It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Iran Really a threat?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I came acorss a very interesting article that claims SOS Hillary Clinton was quoted saying that Iran poses no direct threat to the United States.

Is Iran Really a Threat?

“Part of the goal — not the only goal, but part of the goal — that we were pursuing was to try to influence the Iranian decision regarding whether or not to pursue a nuclear weapon. And, as I said in my speech, you know, the evidence is accumulating that that [pursuing a nuclear weapon] is exactly what they are trying to do, which is deeply concerning, because it doesn’t directly threaten the United States, but it directly threatens a lot of our friends, allies, and partners here in this region and beyond.”

I coudln't believe the extent which, 'doesn't directly threaten the US', suggests!

Is there difference of opinion in the ranks of what to do about Iran?

Sometimes I wonder why I don't hear about things on the 6 pm news, yet then again it won't help the invasion of Iran would it?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I typically view Iran as a Chihuahua Dog.

Small and harmless, but has a really LOUD and ANNOYING bark.

I could be wrong, but this is kind of my personal point of view on the whole thing.

Sorry to use a metaphor.

Israel on the other hand, is more like a Pit Bull.

Small yet very dangerous.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
There is NO threat from Iran, unless other countries don't stop attempting to ruin their country and overthrown the government.

The people there are amazing, and will eventually put a government of the people in power. In the meantime, NOBODY is going to use a nuclear weapon, it just won't happen.

Who cares if they get one, it's a win win. Iran gets nuclear energy and a trump card to tell the rest of the world to F--off.

I'm in support of the Iranian weapons program, much to people's disbelief.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I don't think Iran is a threat.

I think they're very brave. And after the Americans destroy them just like they do everything else, after all the propaganda and the lies and the arguments and the whitewash.

I will still remember how brave they are.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

~Keeper

Hey I love ATS because I get to see differing points of view.

I starred you for being honest and telling it how you see it.

I personally think Iran is controlled by TPTB and used as a scapegoat to instigate more wars. But thats just my unsubstantiated conspiracy theory.

Good post keeper. Your opinion counts!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Iran is definitely not a threat.

Second line.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

~Keeper

Hey I love ATS because I get to see differing points of view.

I starred you for being honest and telling it how you see it.

I personally think Iran is controlled by TPTB and used as a scapegoat to instigate more wars. But thats just my unsubstantiated conspiracy theory.

Good post keeper. Your opinion counts!

If you were right, there'd be no point to have a huge propaganda campaign against them for war.

Same goes with Venezuela. The PTP don't mess with countries that play ball...

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I typically view Iran as a Chihuahua Dog.

Small and harmless, but has a really LOUD and ANNOYING bark

I have to agree, yet...

Wouldn't someone with many Nukes be more of a threat?

ahh I sure wish I had the whole picture about all this...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I have done research that says the USA built the first Iranian reactor in the 1960's and now we call them a threat right? Seems to convenient!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by theability

I have done research that says the USA built the first Iranian reactor in the 1960's and now we call them a threat right? Seems to convenient!
puz:

Canada are the ones who built the Candu reactors that are in Iran and Pakistan.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Iran is not a threat per se, if you are comparing them to us on the
basis of military hardware, manpower, etc. In all those aspects
we have the much stronger position.

What Iran represents to us is a major difference in ideologies.* and how far they are willing to pursue same, or what they may be willing to do (to the U.S. or allies, directly or indirectly), under the current administration in Iran, to acheive their goals.

*en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 27-4-2010 by manta78]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

If you were right, there'd be no point to have a huge propaganda campaign against them for war.

Same goes with Venezuela. The PTP don't mess with countries that play ball...

~Keeper

I disagree.

By propagandizing this, they can FEAR monger and keep the population living in fear and begging for .Gov to do something.

This fits in perfect with the conspiracy theory.

Hope you enjoy my explanation!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Iran has little military power in comparison to israel, aswell as the U.S, it's just unthinkable that Iran would attack either, as they very well know it would be marching to their own death, the only way I could see Iran attacking either Israel or the U.S would be in the case of a united arab nations, which is highly unlikely and would still ultimately fall.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Considering that the US is the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today, everything that represents a different ideology is considered a threat, which is why we target places like iran, honduras, venezuela, cuba, etc. In actuality, Iran has not attacked anyone in 200 years. The US on the other hand?....I think we have the greatest war record in the world since WWII. Also, lets consider that historically, the US has overthrown an iranian ruler, paid and armed another nation (iraq) to attack them (with WMD), placed embargos and sanctions upon them, stolen their money, shot down their airliners. On the other had Iran has done......NOTHING to the people of the US. Seems pretty superfluous to be saying that Iran is the one who is a threat. All they have ever truly done is try to nationalize their oil industry at us. Go figure.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pexx421

Iran has not attacked anyone in 200 years.

Is that seriosuly true?

It seems to me that they gain nothing by war at this time, seriously nothing!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Yes its true. Most of that time was the collapse of the persian empire, where iran(persia) was repeatedly attacked by the ottomans and then the russian empire. Iran shrank greatly over that period, though they modernized in the early 19th century and once we overthrew mossadegh we supported their growth under the dictator we installed, the shah, until iran actually had a respectable military, but much of them defected after he was overthrown during the cultural revolution. Still and all, the more important parts are what i pointed out before, we have wronged them often and greatly, and they have done nothing other than threaten the profits of our oil corporations.

To speak of threats one must look at the US, offering under bush a nuclear first stike option....that sounds like a real threat to me. Similarly Isreal has made multiple and clear statements of intent to attack iran, definite plans, not the airy allusions that most people attribute to ahmadinejad (wipe them off the map) and all that garbage.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by theability
reply to post by pexx421

Iran has not attacked anyone in 200 years.

Is that seriosuly true?

It seems to me that they gain nothing by war at this time, seriously nothing!

Yup its true.

Iran has NEVER been the instigator of war, they just alwaysh have retaliated.

They are a smart people. They invented Chess afterall.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pexx421

Similarly Isreal has made multiple and clear statements of intent to attack iran, definite plans..

You think that Isreal is to blame for all this?

Even obama wouldn't comment about Isreals nuclear program and had atough time avoiding the question. Did you see that video?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

They invented Chess afterall.

My my I need to
that comment I learned another cool fact today!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join