It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Reagan Funeral Plans

page: 1/

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Reagan's body is expected to be taken to his presidential library and museum in Simi Valley, Calif., and then flown to Washington to lie in state in the Capitol Rotunda. His funeral was expected to be at the National Cathedral, an event likely to draw world leaders. The body was to be returned to California for a sunset burial at his library.

The family had turned to making funeral arrangements, a friend of the family said.

The timing of the state funeral is unknown and it is believed that details are being set out in the White House Protocol Office to be read over. Plans for this event have been on the card for a long time and will now be dusted off. It is expected to bring in an impressive array of world leaders past and present.

We'll post more as we hear.

This is part of ATSNN's Special Coverage.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I hope this won't act as a magnet for a terrorist attack. With that kind of world presence in a single location, the results could be devastating!

[Edited on 6/5/2004 by CommonSense]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
I hope this won't act as a magnet for a terrorist. With that kind of world presence in a single location, the results could be devastating!

I never thought of that.

I'm pretty sure the security issues are being worked out as we speak, the protocol office people live for days like this.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
I hope this won't act as a magnet for a terrorist attack. With that kind of world presence in a single location, the results could be devastating!

[Edited on 6/5/2004 by CommonSense]

That's just what I was thinking, security will be tight and maybe not enough time for the terrorists to get anything set in motion hopefuly.

new topics

top topics

join