It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Bill Gives the Fed the Finger???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Ive been reading through some posts on the new immigration bill in Arizona and heard it is unconstitutional from some people. From my understanding, it is the feds job to deal with illegal immigration and border policy (ICE, Border Patrol, those agencies). I personally support the bill.

My question is - Is Arizona giving the fed the finger with this bill because the fed is incompetent in dealing with these issues? Could this bill lead to other states doing the same thing? Could this lead to more state vs. fed issues? I believe the answer to the questions is yes, but I would like to hear yalls opinions to.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Arizona has full constitutional rights to defend it's borders. Otherwise why does the constitution provide for a state militia? Of course the wrinkle is that the militia's commander in chief is the president.

Unfortunately our president and the government that serves him is committed to destroying America by erasing it's borders. They want illegals here. They still plan to merge the US mexico and Canada as part of the NWO global government. They blindly follow this, even though it is a script right out of revelations for the regime of the antichrist.

It's always astonishing to me how humans will willingly follow a plan declared to be overtly demonic by the Holy scriptures. A plan that was given advance notice 2 thousand years ago.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

They aren't using this to "protect the borders".. which I agree, they have the authority to do..

Dabbling in Immigration law is a clear violation of the Constitution on the part of the State.

I know there is a problem with immigration, and trust me, I KNOW that something needs to be done.. but the last thing that should be is pissing on the Constitution a little more.

That is what really gets me heated over this bill.. some that are all in support of this wonderful bill are always screaming about the Constitution, where I now question if they have even read the damn thing..

Want states to have authority over Immigration (I can't say that it would be a bad thing).. but do it right and amend the Constitution first.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Well, the Fed is a bank. It has nothing directly to do with immigration. The Federal government is supposed to prevent entry by illegal immigrants.

So I guess I am saying the Fed, and the Feds are two completely different things.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by broahes

I agree that following the constitution is paramount, if one is ever to mount a consistent campaign against the current enemies of the republic and to maintain the moral high ground. However in what way is Arizona violating the constitution here? Since federal authority not specified in the constitution is reserved to the states or the people, doesn't Arizona have the legal freedom to prosecute illegals in some fashion?

Where in the constitution does it say that Arizona has to give illegal invaders special status?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
People say its the federal authorities problem, You tell them to stop passing the buck.

We gave the federal gov the powers we can damn sure use them ourselves if we so wish .

If the congress can sign away its power to coin money to a corporation we can damn sure pass a law in our community to force illegals to follow our laws.

No supreme court or any other power can say any different.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

By Fed I meant the Federal Goverment, I just used fed to shorten the word.

I support Arizona's bill, even though it is the Federal Goverments job and not the states to deal with immigration, but the Federal Goverment dosent seem to be doing squat about it. I belive Arizona is fed up with the Goverment not doing anything and took matters into their own hands, with this bill being the first step. The Federal Goverment has been failing their duties and now it's time the States take up the responsibility.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Arizona has the right to withdraw from the United States because Fedzilla broke its contract under Article 4 section 4.

The Federal Governments powers are few and limited. At least, that is what it should be according to "limited enumerated powers".

The real power the Federal government has is in their printing press. With unlimited amounts of dollars, they can bribe the states into submission & purchase the best liars money can buy...politicians.

The FED has been stacking the Supreme Court to their favor since FDR.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

'
In Hampton v. Mow Sun Wong, 426 U.S. 88 [1976] the US Supreme Court issued a ruling stating that the power of the federal government to establish a uniform Rule of Naturalization implies the federal power to regulate immigration.

States cannot have this power, as it has to be uniform across the several states. Example.. say Texas wanted to let Mr. Mexican become a legal citizen of the state, but Arizona refuses. Arizona cannot ban that citizen from passing through their state once he is a citizen of Texas. We have free passage through the several states. What you seem to be saying is, say he does immigrate but the other 49 states don't want him.. he can't cross over into those states. Wouldn't work.. That is why states can't have this power.

Again, I agree that our existing laws need to be enforced, an that illegal immigration is indeed a problem.

By your logic that the states should have the power over immigration.. California could tell every Mexican citizen that they could cross into California and automatically become citizens. Sure that sounds extreme.. but what would stop them if it was ultimately in their hands?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TaxpayersUnleashed
People say its the federal authorities problem, You tell them to stop passing the buck.

We gave the federal gov the powers we can damn sure use them ourselves if we so wish .

If the congress can sign away its power to coin money to a corporation we can damn sure pass a law in our community to force illegals to follow our laws.

No supreme court or any other power can say any different.

This is definitely true.
The federal government Gets it's power from the states, the states are the source of the federal government's power, not the other way around, as some people and many in the media try to say.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Remember when people were talking about martial law. Now you know what they are planning to do. The illegal immagrants will be rounded up and put into fema camps and shipped by train out of the country. Soon the fema camps will be full of illegals to be processed and shipped out. I hope all goes peacefully when the illegals go. I guess this is why our gov't is sending troops in to help with the police in this situation. 22 million, where are they going to put them all? The fema camps can only hold so much. What about all the illegals in jail? The more states that follow arizona law, the more troops will be sent in to help the police. I wonder what mexico is going to do about this situation. Im sure our military will have a handle on the situation if resistance occurs. I wonder,will the law be for all illegals all types of peoples races who are illegal. So when the military sent troops to chicago to help the police down there, i wonder how many illegals they will round up. peace.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Its not like the POTUS has given us the finger since he broke every single promise he made to the voters. Arizona needs to give more than just a silly Middle Finger, AZ needs to stick its Steel Toe boot up the Fed's Southern Orifice.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

I totally agree with every word right there. The potus has been giving us the finger on this issue most definantly. If the fed goverment did their darn jobs, we wouldnt be in this mess. Just today I heard a Texas lawmaker introducing a bill similar to Arizona, same with Ohio, and now a governer runner for the state of Alabama claims he will make drivers liscense in English only.

Ever since Arizona made the law, its spreading to other states like wildfire; in a good way in my opinion. I can see the fed goverments powers slowly being thrown away by states that actually do something, not just sit around all day.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I believe this is going to be a big mess with lots of riots, gang uprisings, and a political bombshell. The news will love this kind of action. The innocent bystanders will all become targets and racial tensions will rise. I believe the water glass is full and running over when it comes to illegals. AMERICA, take care of that situation. peace.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

Im afraid I see the same thing happening as a possibility. I think it will problably start with immature people that are illegal and for some reason believe they have the right to be in this country illegally. I mean it basically boils down to common sense- come in legally and you have nothing to worry about, but do it illegally, then you got something to worry about.

If the illegals dont like the law, then go back to Mexico or whatever country they came from. Dont start going nuts and saying its not fair or possibly killing the legal citizens when you dont get your way. I swear some people are just big babies that have absolutely no common sense what so ever. It's kind of laughable, but sad at the same time considering how stupid they are.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by buni11687]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I would say that Arizona definitly is giving the finger to the Feds in a
symbolic way.

I believe that the only real solution to this is for ALL of the Continental
states to follow suit, and do it real soon. I don't think the gov can do much
to Arizona with all of the other states following behind. It is high time we
as Americans tell the gov who they work for. They have run our lives
and intruded into every breath we take. Things will possibly get wild and
crazy for awhile, but so what? We can handle a little rowdy, and then the
dust will settle, even if it takes a few years, and we can all get on with
our "legal" lives. The Government has done nothing but yap, yap, yap for
the last thirty years on this "illegal" immigration, so we can all hold out as
Americans for a few years until we get this mess cleaned up.

I know where the Government or states could put to work thousands of
people, at least temporarily. Put them, Americans, "legal" to work on the
borders cleaning up the filth and destruction and trash these "illegals"
have honored our soil with. Have you seen the total destruction of our
desert lands that these leaches have left behind? I say give them the
finger, better yet, both fingers, and lead them like ants back home to
filthicate their own country.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by broahes

I don't believe the Arizona law attempts to define who or who is not a citizen however. They are using the federal gov.t.s own criterion there.

All they are doing is criminalizing what is already defined as criminal behavior, sneaking into the country illegally. I don't see how that's unconstitutional.

new topics

top topics

join