It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six investing rules for a worst-case scenario Surviving the End of Civilization 2050 (part 2)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Six investing rules for a worst-case scenario Surviving the End of Civilization 2050 (part 2)

www.marketwatch.com

ARROYO GRANDE, Calif. (MarketWatch) -- So Congress enacts financial reforms. Big deal. Wall Street must be drunk on Dom Perignon, celebrating the huge paid-offs from their successful $400 million investment in "kill reform" lobbyists. And that GOP concession? Phony. Wall Street will reward them for the loopholes denuding Dodd's financial reforms.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit: Change link to page 1 of article instead of page 2.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by ninthaxis]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
One of my accounting professors mentioned MarketWatch in class and I have been reading it occassionaly for stock market information. This is mostly a disclaimer as I do not know much behind the site nor its authors, so if I am posting material that is known to be unreliable, please be gently.

Now that that is out of the way, I figured many here on ATS would at the very least enjoy the article for ideas that it mentions. 9/11 conspiracy, global meltdown, WallStreet are just a few things. I was actually expecting a completely different type of article when I clicked on the link. I was expecting stock advice or safe heaves to put your money in case of economic meltdown, and this is an article about a global meltdown.

www.marketwatch.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit: to change link from page 1 of article to page 2

[edit on 27-4-2010 by ninthaxis]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I was initially surprised that marketwatch ran articles of this nature, when I first discovered this columnist some time ago.

Then I realized it was basically just marketwatch covering all audiences. If you'll notice, this is the ONLY type of column Farrel publishes. He's basically their version of Alex Jones on tap.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

Does he hold much credibility here on ATS? I really haven't heard of him at all, which can be good or bad on these forums.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ninthaxis

He's not that well known around here, I've only seen him used as a source a few times. He's got some pretty damn good points in almost every article but, like I said, doom and apocalypse seems to be his schtick, so I'd take it with a grain of salt.

top topics

join