It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Modernization Bill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I watched the OP's video twice, and they didn't say anything about not being able to grow your own food, but this bill is still one that should not pass.

I was born and raised on a small farm and have worked on small farms all my life. Small farms have always struggled to make ends meet because of all the overhead associated with all the regulations already put on the farmer. This bill would destroy all the farmers I know personally, plus thousands more across the country.

It seems Obama wants to control everything. What is going to be next? Maybe start **cking with our water?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The bill mentioned in this thread isn't the only one of it's kind. I don't know what the final outcome will be,but I think the intent is obvious...and it's not good!

If the government cared at all about what we eat and drink,we wouldn't have flouride in the water and GMOs would be illegal!

Here are some links that covered this subject previously.

Strange Martial Law via Food Control: HR 2749
theuniversalseduction.com...

Lawmakers trash the Constitution HR 875
www.wnd.com...

U.S. - Insane Food Bill 2749 Passes House On 2nd Try. HR 2749: Totalitarian Control Of Our Food Supply
axisoflogic.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
High alert on that bill. "Monsanto’s Michael Taylor who gave us rBGH and unregulated genetically modified (GM) organisms, appears to have designed it and is waiting as an appointed Food Czar to the FDA (a position unapproved by Congress) to administer the agency it would create — without judicial review — if it passes. S 510 would give Monsanto unlimited power over all US seed, food supplements, food and farming".

Senate Bill 510 is hissing in the grass

By Steve Green

S 510, the Food Safety Modernization Act of 2010, may be the most dangerous bill in the history of the US. It is to our food what the bailout was to our economy, only we can live without money.

“If accepted [S 510] would preclude the public’s right to grow, own, trade, transport, share, feed and eat each and every food that nature makes. It will become the most offensive authority against the cultivation, trade and consumption of food and agricultural products of one’s choice. It will be unconstitutional and contrary to natural law or, if you like, the will of God.” ~Dr. Shiv Chopra, Canada Health whistleblower

It is similar to what India faced with imposition of the salt tax during British rule, only S 510 extends control over all food in the US, violating the fundamental human right to food.
(more...)

labvirus.wordpress.com...

I just can't wait until our version comes to Canada. I'm lovin' it

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Northwarden]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee

I watched the OP's video twice, and they didn't say anything about not being able to grow your own food, but this bill is still one that should not pass.

I was born and raised on a small farm and have worked on small farms all my life. Small farms have always struggled to make ends meet because of all the overhead associated with all the regulations already put on the farmer. This bill would destroy all the farmers I know personally, plus thousands more across the country.

It seems Obama wants to control everything. What is going to be next? Maybe start **cking with our water?
Oh yes our natural water is next , with the introduction of bill HR5088 Commitment to Clean Water Act the Fed. Government will have jurisdiction over our natural water supply also.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Important Topic Here! I think it got left in the dust, but a few more people ought to have a chance to review it in living colour. See my post shortly above for a good as the show fits look at it from an impacting pov.

I earlier stated that Obamacare/States and Bill C-6/Canada were the expert system platform met to meet the Codex expert system. this Bill 510 in the States looks much closer to the match. All three are likely interlinked.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

maybe you weren't paying attention in March 2009 when Monsanto's congressional reps introduced this legislation in the House of Representatives.

"Food Safety Modernization act:" Lose your property for growing food!

There were several other posts shortly after, but this one explored the ramifications and Obama's bogus justifications for taking small farmers out of the chain.

jw

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

MYTH: H.R. 875 "makes it illegal to grow your own garden" and would result in the "criminalization of the backyard gardener."
FACT: There is no language in the bill that would regulate, penalize, or shut down backyard gardens. This bill is focused on ensuring the safety of foods sold in supermarkets.

You obviously would rather trust what a self-serving blog posts than read the law.

The law requires food producers of all shapes and sizes to register, submit to inspections, document practices and face prosecution, jail and forfeiture of property for failure to comply.

Here's the link:
www.govtrack.us...

The Act is sponsored by Rep. Rosa DeLauro, D-Conn. DeLauro's husband, Stanley Greenburg, works for Monsanto – the world's leading producer of herbicides and genetically engineered seed.

The industrial food producers and farming organizations want to put an end to “Farmers’ Markets” and other small-volume, local food production.

Federal regulators will be ensuring that food producers, processors and distributors – both large and small – prevent and minimize food safety hazards.

Under the legislation's broad wording, meat and seafood processors, establishments that store or transport food products, farms, ranches, orchards, vineyards, community plots would be subject to strict government regulation.

Doesn’t sound very “Green” of the government, does it? Try a different "source" next time you want to defend government intrusion and the nanny state.

Too bad, you won't read the law, and neither will the people voting for and subject to it until it is too late, just as with health care "reform."

MYTH: H.R. 875 would mean a "goodbye to farmers markets" because the bill would "require such a burdensome complexity of rules, inspections, licensing, fees, and penalties for each farmer who wishes to sell locally - a fruit stand, at a farmers market."
FACT: There is no language in the bill that would result in farmers markets being regulated, penalized any fines, or shut down. Farmers markets would be able to continue to flourish under the bill. In fact, the bill would insist that imported foods meet strict safety standards to ensure that unsafe imported foods are not competing with locally-grown foods.

Read the bill about the reporting, records and inspection requirements and the penalties.

You are regurgitating propaganda. Read the Bill!

The Bill is long and wordy, but if you start with "who" is subject, you can then move to how "you" comply and what the penalties are if "you" do not.

The definitions of what types of "food establishment" are subject to the regs and penalties includes just about everyone who sells any type of food:

(5) CATEGORY 1 FOOD ESTABLISHMENT- The term ‘category 1 food establishment’ means a food establishment (other than a seafood processing establishment) that slaughters, for the purpose of producing food, animals that are not subject to inspection under the Federal Meat Inspection Act or poultry that are not subject to inspection under the Poultry Products Inspection Act.

(6) CATEGORY 2 FOOD ESTABLISHMENT- The term ‘category 2 food establishment’ means a seafood processing establishment or other food establishment (other than a category 1 establishment) not subject to inspection under the Federal Meat Inspection Act, the Poultry Products Inspection Act, or the Egg Products Inspection Act, that processes raw seafood or other raw animal products, whether fresh or frozen, or other products that the Administrator determines by regulation to pose a significant risk of hazardous contamination.

(7) CATEGORY 3 FOOD ESTABLISHMENT- The term ‘category 3 food establishment’ means a food establishment (other than a category 1 or category 2 establishment) that processes cooked, pasteurized, or otherwise ready-to-eat seafood or other animal products, fresh produce in ready-to-eat raw form, or other products that pose a risk of hazardous contamination.

(8) CATEGORY 4 FOOD ESTABLISHMENT- The term ‘category 4 food establishment’ means a food establishment that processes all other categories of food products not described in paragraphs (5) through (7).

(9) CATEGORY 5 FOOD ESTABLISHMENT- The term ‘category 5 food establishment’ means a food establishment that stores, holds, or transports food products prior to delivery for retail sale.

Your blog source is bought and paid for and do not want the truth to be told. They could have quoted the language of the Bill, but they expect you to follow their word; And so you do.

jw

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Thing is, depending on how close those administrative fines are to C-6, they are very serious changes to overlook. The fines may be small with C-6, but they are issued on a guilty until proven innocent basis - far from our present jurisdiction. The other issue is that the one to answer to is the same minister who benefits from the fines and confiscations. It's such a bad slippery slope, and I'd listen to the whistleblowers.

As for seed, if you let Monsanto in on manufacturing their seed in place of natures, then you are looking at GMo's all over again - in your home gardens. Unless you're interested in building high fences, be aware that the seed is designed to drift over and make neighbouring crops sterile!
DNA affecting, illness causing, infertility causing Monsanto seed may take over gardens and crops, large and small. No, they may not disallow farming, they'll encourage it!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
As several other posts on here have pointed out, the S510 is not quite as "debunked" as originally stated. It looks like there are several bits of legislation with language that can be interpreted to include your pickle patch.

Greenhouses may be the only way left to us to protect our non-GMO seeds from contamination.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

“If accepted [S 510] would preclude the public’s right to grow, own, trade, transport, share, feed and eat each and every food that nature makes. It will become the most offensive authority against the cultivation, trade and consumption of food and agricultural products of one’s choice. It will be unconstitutional and contrary to natural law or, if you like, the will of God.”

~Dr. Shiv Chopra, Canada Health whistleblower

We must do everything we can Peacfully to Stop Passage of this bill. If this bill passes I fear it may start the 2nd American Revolution.

Blood will be spilled once again to rid our once great Republic of the Tyrants that seek to Dominate every aspect of our lives.

I can only imagine what would happen if the Cajun or "Redneck" Hobby Farmers were told they could not grow their own food.

I know what I'd do if it became Law do You?

We All have Rights that come from God ( whether you beleive or not ), No man can take away.

The things I hold Dearest:
My God
My Family
My Guns
and My Food.

Take those Away .....

Molon Labe!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

Originally posted by Blaine91555

The law requires food producers of all shapes and sizes to register, submit to inspections, document practices and face prosecution, jail and forfeiture of property for failure to comply.

So if you have a Small Garden and sell your neighbors some Fresh Produce you are in violation of the law.

Sounds like somthing the Nazi's would come up with.

I WILL NOT SUBMIT! History is repeating Wake Up Americans!

To push my point home an exerpt for the Patrick Henery speech:

Our petitions have been slighted; our remonstrances have produced additional violence and insult; our supplications have been disregarded; and we have been spurned, with contempt, from the foot of the throne. In vain, after these things, may we indulge the fond hope of peace and reconciliation. There is no longer any room for hope.

If we wish to be free -- if we mean to preserve inviolate those inestimable privileges for which we have been so long contending -- if we mean not basely to abandon the noble struggle in which we have been so long engaged, and which we have pledged ourselves never to abandon until the glorious object of our contest shall be obtained, we must fight! I repeat it, sir, we must fight! An appeal to arms and to the God of Hosts is all that is left us!

It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, "Peace! Peace!" -- but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!

Patrick Henry - March 23, 1775

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
To eliminate small farmers, giving large monopolies free reign is outright "fascism in the name of safety".

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

"If people let government decide which foods they eat and medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." -Thomas Jefferson

“Experience hath shown, that even under the best forms [of government] those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny” -Thomas Jefferson

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join