It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010 Australian Federal Election

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
reply to post by damn_ummmm

AS FOR WHAT BB HAS SAID, WHAT'S WRONG WITH IT?
[edit on 20/7/10 by ghostsoldier]

Dude, chill... you sound like you want to take an AK to anyone who doesn't see the Greens in the same rose coloured light that you do

[edit on 20/7/10 by damn_ummmm]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

This guy is a douche and is deliberately obfuscating what has happened.

1. The guy asked if BB was committed to relaxing on climate change, and then cut him off.
a. They want to work with a decent policy, one with a carbon price, and one that doesn't give billions to the polluters.

2. About the preference arrangement
a. Greens have done a preference deal with Labor - FREE of policy agreements/deals, therefor BB, JG, TA (who dont negotiate the preferences (the party secretaries do) dont have any role in preference negotiations)

3. The guy asked him what Labors climate policy is
a. Labor hasn't announce climate policy, so how can the Greens know what it is?

4. Bob Brown shut him down - "Your level of "political probity" is less than mine".
a. This 4BC is a redneck shock jock disinformation agent

5. BB knows about the preference deal with Labor, but since there is no Labor climate change policy YET, then how can the Greens do a deal with them on one.

6. BB is asked whose in charge.
a. Whose in charge of what?! - BB is head of the Greens, but just as JG and TA are not in charge of PREFERENCE DEALS, neither is he. He DOESN'T WANT PREFERENCE DEALS - But Lab and Lib do, and they voted against his legislation in the senate to get rid of them. So you are required by law to do preference deals - which is stupid, and why the Greens want to get rid of them.

4BC douche - "but you're not strongly opposed to them"
BB - "what do you think?" (RE: 6a)
4BC douche - "but you did these grubby deals"
BB - "mate - do you support me in getting rid of these deals" (RE: 6a)
4BC douche - "I'm not running for government" *speaks over BB saying "your joking"*
4BC douche - "you're the 3rd force party leader, you're the senator and you don't have the authority to stop these grubby deals being done?" (RE: 6a)
BB - "The preference layout is required by federal law" (RE: 6a)
4BC douche - "you didn't have to do these grubby back room deals"
BB - "ask JG and TA because they do it also"
4BC douche - "but we've got you on"
BB - "and I'm asking you to ask them, why they didn't support me in getting rid of preference deals"
4BC douche - "how can you be against preference deals, when you've just done the mother of all preference deals"
BB - "well that's your description of it" (RE: 6a)

8. 4BC douche asks if you do below the line voting on the senate, like its a bad thing.
a. BB recommends doing it, to cancel out the parties choosing your preferences (AS REQUIRED BY LAW) (RE: 6a)

9. 4BC douche asks what Labor party climate policy is (WHICH HASN'T BEEN ANNOUNCED!!!!) But BB said it didn't include a carbon price (the greens does). Then the douche shows the irrelevance of his question by stating that Labors hasn't been announced, and then cuts BB off from talking about what JG has verbalised.

10. More about preferences
a. RE 6a!!RE 6a!!RE 6a!!RE 6a!!RE 6a!!RE 6a!!RE 6a!!RE 6a!!

11. FINALLY ABOUT POLICY
a. RE 9a

12. Is it still the Greens policy to get US military bases of our soil?
a. BB believes that doing so would be a better arrangement for a sovereign nation.

13. About ANZUS treaty.
a. BB supportive of it, but wants a parliamentary debate on Aus involvement in afghanistan - And the Greens are the only one suggesting that - even though US, UK and Afghanistan are discussing troop withdrawal in 2014.

14. Demanding a carbon price
a. BB - "you don't demand anything, you negotiate with whats on the table to arrange better outcomes, but we do support a carbon price"

PRETTY MUCH THE END - That was just like all other media, crap interview and unintelligent questions.

2 questions on green policy - PATHETIC!!!!

AS FOR WHAT BB HAS SAID, WHAT'S WRONG WITH IT?

yeah, my bad, I'm just sick of the media treating them - and us - as idiots.

If you allow that interview to sway your opinion, I might have to find an AK though

Here is his National Press Club Address from a week or so ago - the video still isn't up - I'm just saying you should judge him on something that wasn't filled with spin and mis-information.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Sadly it doesnt matter who we vote for, those elected are not the ones
who make legislative change. Just look what happened to Rudd, thats what happens when your foolish enough to take on the real players of
the corporate led world.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

You are right, unless there is a massive grass roots campaign to assist it.

That or you hold the outright majority in the senate - or can convince others to vote contrary to party lines.

That's why its important to know who your MP is - I know mine (a senior labor person) hasn't done squat for my electorate, even in the face of the 7 emails I have sent him and gotten others to do also.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

There has been a change in attitude with regards to politics in this
once lucky country, im not sure when exactly but not so long ago our
MPs atleast pretended to represent our interests, now they dont even
bother with the act!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

Totally, the media and high schools have dropped the ball on us big time. They're intentionally dumbing us down. With the the way the news is these days all you hear is buzzwords and spin.

And the pollies (generally speaking *cough*everyone except greens*cough cough*) have contributed to it.

Its almost a chicken and egg scenario.

This song sums it all up pretty well I think.

"[...]
He puts the saturated fat in your KFC
the multiple choice questions in the HSC
Censorship on ABC
He sells off your roads and your water and your health-care G"

[...]
He makes funds of the smoke that you pull into your lungs
And the bullets that you put into your guns
[...]
Sneakers on my feet got his name on the tag
He bought me a ticket for a plane to Iraq
[...]
We all in danger
Stuffing our big mouths with candy from a stranger
Sugar in your alcohol to add flavour
[...]

[edit on 21/7/10 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Greens win on every front.

the greens would send us totally broke so which front are we talking about,the front of our bums

Gee man have a good look at what they are asking for and who the hell is gunna pay for this garbage

Wally

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by auswally

Fiscal responsibility is why Im voting for Abbot,Labours gonna spend 42 billion dollars on a broadband system and God only knows what other white elephants.Abbots also going to spend money on mental health and a few other things which are more needed and more common sense.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

All good things take time, and time would come.

A carbon tax and increased revenue from mining and a tax on junk food advertising would go a long way. This is only going off what they've announced.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

All good things take time, and time would come.

A carbon tax and increased revenue from mining and a tax on junk food advertising would go a long way. This is only going off what they've announced.

mmmm you haven't a friggn clue. where's the money coming from again?, oh what your saying in that post is pensioners that have worked hard for this country, and many still do including volunteer, will suffer you haven't a clue ghost soldier

You my friend are really bad at advertising greens, i will say it again they will send this great country broke, please spare us with garbage come up with something different

Wally

[edit on 1-8-2010 by auswally]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Now lets see where the money coming from so we can all understand that the policies from the Greens are flawed

A carbon tax.

Funny that the greens have a policy and a big one on renewable energy, mmm renewable energy that really has a lot less carbon or no carbon emissions at all,

Isn't this a bit hypocritical, we want your money from carbon emissions so we can pay for other policies, but one of main our policies is decreasing the carbon emissions, Again how is this tax going to fund the great green wish list

increased revenue from Mining tax

Ok So did the greens take any interest/ notice in the stock market when Rudd announced this tax originally, most SELF retirees' lost tens of thousands off their nest eggs from the fall of blue chip stocks, Should we abolish super funds then ? Have the greens got enough in their pockets to help these self funded retirees, because the current and past governments cant help the pensioners already on the ever increasing list

Increasing the tax on mining will shut mines this is a fact, most of the smaller companies will be pushed aside leaving just the multi national companies to dig for what they want, Is this fair? Not to mention the loss of thousands of jobs, and maybe the closure of small community towns. The fallout from this tax is massive, especially for states like Western Australia and Queensland who depend on these mines staying viable, some people that live in the ivory cities on the east coast of Australia haven't got a clue of how big the mining sector really is and what it means for these states and Australia for that matter, All you want is revenue from our hard work, take away that hard work and you get Jack

And one last point, How is Australia riding out the Global Financial crisis Ghost Soldier?

We will call it the Fatty Tax

How much money will they actual make through this tax to help fund their policies, seriously who can afford the fatty foods anyway. And now they want to make it more expensive, don't tell me these Global companies wont pass on this tax in your kiddies happy meal ( for the record my family doesn't eat the sh&t) but I fail to see how this will raise serious money for their policies. The only good thing about this tax it may reduce obesity slightly which is a good thing for our already underfunded health system.

I could go on, but for now I will see if you can reply to my post without just a pathetic rolling eyes smiley, oh and I did listen to that garbage of a link as well that you had hidden down the bottom of your post disguised as your signature, Steady State Economics, well what can I say, That's right the Greens will send this great country broke

Wally

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
And on the lighter side......

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b338699ba571.jpg[/atsimg]

MM

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MissMegs

Thought this might be of some interest.
ABC - Policy Comparison - 2010 Federal Election (Lab,Lib,Green)

Has everyone seen these:

This is the only funny one I could find on Bob Brown...

Do I even need to bother for Mark Latham?

[edit on 10/8/10 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

The Time Warp... starring Tony Abbott

Little over the top but quite amusing

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Thanks Wally for your input.. believe it or not this thread isn't sponsored by the Green party!!

The idea of this thread was to discuss the policies of ALL parties to help me and anyone else struggling with deciding which party to vote for.

I have decided though that I will be numbering every box below the line because I do believe that is the only way for my vote to truly count.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
A friend sent me this link today Below the line voting made easy! and it shows you who each party is giving their preferences to as well as making it incredibly easy for everyone to vote below the line... you give your preference to who you want rather than letting the parties do it for you

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

That's a great site - I'm off to have a bit of a lookey.

Just out of interest damn_ummmm. When you created this thread the Rudster was still PM. Will having Julia Gillard as the head of the party now be influencing your vote?

Just wondering ...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Thanks Wally for your input.. believe it or not this thread isn't sponsored by the Green party!!

no worries at all damn _ummmm
even thou Ghosty seems to think so

Please don't vote green, especially in this financial climate

Wal

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join