It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010 Australian Federal Election

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by radarloveguy

I think your thinking of the census...

None the less, I would vote for the Jedis if they ran.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
reply to post by WishForWings

25. ensure that initial assessment of refugee status is completed within 90 days.

26. grant asylum seekers an asylum application visa (AAV) and assist without delay their move into the community provided medical and security checks are satisfied or after 14 days has passed, whichever occurs first.

27. ensure asylum seekers living in the community while their claim is assessed will be granted an AAV which will entitle them to travel, work, income support and access to ongoing educational and medical services anywhere within Australia while their claims for asylum are assessed.

28. deny an AAV if security checks demonstrate the person poses a serious criminal threat to the Australian community or if the person has not remained housed in the reception centre while the medical and security checks were completed.

29. ensure that refusal to grant an AAV is reviewable at the Administrative Appeals Tribunal.

30. house those people refused an AAV in separate, appropriate, publicly owned and managed facilities close to urban areas.

31. ensure that, if refugee status is refused and the person cannot be repatriated, the AAV will remain in force until he or she can be repatriated.

[edit on 23/6/10 by ghostsoldier]

Ok I have now fallen in love again. I really thought their policy was, especially the quoted above, very beautifully done. More so when it comes to security. We have a Defence Force that could be used in that capacity, and a number of bases that are under utelised. Why not have a base specializing in the care and repatriation of AAV's.
I have often said to many that we, like you have said, have a moral obligation now to take these people in. There is so much crap going on in this world now that some one has to put up their hands and say they damn well care. As there is no one else left anymore that seems to give a damn about anyone! And that is so very sad as we used to

I WAS one of those that has avoided voting on numerous occasions and was thinking of doing it this time. I have decided on Greens! Good work!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

DO YOU ALL REALISE: How much more money Australia would have if we nationalised our minerals?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!

Can you please explain this comment a little more ghostsoldier

Wallly

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by WishForWings

Thoughts?

I wasnt going to quote the whole list but whilst ya answering my last question, who the hell is gunna pay for all that garbage. Seriously the greens would send this country dead broke

I like the comment that refugees should spend the application in the community, we cant even house what we have here let alone thousands more, I think the greens are chasing the cracker because the cheese has definately fallen off

Wally

edit Sorry Wishforwings didnt mean to quote you, my question is for the ghostsoldier

[edit on 23-6-2010 by auswally]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Anyone watching ch 7 in aus at the moment.

Politicians going batcrap crazy and trying to give the leadership to Gillard.

MM

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MissMegs

Explanation: Star for you!

Personal Disclosure: Breaking Political News thread [by OL

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Yeah I tried to put it into news, it told me I wasn't commenting enough.

Sorry about that

MM

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Just wanted to check in to see how much discussion is going on...

It's official Julia Guillard is Primeminister.

I will be back with more indepth commentary soon.

I'm watching 2 news channels (ABC1 & Sky) and reading The Australian as we speak.

Shes giving a press conference at 11am

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I agree that we should help out the Asylum seekers to an extent, but really we should be putting our money in other places, and start helping our own first. This kind of program the Greens want looks like it'll make bigger problems. If migrants gather that Australia offers all these chances then more and more will come.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by WishForWings

I agree that we should help out the Asylum seekers to an extent, but really we should be putting our money in other places, and start helping our own first. This kind of program the Greens want looks like it'll make bigger problems. If migrants gather that Australia offers all these chances then more and more will come.

Yep nice post, ghost will run like a lizard drinkn, i asked nicely, ghost answer the questions since your so one eyed green, or you dont really know what you are talking about, my bet is you dont

Wally

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by auswally

Originally posted by WishForWings

Yep nice post, ghost will run like a lizard drinkn, i asked nicely, ghost answer the questions since your so one eyed green, or you dont really know what you are talking about, my bet is you dont

Wally

Yeah, how about the Labour Party putting some money towards the homelss program that they talked about.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Excuse the late reply, I maxed out my DL and had to wait for it to tick-over again

reply to post by auswally

Originally posted by auswally

DO YOU ALL REALISE: How much more money Australia would have if we nationalised our minerals?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!
Can you please explain this comment a little more ghostsoldier

Well first and foremost, I am speaking theoretically, in practice there would be international backlash sponsored by multi-national corporations who are pissed off that they wont be making as much money, as a result other (the majority) free-market absolutist countries will halt trade and impose sanctions etc.

But theoretically if this didn't happen we would be much better off: I will put it like this hypothetical example:

In the ground there $100 worth of gold.
Un-Nationalised: The Mining company digs it up gives the country $50 and keeps $50.
Nationalised: The government digs up the gold and keeps the full $100.

The problem being that capitalist countries don't like this kind of thing, because there is no money in it for them - so they punish them (Cuba, Venezuela etc) they effectively become isolated and un-able to interact with the international community.

Excuse the late reply, I maxed out my DL and had to wait for it to tick-over again

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Seeker

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by damn_ummmm
Voting in this election is not going to be easy...

If you believe in elections, I guess you'll have a tough choice.

For me, it's just as easy as ever. I won't enrol. I won't vote.

I refuse to vote for the person I dislike the least. I believe votes should be earned, not forced to be given due to compulsory voting.

That's precisely why these clowns no longer listen to the Australian people - there is no need to. As long as your advertising campaign can convince the people that your opposition is more of an idiot than you are, the votes are yours.

None of these illuminati puppets are worthy of governing me...

Originally posted by MissMegs
Politicians going batcrap crazy and trying to give the leadership to Gillard.

See? If they don't like who you elect, they will just overthrow them. Wake up Australia...

[edit on 13/7/10 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
here is an interesting story about PM gillard (thats not pre-menstrual) and some of her earlier political life. the article describes her as the first lesbian communist prime minister. sample follows.

"" Gillard is the first PM to be unmarried and a lesbian. She is in a relationship to Tim Mathieson - who is a "beard." She is the first PM to be sworn in without making reference to God. (Gillard is an atheist and has no religious beliefs.) She was sworn in by Australia's first female Governor General (Quentin Bryce.) Bryce has held numerous high offices with the aim of advancing women's and "minority" rights at the expense of the Australia's European majority. Bryce's daughter is married to Bill Shorten who was pivotal in binging Gillard into the office of PM.

When she was at high school, Gillard was mentored by the Jewish liberal (i.e. Communist) Marlene Pilowski. When she moved to Melbourne to attend university, she became the Education Vice President of the left wing (i.e. Communist) AUS (Australian Union of Students), and later was its President. ""

full story can be read here.
www.henrymakow.com...

it looks like business as usual for the PTB.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

If you believe in elections, I guess you'll have a tough choice.

For me, it's just as easy as ever. I won't enrol. I won't vote.

Voting has merits. if you don't exercise your right to vote, you don't really have the right to whinge about what the elected party do.

Take earlier advice from GhostSoldier
don't just tick one box, number them all so your preferences count and not left to a party to bargain with.

and for your senate vote, go either green or an independant, to keep either of the other 2 main parties without full control.

finally, try voting greens. like others i'm sick of the 2 parties with the same corporate agenda. more people going for greens will send a message that the 2 main parties will not like - the people do make the difference.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by CitizenNum287119327]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

The following table demonstrates how the existing Australian Constitution compares with the provisions contained in other modern democracies. Now we might have some of this stuff, but its not protected by our constitution.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/729046b6f9b4.jpg[/atsimg]

www.rethinkaustralia.org

Oh and heres The Greens latest TV Advert:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I'm so glad to see this thread hasn't been completely buried (yet lol).

With the election looming ever closer now I still am not sure which way I will go.. especially now Gillard has somehow managed to elect herself to PM further cementing my dismay with the Labor Party.

I more than likely will vote Green and Independent in the Senate and number EVERY box this time.

I kinda like being able to legitimately whinge because I've had a say in who runs my country

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangutang
"Gillard is the first PM to be unmarried and a lesbian. She is in a relationship to Tim Mathieson - who is a "beard."

I don't know about Gillard being gay. Haven't heard much of that rumour before (although I'm not surprised.)

If she was gay wouldn't she support same-sex marriage?

But in saying all that - I wouldn't be shocked at how many gay politicians there actually are

[edit on 15/7/2010 by Netties Hermit]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join