...perfectly harmless. Yet, there would be those that immediately would tear them down, so that they might fit into their jaded world view. Very sad indeed.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
It's the mix of disinfo agents trying to calm people down while at the same time insulting the intelligent one's...classic divide and conquer.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Thanks for the post buddy!

I get you, and while I know you are a strong advocate for the non-existence of Niburu I have yet to ever see get angry or call names. And that's the way it should be. And I do understand that sometimes people just do not look at the facts.

I was talking about the people that just hate, you know the ones I am talking about. I just think that is silly.

I understand people do not want others talking about a fictitious planet/brown dwarf but I think one of the worst things that happens here is the blatant disregard for other peoples opinions. I just thought everyone should be entitled to their opinion without getting teamed up on by the Niburu haters.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

I think everyone at one point and time has been other the other side of insults.

You know I just think the minute someone gets mad that means they are losing in the argument. I always say that every time I am talking to someone. If I know something pretty well the last thing I will do is get angry when someone says something wrong. I will try and explain it to the best of my knowledge though.

I don't know if some smart people cannot do that or if they just don't know what they are talking about. Either way I think everyone here could do with out derogatory comments.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
IMO "hate speech" on ATS results from some level of immaturity along with limited communication skills resulting in insulting/degrading posts.

Why does this seem to happen frequently here?
Largely because a wide variety of folks can't tell fact from opinion in their own minds - much less correctly assess what another person is trying to convey.

Be wary of posts that contain language like "you can't tell me that (whatever)" or "it's a fact that (whatever)" - usually the object of the statement "(whatever)" is a personal opinion or fabrication. This is my observation buth here and out in the real world.

gj
edit grammer

[edit on 28-4-2010 by ganjoa]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

I remember the internet in 1999 everyone was worried Jesus was coming back,the worlds computers will crash many so heavily invested in the 2000 meme they bought up MRE's survival gear etc,my guess is that a lot of people are heavily invested in the 2012 meme to the point they believe themselves absolutely correct-just like the folks in 1999.

Many people seem to think the rumors that surronded Y2K. Are some how comparable to prophecy on many fronts about 2012. They arn't even
remotely close to the same thing. Take heed to that fact first, move on from there. Now notice there were no prophecies concerning the millenium.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by randyvs]

new topics

top topics

join