It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Music

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Yes this is a thread about Christian music. It is not a debate about being a Christian or God or any of that. If you want that take it elsewhere. If you have never heard of these bands at least give some of their songs a try who knows you might like what you hear.

Of course I would also like to see some other videos posts by others to see what they might listen to. Personally I like a wide spectrum of sound to my music.

Enjoy and I will add more.

Raist

[edit on 4/27/10 by Raist]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This first one I use as a ringtone.

Okay so you caught me I like a some “chick” type music too.

Enjoy.

Raist

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Enjoy.

Raist

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Okay I will let a few others post now.
Enjoy

Raist

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Does...

That count?

Or maybe...

That?

If not, I got nothin'

TheAssoc.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Not exactly what I had in mind, though I do like Johnny Cash (Moby not so much). I was thinking of actual Christian bands/artists. Both of those artists are classified in the secular range Mr. Cash certainly was within the secular range. That is honestly the first Moby song I ever heard, it really did not stick with me as something I would listen too. I listen to secular music as well (though maybe in some cases I most likely should not) so it is not that as the issue.

I was really looking for what other Christian music some people listen too. For instance Demon Hunter can be softer to pretty hard in my book as they do scream in some songs. All of their music though is based on their faith and the Word of God. The same is true for the other artists I linked.

For instance Monster by Skillet. I would say that I as a Christian have felt those words to that song within me at times. You feel a need to hide things you have done wrong (sins). You want to hide them from those around you. Same goes with the I need you to love me posted above. As a Christian I have wondered how God could still love me after all I have done to disappoint him, yet he still does. And the song Slow Fade is so true. Even from a nonChristian point of view. It is about how people do not suddenly change into something that is bad, disgusting, not acceptable. Or how ever else you wish to phrase it. It is about how people slowly turn into what they currently are.

The It Is Time by HB is about the Sunday Christian that is only “saved” come Sunday morning but the rest of the time lives only for the world. We see this type of Christian daily in fact I would say that many of those claiming to be Christian fit into this category. I do not know them for sure but certainly there are many people like this.

As well I do not know the state of Mr. Cash’s soul when he passed away nor Moby’s soul. I do understand though they are classed in the secular range.

I highly encourage you to check out the songs I posted though. If you like some of their stuff check out other songs by them. I highly recommend Skillet and HB but the others are some of my favorites as well.

Raist

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Christian Death!

Oh wait, wrong genre. Sorry, not familiar with Xtian music.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by divinetragedy79

Check out some of the Demon Hunter.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Interesting. Cannot say I have ever heard of him.

Thanks for posting that.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Elvis Presley - Known Only To Him

Known only to him are the great hidden secrets
I'll fear not the darkness when my flame shall dim
I know not what the future holds
But I know who holds the future
It
's a secret known only to Him

In this world of fear and doubt
On my knees I ask the question
Why a lonely, heavy cross I must bear
Then he tells me in my prayer
It
's because I am trustworthy
He gives me strength far more than my share

Known only to him are the great hidden secrets
I
'll fear not the darkness when my flame shall dim
I know not what the future holds
But I know who holds the future
It
's a secret known only to Him

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Not exactly what I had in mind, though I do like Johnny Cash (Moby not so much). I was thinking of actual Christian bands/artists. Both of those artists are classified in the secular range Mr. Cash certainly was within the secular range.

While it is true the Johnny Cash is classified in the "secular" range, he was a Christian and a deeply spiritual person.

I would also like to add that the song "when a man comes around" was a fantastic piece of work that affected me in a far deeper way than any of the trendy "Christian" bands have ever done...

It almost feels like a kind of religious snobbery to dismiss such a song simply because the artist, who was a Christian, did not perform exclusively "Christian" music...

You cannot get anymore Christian than this...

And I heard, as it were, the noise of thunder: One of the four beasts saying: "Come and see." And I saw. And behold, a white horse.

There's a man goin' 'round takin' names. An' he decides who to free and who to blame. Everybody won't be treated all the same. There'll be a golden ladder reaching down. When the man comes around.

The hairs on your arm will stand up. At the terror in each sip and in each sup. For you partake of that last offered cup, Or disappear into the potter's ground. When the man comes around.

Hear the trumpets, hear the pipers. One hundred million angels singin'. Multitudes are marching to the big kettle drum. Voices callin', voices cryin'. Some are born an' some are dyin'. It's Alpha's and Omega's Kingdom come.

And the whirlwind is in the thorn tree. The virgins are all trimming their wicks. The whirlwind is in the thorn tree. It's hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Till Armageddon, no Shalam, no Shalom. Then the father hen will call his chickens home. The wise men will bow down before the throne. And at his feet they'll cast their golden crown. When the man comes around.

Whoever is unjust, let him be unjust still. Whoever is righteous, let him be righteous still. Whoever is filthy, let him be filthy still. Listen to the words long written down, When the man comes around.

Hear the trumpets, hear the pipers. One hundred million angels singin'. Multitudes are marchin' to the big kettle drum. Voices callin', voices cryin'. Some are born an' some are dyin'. It's Alpha's and Omega's Kingdom come.

And the whirlwind is in the thorn tree. The virgins are all trimming their wicks. The whirlwind is in the thorn tree. It's hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

In measured hundredweight and penny pound. When the man comes around.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Of course, i do respect your opinion... just wanted express mine...

Nice thread... flagged... Oh, and a couple of other songs, that i consider to be Christian, from the late great Johnny Cash...

Rest in peace, Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Muckster]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

I am not dismissing Mr. Cash as a Christian or his music at all. I enjoy his music; I was speaking for music labeled exclusively as Christian. Nothing against any form of music as I listen to a lot of stuff that is not Christian as well.

Basically I am looking for music labeled as Christian music so that I might find others that I have not heard of yet.

I hope that clears things up some.

Raist

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nick_napalm

Hmmm…..

I have to say I did not watch the full video. While I am sure that song had a nice message it just was not my form of music.

I do thank you for the post though. It is sort of interesting, but only for a short time, which is why I am sure you posted the shooting smileys.

Raist

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Oh ok, i understand... although my post wasn’t meant as an attack... Apologies if that’s how it seemed...

My only issue is with this labelling thing... how do we define what is Christian music and what is not?

To make Christian music, and be labelled as a Christian artist, does that mean you must never sing anything secular, ever, for risk of having your label changed? Who defines these labels?

Sorry... i don’t want to derail your thread so I’ll shut up now

Like i said before... nice thread!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

Well the definition is just the record labels themselves. Many artists have found it easier to start out under a Christian label, get their name out and change themselves, the girl who sings “I kissed a girl” is one of those who stated out under a Christian label. I also understand many “old school” artists such as Elvis and Mr. Cash got a start in recording music that was Christian songs, but one also has to understand that at that time such music still held a large number of people buying such music.

I believe the Christian record companies do have a few guidelines as far as music goes for someone to remain under their label as well.

Some Christian music just finds it’s was into the secular music world such as Jars of clay and the song “Flood” or Skillet with “monster”. I can only guess on how that happens. The last album by Skillet while not as straight forward in the Christian wording still holds to the Christian label in all forms. The band has grown though and is producing some awesome music. I am also looking forward to seeing HB move forward and hearing some future music from them.

I did not take your post as an attack but just an honest question about how one judges music. I hope I have done a good job of explaining my view and understanding of how it works. Honestly though, I would say that one does need to remain true to the realm of Christian music to be considered Christian music. That is not saying that the music they are producing is not music by a Christian or a Christians music if they do otherwise, it just cannot be labeled as such.

Raist

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Christian Music it would have to be, Ac/Dc High Way To Hell.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
That is a lot of videos

well since Elvis was in there why not Beach Boys?

But really

A band I heard once that is Xtian is BloodGood ( heard them looong time ago, in a state far far away )

Was stryper mentioned ?

Just asking I'm more of a fan of King diamond and GG Allin and Ozzy and stuff
but have heard the other bands I mentioned.

Morbid Angel, Decide , Napalm Death , Gwar,
sorry clearing my mind

Spirits flying through the air
Spirits crossing over to the other side
To rest in peace and never die again
And to be with long gone friends

There is no pain as Abigail is eaten by the flames
Her body starts to fade, emptiness is growing inside
Slowly she's leaving her body behind
And the spirits are right by her side

Oh no here she goes, her spirit is in the air
The others guide her to the flames where they all will disappear

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

ok... thanks for explaining

Most of the music i listen to, that i consider Christian, is probably not officially Christian music. To be honest i am not a big fan of many of the Christian bands simply because, although they are talented, its just not my thing.

Well, thats what i thought... However, I’ve been listening to the music you have provided and am really enjoying some of it... Really loved "Casting Crow - Stained glass masquerade!"

Thanks for that

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Muckster]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join