It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone seen any local election signs or ads...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I havent, nor has anyone I know in several states...

Now, in 2004 or there abouts, the Congressional Research Services published a paper studying suspending US election due to civil unrest and disasters, weather man made or natural.

Heres my thinking...

2008... HomeLand Brigade... 400,000+ strong...

HR 645... Camps...

Chicago... US Troops...

Arizona... DHS using Drones...

US overall... Illegal to have thoughts against the norm and anything outside current DC thinking...

Does anyone else see where Im going with this...

What have you been seeing in your neck of the woods throughout the USA?

Please be honest and let us know whats going on...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
It's April...elections are in November...this isn't a Presidential elections...so these campaigns do not have that kind of cash to keep ads running this far out.

I have seen billboards and signs...but no TV ads. Nothing out of the ordinary.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
yep gosh they're everywhere here in NC

we must be out of the loop as far as end of the world, lol

road signs for November election

House of Reps

Judge

District Atty

Mayor

City Council

County Commissioner

do u want me to send u some ??? lol

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Yea, but here usually stuff is already out and going. 6 months isnt that long for some of the seats that should be up for grabs...

You really think its beyond them to do something like this?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Yes, I see them for local offices.

Just not as much as usual.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Nemesis0123]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I've seen one billboard and I've been informed of a handful of 'rallies'.

Like OutKast Searcher mentioned, it's not a presidential election year so you don't hear or see as much campaigning...plus it's only late April.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I am running for election to a local office.

Here in Texas, candidates are not allowed to put out or display any Campaign Materials until 90 days prior to the election and all materials must be collected within 10 days after the election, otherwise the City/County will collect the material and send you a bill for their services.

Maybe you should try to research some Campaign Ethics Laws before you go off on a rant about the big bad american government ceasing all local elections.

Just an idea.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Detailed Perfection
Here in Texas, candidates are not allowed to put out or display any Campaign Materials until 90 days prior to the election and all materials must be collected within 10 days after the election, otherwise the City/County will collect the material and send you a bill for their services.

D A M N

we need those laws here

can u send a copy of that to our governor, lmao

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Yes I have. They're everywhere in the Town I live in. Eastern Oregon.

That reminds me, I'm out of firewood and it's a chilly night. I'll be right Back I'm going out for Election signs.

I mean firewood.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
The Ohio primary is in May, so we have several local, state and national election yard signs out. However, it is noticeably less than usual, mostly because campaign funding in the few contested races is low. Once the primary is over, the signs will come out when paid for by the parties along with the candidate's funding.

So for those new to running for office, given the recession, there will be more incumbents re-elected. Simply since soliciting donations is harder to defeat an incumbent at the primaries.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Ahabstar]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Thank for the responses people.

And I apologize detailed perfection... Did my stance against the govt offend you too much?

And since you are running for an office, Im glad to see thats how you act to people who ask questions.

Youll last long in office Im sure.

Youre entire state is filled with people who guess what, yup, dont trust the govt.

Maybe you should read some of the stuff our govt prints out before you spout off at the mouth like some elected asshole.

Have a lovely day though

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
These signs are everywhere in east TN, although they are mostly for the upcoming local elections. There are people running for office I have never heard of, and probably don't want to anyway.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Man, if they are for local, you should care. This is where you can effect major change to your own living conditions and those surrounding areas. Think of Chicago. It all starts at the local level.

I often think of those who can not vote, against the very documents giving us all the right to vote

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
We have local yard signs and television and radio commercials all over. Have had them since December at least.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I have seen a bunch in Idaho already too. I'm pretty sure everything is its normal dysfunctional self.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Here there are not consistent signage anytime. We have heavily referandum driven elections and those signs are what are the most numerous and there is not a burning one on the ballot here.

I'd say its normal. The same number of eyesores on the road which often turn into rubbish are out there

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Thanks for the info everyone.

I shut the TV off and havent looked back for afew months...
Mush happier now.

I dont follow elections like I should, but out and about I havent seen any of the signs I normally do... Just thought Id ask.

Thanks again people!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Goethe

I certainly agree with you on caring for local elections. All I was talking about was, well as an example, we will be voting for county sheriff in the next local election. While we have a sheriff in office that is in his first term and has done an outstanding job, much better than most of his predecessors. We have one candidate that runs every election and each time the voters choose someone else and this has gone on for the past few years. We also have 3 other candidates running for sheriff and only one of them has any background in LE. The other 2 are running just because they thought it would be a good idea, and really have little idea about what they would be getting into. Hence those are the 2 I really don't want to know any more about than what I have already learned.

Don't you just love small town politics?
And yes the sheriff and judge are related, not close but they are nonetheless.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goethe
Please be honest and let us know whats going on...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goethe
Thank for the responses people.

And I apologize detailed perfection... Did my stance against the govt offend you too much?

And since you are running for an office, Im glad to see thats how you act to people who ask questions.

Youll last long in office Im sure.

Youre entire state is filled with people who guess what, yup, dont trust the govt.

Maybe you should read some of the stuff our govt prints out before you spout off at the mouth like some elected asshole.

Have a lovely day though

I sugested that you do some research before you jump to conclusions, and your reply is to try to insult me and call me an asshole?

Your stance on the government doesn't offend me.

The fact that you seem to lack the neccessary skills to research any information to form your own opinion and your obvious lack of skills to carry on a half ass educated conversation without immediately hurling insults, does offend me. You should be offended by your own ignorance as well.

The fact that you got a star for such a moronic and childish reply just further strengthens the reasons why I am not as active on ATS anymore like I used to be.

So if your pathetic attempt at trying to insult someone for giving you an insiders view and suggesting you research a topic before jumping to conclusions is any indication of how you like to go through life, then it appears to me that you're the one spouting off at the mouth like an asshole.

You should try wiping the shlt off of your mouth and open a book. It would do you some good.

top topics

join