It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Empaths in higher risk than the average person from Energy Vampires?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
If an empath meets up with an energy vampire, would it cause a personality change or subjugation of the empaths normal tendencies since she/he (the empath) has an issue with picking up the personalities/moods of the persons around her/him?

As such, would it then cause an amazing amount of energy drain?

[edit on 27-4-2010 by mhinsey]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mhinsey

Everybody has the potential to "suck" the energy out of you. I suggest you read the Celestian Prophecies for some really indepth looks into this phenomina.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I understand the general nature of energy vampires... but my question is more specific to a person who is empathic having interpersonal relationship issues and personality changes when around their significant other. Jeckel/hyde syndrome so to speak and general health issues.

Are empaths even more susceptible to energy vampires?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
first, the Celestine prophecies was a WORK OF FICTION... it was not in any way promoted as anything remotely factual. it was clearly stated it was fiction.

second...
prove the existence of ANY vampire, let alone an energy vampire

might as well ask are Irish more susceptible to leprechaun attacks than non Irish?

food for thought.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu
first, the Celestine prophecies was a WORK OF FICTION... it was not in any way promoted as anything remotely factual. it was clearly stated it was fiction.

second...
prove the existence of ANY vampire, let alone an energy vampire

might as well ask are Irish more susceptible to leprechaun attacks than non Irish?

food for thought.

Just because it was a work of fiction does not mean it didn't have a valid message or valid points.

The bible is also a work of fiction to some.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Much as I enjoy a debate as the next... the context of the question is not whether the Celestine Prophecies are real... what does it have to do with my question for the thread?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I think so, they are more emotional and tend to react stronger. They are prey for some.

You know, if you want, lets devise a plan to drain energy vampires energies. I am sick of them, wouldn't it be cool if we "faught back" so to say? I have problems with them constantly, i would like to drain some of these pricks. I know a couple who are close to me and aware of what they are doing.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by onequestion]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
It seems that empaths would, by their very nature, be susceptible to the needy (i.e. - energy vampires). Notice the drain on energy, thoughts not their own, and general health issues. However, I cannot find any information that explains this issue and how to address it.

I get that an empath can "suit up" so to speak with a aura shield but if the mental capacity is worn out, how to do it? Energy is sapped like a 3-week flu. More importantly, how to keep it from happening.

I keep reading these crazy forums about weird tantric lotus position stuff, which seem to be a bit... out there. Don't get me wrong, I am all for trying new things, but that is... out there and seems ''wrong" for lack of a better word.

I get the needing to ground the chakras, protect the aura but easier said than done. Any suggestions?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
You know, try imagining yourself in a bubble. That is what i do. I am going to start draining energy vampires from now on. I think if we just start draining them, they will automatically ignore us. Just remember that you really can't be drained of positive energy, you are pure energy and if your positive, you are positive no matter what. Take action, drain the vampires!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
I think so, they are more emotional and tend to react stronger. They are prey for some.

You know, if you want, lets devise a plan to drain energy vampires energies. I am sick of them, wouldn't it be cool if we "faught back" so to say? I have problems with them constantly, i would like to drain some of these pricks. I know a couple who are close to me and aware of what they are doing.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by onequestion]

I read up somewhere that the energy drain actually causes some kind of aura harm and creates an energy addict. So, yea I get the wish to loop it back to them, but there has to be a way to protect yourself to rebound it.

I know that if you mentally severe the link with truthful conviction, they will call back or somehow contact you within 24 hours to "reconnect". Kind of crazy.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
More importantly, how to keep from getting into these "draining" relationships? An empath seems to be a magnet from a 200 mile radius for energy drainers.

** gonna wash them right outta my hair **

[edit on 27-4-2010 by mhinsey]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mhinsey

Try just not allowing it, if someone talks negative say, "listen you are making a big deal out of nothing, get over it" , or something along those lines. Someone close to me makes a big deal out of things on a regular basis, what i tend to do is tell her, "listen you cannot have my energy right now figure it out" , then i walk away and ignore it. Then when they get over it i resume normal conversation.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by mhinsey

Try just not allowing it, if someone talks negative say, "listen you are making a big deal out of nothing, get over it" , or something along those lines. Someone close to me makes a big deal out of things on a regular basis, what i tend to do is tell her, "listen you cannot have my energy right now figure it out" , then i walk away and ignore it. Then when they get over it i resume normal conversation.

It's weird but I believe I have one at work and I instinctively will not allow him near me. Haven't been able to stand him from day one.

funny thing is I usually am the queen of dysfunctional relationships. I actually do say stuff like that but then I stew over it... which is the same thing as giving over the energy. I am working on letting go.

My mantra. "I deserve to be happy, healthy and in control of myself."

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mhinsey

You are right, they almost live for it. I a constantly sou rounded by them, to the point where it affects my life greatly. It is very hard to hold a normal job, or manage myself among large groups of people. The one place i rarely have problems for myself is the gym. I am a personal trainer and competitive athlete, so for me the gym is kind of my zone so to speak. Do you have a place like this?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I work on a base. The ultimate gym...

So many dysfunctional people that I seem normal.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mhinsey

I like your mantra, have you tried metta meditation? I think Eckhart Tolle puts it best, do not add tense to your mantra, he says, instead of saying, "i deserve to be happy" , try, "i am happy, i have inner peace, i am one with the creator". Or whatever it is you feel at the time. Check out this website its basic and works for me

Easy Metta

I do this every night while observing my breath in between lines. I also put headphones in with the sound of rain and thunder. Anytime you feel yourself being drained you can always stop, clear your mind, and observe your breath.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mhinsey

Ack, military personnel are the worst. I used to be in the navy and really took a lot of drastic steps to get out as fast as possible

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Thank you , I will try it tonight. I realize the trouble is I am unbalanced... not crazy like cat soup, but issues that need to be dealt with so I can be calm within myself. Resolve the issues, then resolve the energy vampires.

hmmm... helps to type it out... gives me a springboard for thought.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Interesting question.

Being one myself (among other things) I find that I do indeed get drained when I enter crowded bars, crowded parties, and the like. However, over the years, I've built up a sort of resistance to these form of psychic attacks. The way that I look at it is, if they want my energy, go ahead, but they are going to get shocked. Think about a puppy chewing through a power cord. Once they get zapped once, they are not likely to do it again. The same principal works for me. I absorb energy from the world around me before going to the places mentioned before (because I am a "social butterfly" as my friends like to call me, and I enjoy going to those places) and when someone and/or something decided to try to "jack in" I let them, but they get a nice sized jolt, and is not likely to do it again. I guess you could call me an electric eel....haha. Of course, there are those things that get a rush off of plugging into someone so energized, and they are likely to try it again. That's when I get angry and pull out the guns so to speak. It's easier just to get rid of them, then to resist them. Takes less energy in the end.

As far as the untrained person, I guess they could be more susceptible to psychic vampirism just for the fact that they are untrained, or unaware that they are able to do such things. Makes for easy targets in the metaphysical plane.

Hope that helped out.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The difference between an "empath" and an "energy vampire" is that one is prone to give, the other is prone to take. Both are emotionally unstable, and seek ways to balance their state of mind.

Energy vampires are victims of emotional trauma. Don't think of them as evil, wicked, or any of the such. They're just disturbed.

To get back on topic, yes. Of course "empaths" are prone to be more moved by "energy vampires". The communication is like a closed loop with two opposing forces. The magnets will clash; the energy will flow.

All an "emapth" would need to do is become stable his/her self, and not much would become of the interaction.

Both are in need of energy transference. It takes two to tango.

Wanted to add that since you realize you're instable, you are open to change. You may find this page an interesting read.

Copper Toxicity

I had a hair analysis done, and copper levels was well into the 99th percentile. I definitely felt like an empath at the time, was greatly affected by crowds, and felt drained by certain individuals. It may be more than physical, but I know that without balancing myself out nutritionally, I was incapable of getting well. Hope this helps.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by unityemissions]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join