It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Modernization Bill

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Senate Bill S 510 Will make it illegal to grow,share, trade or sell homegrown food or even producing your own food. I have a feeling this bill will be fast-tracked through Congress . This will be the beginning of the implementation of Codex Alimentarius in the US, a global system of control over food.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is stupid beyond comprehension!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I lived in America, and was a little more unstable I would go John Bedell on these fools [Just joking NSA, CIA, ASIS & ASIO .............. No serious, I was just joking]

On what basis can they do this?
And what is their reasoning?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I was watching the hockey game last night between Washington and Montreal and right before the game a guy sang a song which part of the lyrics was:

"O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave"

I think it is time you guys get a new national anthem whit more appropriate lyrics.............

BTW we are gonna beat Washington tonight !!!!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Well, I guess the government lackeys will have to pry my gardening hoe from my cold dead fingers.

By the way, does anyone want to buy some heirloom tomatoes? I know a guy who knows a guy. They are expensive, but...............

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I was raised on a farm and my father still has
a small farm and grows his own veggies to
consume just for the family.

I told him about this and he was very upset.
He doesn't agree with it and will still grow
his own veggies til they come take him to jail.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
so what will FLOTUS do with her White House veggie garden?

somehow I can't see her plowing it under, do you?

This Bill Must Not Pass!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

"This is a marketing order that was written by Walmart, Disney, and McDonalds, I believe." - Deborah Stockton

Right. Because when I think of safe food to eat and people to trust, I think of McDonalds and Walmart.
:shk:

Its a shame that the corporations have infiltrated the FDA.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
On what basis can they do this?
And what is their reasoning?

their reason: Monsanto

Monsanto spends billions of dollars buying out
seed companies and then patenting new hybrid seeds.
They have cornered the market (monopoly).

They are genetically mutating the cell structure
of plant life like fruits and veggies to make them more immune
to certain elements like weed killer, cold, disease, bugs, etc...
and have created super seeds. These super seeds are what
the gov is pushing on the public.

If a private farm is allowed to use their own seeds, then
when they pollinate the cells mutate back to their original
state and defeat the purpose of modifying them. They dont
want the super seeds mixing with regular seeds. So they make
it illegal to grow anything other than what seeds THEY provide
to you. They are controlling the seeds and the reproduction
thereof.

However what the public doesn't realize is that these super seeds
contain deadly toxins which have caused death in lab rats and also change
hormone structure and have caused liver and kidney failures
in lab rats. But they will not release info on the effects on humans.
maybe to keep u hooked on medicines from big pharma.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

The FDA is a part of the U.S. corporation. It is very deceitful and has recently changed Walnuts to drugs and Doritos to heart healthy food.

The Illuminati control medical, food, transport, energy, etc. etc.

The whole system is a Corporate world, the biggest and baddest is the U.S. which in turn controls most other nations with the central banking system.

Another country is collapsing along with Greece, check the link and it looks bad for the other side of the world financially.

Like Dominoes, it is only a matter of time before they start falling faster.

Edited to finish this post
news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I still wanna know how they are reasoning this?

Its just to make money and make people sick - I don't know how they can force this on you and have it make sense. How could this pass?

If I wanna plant a carrot and give it to my neighbor - the government or anyone else who disagrees with that can suck a fat one!

my*

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
I still wanna know how they are reasoning this?

back in the 1800's and 1900's entire populations were
lost due to bad food. The Gov is trying to stop food
from contamination by making it impervious to elements
therefore a more consistent crop of fruits and veggies
every year. When is the last time an entire crop of oranges
or strawberries in FL has frozen in an early freeze???

Not in the past 10 years even though it has frozen
in FL. It's to keep the food flowing no matter what
elements try to stop it.

As far as what keeps them from freezing. They have isolated
the part of the Icalandic Flounder DNA that allows it to stay
alive in deep freezes on the artic ocean floor and have taken
that part of the cell and added it to the veggie seeds so that
veggies will not freeze anymore. They're mixing DNA splices.
However in doing that, there are side effects which I have
already stated.

Monsanto thinks they are protecting America's food supply.
But in essence the side effects from it are hazardous to
our health. so they correct the side effects with
pharmaceuticals.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Talk about taking the world over just like the Hitler did but one set at a time.

Just look at the can of worms that you congress has put you in wow what a way to go they just said to every American screw you guy.

Not only that, but Codex Alimentarius is now enforceable through the World Trade Organization (WTO). If a country disagrees with or refuses to follow Codex standards, the WTO applies pressure by withdrawing trade privileges and imposing crippling trade sanctions. Congress has already bowed to this pressure several times and so have the governments of many countries.

While the exemption clause (USC 3512(a)(1) and (a)(2) was created to supposedly protect our laws from harmonization to international standards, it has proven to be totally ineffective. The United States has already lost seven trade disputes despite the exemption clause. Due to the enormous pressures put on them by lobbyists from multinational corporations (who contribute millions to congressional campaigns), Congress bowed to pressure and changed U.S. laws.

It appears our government (as well as al others) is being manipulated one way or another to serve the goals of the UN, the World Health Organization and the World Trade Organization. Food control equals people control -- and population control. Is this beginning to sound like world government and one-world order? Could this be the real goal behind Codex Alimentarius?

The United States, Canada, the Europeans, Japan, most of Asia, and South America have already signed agreements pledging total harmonization of their laws including food and drug laws to these international standards in the future.

WHAT CODEX WILL BRING
What can we expect under Codex? To give you an idea, here are some important points:

Dietary supplements could not be sold for preventive (prophylactic) or therapeutic use.
Potencies would be limited to extremely low dosages. Only the drug companies and the big phytopharmaceutical companies would have the right to produce and sell the higher potency products (at inflated prices).
Prescriptions would be required for anything above the extremely low doses allowed (such as 35 mg. on niacin).
Common foods such as garlic and peppermint would be classified as drugs or a third category (neither food nor drugs) that only big pharmaceutical companies could regulate and sell. Any food with any therapeutic effect can be considered a drug, even benign everyday substances like water.
Codex regulations for dietary supplements would become binding (escape clauses would be eliminated).
All new dietary supplements would be banned unless they go through Codex testing and approval.
Genetically altered food would be sold worldwide without labeling.
According to John Hammell, a legislative advocate and the founder of International Advocates for Health Freedom (IAHF), here is what we have to look forward to:

"If Codex Alimentarius has its way, then herbs, vitamins, minerals, homeopathic remedies, amino acids and other natural remedies you have taken for granted most of your life will be gone. The name of the game for Codex Alimentarius is to shift all remedies into the prescription category so they can be controlled exclusively by the medical monopoly and its bosses, the major pharmaceutical firms. Predictably, this scenario has been denied by both the Canadian Health Food Association and the Health Protection Branch of Canada (HPB).

The Codex Alimentarius proposals already exist as law in Norway and Germany where the entire health food industry has literally been taken over by the drug companies. In these countries, vitamin C above 200 mg is illegal as is vitamin E above 45 IU, vitamin B1 over 2.4 mg and so on. Shering-Plough, the Norway pharmaceutical giant, now controls an Echinacea tincture, which is being sold there as an over the counter drug at grossly inflated prices. The same is true of ginkgo and many other herbs, and only one government controlled pharmacy has the right to import supplements as medicines which they can sell to health food stores, convenience stores or pharmacies."

It is now a criminal offence in parts of Europe to sell herbs as foods. An agreement called EEC6565 equates selling herbs as foods to selling other illegal drugs. Action is being taken to accelerate other European countries into 'harmonization' as well.

Paul Hellyer in his book, "The Evil Empire," states: "Codex Alimentarius is supported by international banks and multinational corporations including some in Canada, and is in reality a bill of rights for these banks and the corporations they control. It will hand over our sovereign rights concerning who may or may not invest in our countries to an unelected world organization run by big business. The treaty would make it impossible for Canadian legislators either federal or provincial to alter or improve environmental standards for fear of being sued by multinational corporations whether operating in Canada or not.

This will create a world without borders ruled by a virtual dictatorship of the world's most powerful central banks and multinational companies. This world is an absolute certainty if we all sit on our hands and do nothing."

This is the future the FDA and FTC are striving to bring us via Codex harmonization. Is this a future we are going to willingly accept or prevent?

WHY TARGET THE INTERNET?
It is no accident that the FDA and FTC are targeting Internet health sites through Operation Cure-All. We are standing in the doorway of an unprecedented revolution -- the information revolution brought about by the Internet.

Now all people everywhere have the ability to learn about anything that interests them with just a few clicks. History has shown that informed, educated people change civilizations -- they change the flow of thought and they change the flow of money. They can even change the direction of a country. When similar transitions have happened in the past, the powers that existed did not give up willingly. The Catholic Church fiercely protected its practice of selling 'indulgences' as a forgiveness of sin. When the practice was abolished, the Catholic Church lost a great deal of power and money.

When the printing press was invented, books were banned and printers were imprisoned by the authorities, who feared an educated public could not be governed. In the same way, the medical monopoly (and the UN) now fears that a public educated in health and privy to the shortcomings of modern medicine could not be controlled. Loss of control means loss of revenue and loss of power. And they are doing everything they can to stop progress so they can contain their losses and strengthen their power.

The printing press changed the world. Can you imagine what life would be like today if the book banners had their way? But because the printing press won out, society progressed and freedom was embraced. The Internet is changing the world in an equally significant way. While the entire Internet can hardly be suppressed, the pharma-cartels and their backers are looking to protect their interests by restricting as much information as they can on the Internet.

Will we, the people, win out again -- or will the UN and the World Health Organization agenda and the pharmaceutical cartel change the course of history and take us back to the "dark ages" of medicine?

WHAT CAN WE DO?
Step number one is learn as much as possible about this issue. Here are some websites where you will find a great deal of information:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Hello,

I've been lurking these forums for quite some time but have never posted. I feel like this should be my first post, as I am really into nutrition and food politics.

I invite people to listen to this very informational podcast with Dr. Shiv Chopra, ex Health Canada scientist (after 35 years, he was fired for speaking his mind) who speaks about what is currently happening--not only in the USA, but world-wide. Definitely a very good segment.

www.superhumanradio.com...

That site also includes information on how to STOP this bill by sending faxes to your senators. It only takes a few minutes.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinetics

Hey Sinetics, welcome aboard. You seem like the kinda guy who would know about paleolithic mans diet...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by L.HAMILTON
Senate Bill S 510 Will make it illegal to grow,share, trade or sell homegrown food or even producing your own food.

BWAHAHAHAHA! Am I the only one who knows that this is an absurd representation of this bill just from reading this statement? Do some research people. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, no? Such a strange mix that simultaneously makes one so gullible, yet so unflinchingly unreceptive to broader evidence.

Perhaps this ridiculous scare statement from above is the result of a fear campaign orchestrated by the hugely profitable mega-corporations that have been poisoning our food supply? They don't want to give up their fox guarding the hen-house position that has allowed increasing profits while the US population gets sickened by e.coli, salmonella, and many other instances of unsafe food. The heart of this bill concerns forcing these huge corporations to give up a tiny bit of their vast profits so that our food-supply is reasonably SAFE.

People really need to stop being fooled into getting all riled-up AGAINST their own self-interest.

www.carolinafarmstewards.org...

Best,
SN

P.S. Yes, this bill is not perfect. That is why one needs to educate themselves, and then contact their representatives concerning the specific concerns they would like addressed w/ any given bill. Believe me, if you call your senator and quote the OP, you will rightly be dismissed as either uneducated, a crack-pot, or someone who should be a lobbyist for the huge multi-national food cartel.

Luckily (thanks to involved people that actually understand both the legislative process, as well as how to advocate on behalf of one's concern), the bill has been modified from it's initial form to provide protections for small farms and producers that shouldn't be lumped in w/ the mega-corporations that clearly have no problem sacrificing American lives if it is in the interest of their selfish bottom-lines.

[edit on 4/28/2010 by skunknuts]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Thank God for Skunknuts. At least someone has a sense of reality. I was reading through this thread just waiting for someone to come out and say the truth not just run with the conspiracy. What do you know, it was the last post. I can always depend on SN.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
Thank God for Skunknuts. At least someone has a sense of reality. I was reading through this thread just waiting for someone to come out and say the truth not just run with the conspiracy. What do you know, it was the last post. I can always depend on SN.

Thanks, that's nice of you to say. It's just so befuddling that anyone w/ an ounce of rationality would not laugh at the absurdity of others believing this statement:

Originally posted by L.HAMILTON Senate Bill S 510 Will make it illegal to grow,share, trade or sell homegrown food or even producing your own food.

Of course these same paranoid people who think that the big bad government is going seize your tomatoes are fully supportive of law enforcement being mandated into demanding that citizens 'show their papers,' or else. Truly amazing.

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This site has good information regarding this Act. Along with dispelling the myths by those who did not even bother to read the Bill.

MYTH: H.R. 875 "makes it illegal to grow your own garden" and would result in the "criminalization of the backyard gardener."
FACT: There is no language in the bill that would regulate, penalize, or shut down backyard gardens. This bill is focused on ensuring the safety of foods sold in supermarkets.

MYTH: H.R. 875 would mean a "goodbye to farmers markets" because the bill would "require such a burdensome complexity of rules, inspections, licensing, fees, and penalties for each farmer who wishes to sell locally - a fruit stand, at a farmers market."
FACT: There is no language in the bill that would result in farmers markets being regulated, penalized any fines, or shut down. Farmers markets would be able to continue to flourish under the bill. In fact, the bill would insist that imported foods meet strict safety standards to ensure that unsafe imported foods are not competing with locally-grown foods.

Read more: www.thedailygreen.com...

A couple of examples shown above.

Personally I think these rumors get started by people who are using these lies to profit somehow, then they get loose on a board like ATS where nobody actually reads the Bills (very much like or elected officials don't read them).

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts

Of course these same paranoid people who think that the big bad government is going seize your tomatoes are fully supportive of law enforcement being mandated into demanding that citizens 'show their papers,' or else. Truly amazing.

Best,
Skunknuts

You negate your own relevancy by going off topic to spew vitriol spawned from your inflated ego.

This topic is here because people did not read the Bill or bother to understand it and you personally make off topic statements about a Law, unrelated to this thread, that you did not read or are misrepresenting on purpose. The irony of it all

This sort of duality seems to be a product of viewing the world through the eyes of a Partisan Ideologue. When you commit to a Party and truth be damned you are of course obligated to spread this weeks talking points. What next a tirade on why we should run willingly to support Cap and Trade?

It really is tacky taking the point of view that anyone who does not agree with your politics is worthy of your scorn.

Grandiosity.

...an unrealistic sense of superiority, a sustained view of oneself as better than others that causes the narcissist to view other with disdain or as inferior... ...a sense of uniqueness, the belief that few others have in common with oneself and that one can only be understood by a few or very special people

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
i was concerned with this so i wrote my Senator as follows;

Letter to maria cantwell and patty murry,,,, Washington senators

please tell me if the senate bill S.510..(food modernization bill) is getting support..

I don't want to believe all the kooks but where i live we ALL grow food in and on our property, are members of the local grange, and are contributers of local produce to the Puyallup State Fair..

I became a disabled person a few years ago, and there is nothing i LOVE doing then just watching little seeds grow into something beauty filled or tasty.

Of course, i don't have all the details, or all the facts,, but could You or your people, please let me know what it is all about, or let me know if i need to have my 10 x 10 garden visited or inspected..?? (who pays for that?)

I try to make ends meet, and pay all my bills on time, so stretching my own food dollar, sometimes means i try to grow seeds to try to grow something i can eat.. IS this WRONG?

I heard about this today, and i feel worried
please let me know the truth.

signed me xxxxx

i recieved a reply!! Quickly

Dear xxxxx

Thank you for contacting me regarding S. 510, the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act, which is currently pending in the United States Senate. I appreciate knowing your views on this matter.

In the Senate, this legislation falls under the jurisdiction of the Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee. As a member of this Committee, I want to assure you that I will be following the progress of this bill and will keep your views in mind if this or related legislation comes before the full Senate for consideration.

Again, thank you for contacting me. I hope you will continue to keep in touch.

I hope all is well in Tacoma.

Sincerely,
Patty Murray
United States Senator

still no real info... but nice to get a response..

Darrman

top topics

<<   2 >>

join