It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is this legal!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solarity

its not illegal i don't think. I think thats where the subs are based.

Actually, Faslane near hellensburgh Scotland is out Nuclear sub base, all the nukes in the UK are stored in and around that area aswell I think...

Fraser
faslane is where they used to load the nukes. i spent some time there in the 80s.the only boats there permanently were polaris,all the other boats were not confined to scots bases,and could be deployed to almost any naval dockyard

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Oh...But what happens if someone leaves their gas on, inside the house acidently, whent hey aren't home, and then only 1 little flame or flick of electricity will make the whole house o Boom. And what if an aeroplane crashed right into that school, in a freak accident. What about all those dangerous cars that drive by the school? OH and those clubs with their loud music. It will be the end of my hearing! Oh the profanity and unsafe life that you must lead!

ROFL!

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solarity

its not illegal i don't think. I think thats where the subs are based.

Actually, Faslane near hellensburgh Scotland is out Nuclear sub base, all the nukes in the UK are stored in and around that area aswell I think...

Fraser

i was there !! i just got off the shooting ranges there and seen the subs seen a vangaurd. very very very secure place even when off duty the gaurds stil are armed .

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by zero_snaz
heh, UK subs....the only problem with them are they leak....or atleast the ones the sold to Canada.

just cause ours turn better ! when did we sell u subs by the way?

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   

but still how can one pill save me rom massive amounts of radiation? what chemical has that power? any ideas?

Potassium iodide (rad pills) protect your thyroid, and the rest of your body and organs are still susceptible to radiation damage. It's best to flee the area where "roentgens per hour" are above critical. (Less than 10 roentgens/hr is considered safe, but prolong periods of low dose radiation may cause health problems.)

lowdose.tricity.wsu.edu...

I would think the school should have a dosimeter in the main office,
if they are at all concerned about nuclear subs nearby.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
just cause ours turn better ! when did we sell u subs by the way?

Britain sold or loaned their diesel Upholder class to Canada (probably of defence cuts again). They are now called the Victoria Class Submarines in the Canandian Navy.

www.navy.dnd.ca...

[edit on 6/6/04 by Hyperen]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by muppet

Originally posted by come bite me
but still how can one pill save me rom massive amounts of radiation? what chemical has that power? any ideas?

there's a good description of how the anti-radiation pill works here..

www.ki4u.com...

"There is no medicine that will effectively prevent nuclear radiations from damaging the human body cells that they strike.

True, the thyroid gland is one of many organs in the body. However, it doesnt protect the liver, kidneys, bones, tissue, pancreas, lungs, etc. Most likely if you get large doses of radiation, you will feel warm and wont feel the effects until later, such as nausea. Depending on how many RADs you are exposed to, your cells may turn to mush basically...hair falling out, and the toxic effects of degeneration in the body cells will cause liver and kidneys to shut down...closing the book of life. You can take all the pills you want, it's false security and you're engine doesnt simply run on your thyroid T3/T4.

A friend of mine got radiated by depleted uranium from a burned out tank in Iraq (blow back from shells was also noted as well) as he was with an MP division there. He's ok as it was a small amount but they don't know the long term effects. They also put him on Doxycycline for some reasdon (not for STD but for mycoplasma and bateria type infections [doxi also has been known to kill Lyme] There is more long term damage of inhalation of radioactive dust at your distance than getting the alpha-gamma particles bombarding you as long as you are at ground level and behind builings. An explosion is unlikely but a meltdown would cause them to drop their core into the salt water sheidling the peopel for some time until they capped it. Should be enough time to evacuate unless they force you to stay inside and let the cloud (if any) pass over your school or the water supply be effected.

Good luck dude! I went to school less than a mile from a EPA superfund site...

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
While nuclear reactor powered ships and subs aren't if you have a warhead you're not allowed in Canada, however it is suspected that the Americans do it anyways from time to time when they park themselves at our naval bases.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join