It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High resolution pictures of lunar landing sites

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Many people have a belief that NASA never sent men to the moon. Finally there exists pictures of the landing sites. These pictures were taken by NASA’s Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter.

The resolution is amazing to say the least.

Here's the web site.

These two are my favorite images from the link.

There's more pictures. I hope members here enjoy them.

[edit on 27/4/10 by Intelearthling]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Nice find OP - Never knew these existed. I would like to see a better resolution, but one has to be practical about sending up that type of technology to do so.

S&F

Wonder what's the reason for the Apollo 11 site showing up as a "White Dot". Displacement of moon dust from the rocket showing the true surface color?

[edit on 27-4-2010 by TortoiseKweek]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

I looks like it may the reflection from the sun causing this.

Here's a better picture from the Apollo 17 landing site.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
Wonder what's the reason for the Apollo 11 site showing up as a "White Dot". Displacement of moon dust from the rocket showing the true surface color?

The moon's surface is rather dark - roughly the same color as cigarette ash (tonight's full moon looks bright because - at night - we are looking at a patch of ground that is in broad sunlight).

The camera exposure is set to highlight the details on this not-very-reflective surface. The Apollo stuff was comparitively very reflective - things were either painted white, or covered in aluminized mylar or made from polished metal (this was to help keep them from overheating in direct sunlight). Thus the shiny stuff shows as white on a surface that looks medium grey.

I hope this helps.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
looks photo shopped a bad one to.

heres how the original looked like
retrothing.typepad.com...

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
HAHAHA I love how all the people who dont believe this really happened have slunked away into the shadows. Nice find champ. Shut them up once and for all...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RVZFan
HAHAHA I love how all the people who dont believe this really happened have slunked away into the shadows. Nice find champ. Shut them up once and for all...

Once and for all? i think not, this ATS if you haven't forgotten.

Alright why then skip the moon? oh didn't you know the moon has radiation?
you really believe we made it on the moon with such primitive rockets, hack there designers were former nazis.

Not to mention the radiation would burn the astronauts.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Nice find
, star and flag for you! Are you sure those tracks were from people who walked on the moon or from the aliens that are easier to believe in
. Sorry to all the sceptics but I have always been in the we went to the moon camp. Great post!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Could be anything!Without the information given,you wouldn't know what it is.Rocks,missing pixels etc.
No proof for me!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Many people have a belief that NASA never sent men to the moon. Finally

S & F

Is it me or do these NOT look as good as when the first time they were posted on ATS?

DON'T get me wrong. I'm a believer in the landings.

BUT...

The vehicle and equipment seem super imposed. If I were a skeptic which I'm not. The best proof from these and the rest are the foot traffic and rover ruts prints. A-17 locations shows them the best.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
NASA spend big - sell big - but NEVER SHOW BIG!

Image resolution is caca !

As a skeptic would say "epic fail!"

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I do believe we went to the moon and being honest, I have to admit that these photos prove absolutely nothing. If I posted similar pictures claiming these were proof of an Alien base on the moon, I would be laughed off ATS. I can't believe that these are the best quality that NASA can come up with. How is it that Google Earth can produce such excellent quality satellite photos, but Nasa's satellite photos always look crap by comparison.

The LRO's high orbit has probably got something to do with it, as it's orbiting the moon at between 50 to 218 kilometers of the surface, but why such a high orbit? Why would you even bother sending a $504 million probe to the moon if it takes such lousy pictures. I'm certainly not impressed, but maybe I'm just hard to please.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
gizmodo.com...
www.nasa.gov...
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Okay, but these are from NASA. So I doubt people who think NASA never landed on the moon are going to trust these pictures from NASA. So if this is trying to convince people, then I find it kinda funny if you ask me..

I think we did land there by the way.. but I am open minded that we didn't at the same time and these pictures don't prove anything to me because of their source.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   

intrepid what are you doing on the moon?

... Pretty cool pics, thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

They still haven't taken the time to add in the Surveyor 3 probe.

With the money we give them, I'd at least expect them to decide on an orientation for the probe and then give us something to look at - not make the thing disappear once people notice some discrepancies in the first batch of images:

www.universetoday.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Many people have a belief that NASA never sent men to the moon. Finally there exists pictures of the landing sites. These pictures were taken by NASA’s Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter.

The resolution is amazing to say the least.

Here's the web site.

These two are my favorite images from the link.

[edit on 27/4/10 by Intelearthling]

Have you seen this image then posted first by jra one half is from the DAC camera used by the apollo 17 astronauts as they left the moon the other half is from the LRO image and guess what SNAP!

files.abovetopsecret.com...

So one half taken in1972 then other only a few months ago look at the tracks on both images

This is one of the best bits of proof against all the hoax believers

[edit on 28-4-2010 by wmd_2008]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

First YOU should find out HOW google earth works mate because you dont seem to know.

They use satellite images, images from aircraft and from cars and now bikes! Do you think this was from a satellite

cache.jalopnik.com...

Google BUY the images from others they DONT PRODUCE them

It's typical of you guys re photographs you have NO idea what you are talking about.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Says Mr zooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmm as he blows up pictures to the level THAT NO DETAIL is seen.
Post one of your pics here and give everyone a good

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Flags: 16
Stars: 703

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

someone should show them how to focus...

...and maybe zoom in a bit...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join