It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malcolm X assassin walks free, 45 years later

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Malcolm X assassin walks free, 45 years later

rawstory.com

The only man ever to admit involvement in the assassination of Malcolm X was freed on parole Tuesday, 45 years after he helped gun down the civil rights leader.

Thomas Hagan was the last man still serving time in the 1965 killing, part of the skein of violence that wound through the cultural and political upheaval of the 1960s. He was freed from a Manhattan prison where he spent two days a week under a work-release program.

Hagan, 69, has repeatedly expressed sorrow for being one of the gunmen who fired on Malcolm X, killing one of the civil rights era's most polarizing and compelling f
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I myself was not yet born when Malcolm X was assassinated and sadly I don't know to much about him , outside of Spike Lee's movie on Malcolm X and his life . Having said that , I am interested to hear your comments on this story and Malcolm X in general . Are there any ATS'ers out there that are old enough to remember this period in time and what it was like to witness the assassination of Malcolm X .

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
It is a terrible thing to see someone that would change his life around and then get killed for leaving a group that only used him. If you can read about how he changed his ways for peace.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Every American should read and study Malcolm X and MLK.

It is a weird wild read.

The beauty of it is no matter how you navigate your political spectrum after reading and looking at the two it will give one pause.

I believe something along the line of that we are all brothers and sisters, having all been bound in chains....Malcolm returned to the US with a new set of values.

Or not?

You decide.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
You can get hold of his biography by Alex Hayley. It is an intersting read. Most importantly for some his last year post the trip to africa was significant as he understood the need for all races to unite for change.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
MLK and X were gunned down before they were planning on presenting a common front.

I bet this guy disappears somewhere - new name, new life - living it large in a black-ops sponsored mansion. Either that or he'll die from one of those 'random' heart attacks or car crashes.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Change to what?

Mankind all have similar values...

The good news to all is that "Their is therefor now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus..."

Which simply means that man, woman, free or slave , barbarian or philosopher, king or serf, we are all condemned under a common law....but the sacrifice has been made...so we are now free...."

The change was from a slave to a freeman...walking under the law of love...of Agape as lay down by the inventor of the way as recorded in the Book of Acts.

Or is this foolishness?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

The assassins gunned down Malcolm X out of anger at his split with the leadership of the Nation of Islam, the black Muslim movement for which he had once served as a prominent spokesman, said Hagan, then known as Talmadge X Hayer. Malcolm X had spoken out against its leader, Elijah Muhammad, in comments that some of Muhammad's followers denounced as slander.

(This extract is taken from the link provided in the OP.)

Was it simply because he split with the movement, or was Malcolm X going to expose something about the Nation of Islam?

[edit on 27/4/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

He was distancing himself, at the same time as uniting with MLK and others.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I wonder how the current face of religious beliefs among African Americans may have differed if Malcolm had of lived ?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Prolly not too much, there has always been a substantial amount of African Americans who practice Islam - it goes back to where the slaves were taken from. Lots of hip-hop cats are practice Islam.

"you cramming to understand this contraband lyrics, My clan submits to pray, five times a day, climbing into your mind with live rhyme display, J5 finds a way......." - Do dope!!

X was alot more militant than MLK.

His mother married his father because he was darker also - which apparently shaped his identity tremendously.

Any of yous heard of Clarence 13X?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Yes...Islam.

I have never been wrong ed by an Islam although I know if push came to shove where I would stand.

Nevertheless we need to come to terms or else.

Or else we have a showdown to prove what.....

At that point it no longer matters who is right or wrong.

Am I out to lunch here?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

Yes, but there was controversy surrounding the who and why of his assassination. There are details and loose ends that do not match up. It just seems to me that he was going to make some revelation. For E.g., maybe he found evidence linking the Catholic Church to the Nation of Islam. Who knows?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

He was definitely taken out by The Powers That Be - not some disenfranchised guy from The Nation of Islam, that much is sure.

new topics

top topics

join