It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now Ohio being pressured into AZ-style immigrant law

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I too live in Ohio. Dayton, the home of the Wright Brothers, to be exact. I can't believe this would be suggested. I thought it was crazy enough in Arizona, but at least they have an excuse with being right up against the Mexican border. I guess we must fear the Canadians swimming over across Erie. This is a HORRIBLE excuse for a law, which will likely COST Ohio more on the civil rights cases and all the innocent CITIZENS that will be swept up accidentally in the "net", than it will actually help.

A theory of mine however is that perhaps Ohio is just using this to help influence the federal/ white house agenda. You gotta admit the AZ law has sparked a lot of controversy and helped bring Illegal Immigration to the front burner for Obama and the W.H. Perhaps Ohio is just trying to put a little more pressure on them aswell. *shrug* Regardless I'm still pretty ashamed in my fellow Ohioans.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

So if you are walking down the street and the police stop you, for no other reason than to check if you have legal papers, you are OK with this?

5 minutes later when a different cop stops you for no reason than to check your papers...you're OK with that too?

2 hours later you are stopped again by a third cop....
like I said..where does it stop?

This entire time..you're here legally....

How long will this go on for before you have had too much?

[edit on 27-4-2010 by webpirate]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Personally I hope ALL 50 states adopt this legislation. This country was founded on LEGAL immigration. There are rules that must be followed as well as stipulations that must be met before anyone can come to this country and gain citizenship. Every illegal immigrant in this country is spitting in the face every single citizen that came to this country as an immigrant and followed the process. These illegal immigrants are doing nothing but wiping their bums with our constitution. Come the correct way or dont come at all.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

An Ohio sheriff known for taking extreme steps to crack down on undocumented immigrants and a Republican state representative are urging the state to pass an immigration law similar to the controversial one in Arizona.

Butler County Sheriff Richard K. Jones and state House Rep. Courtney Combs have sent a letter to Ohio Governor Ted Strickland asking him to pass a law that "mirrors" the one in Arizona, reports WLWT channel 5 in Cincinnati.

“Our federal government has failed us when it comes to securing the border and stopping the flow of thousands of illegals entering this country on a daily basis," WLWT quoted Rep. Jones as saying. "If the federal government won’t do it, it is time that states take that responsibility upon themselves."

rawstory.com...
This is getting ridiculous. Where does it end?

Expect for all to have National ID cards soon. They must be presented anytime you step outside. ID chips inserted into your hands to scan to check for legalities.

It is no longer the home of the free. It is the home of the guilty Hispanic, or whatever ethnicity you choose until proven innocent.
I agree something should be done to prevent illegal's from taking jobs that could be had by legal's and Americans. But this is NOT the answer. This is fascism, racial profiling, and just plain generalized harassment by the government.
The Founding Fathers did NOT have this in mind when THEY THEMSELVES came to this land and established this country. I'm sure the Native Americans all considered the Founding Fathers to be illegal aliens too...

If I sound angry here, it's because I am.

Where does this end???

[edit on 27-4-2010 by webpirate]
Nice try!

Be as angry as you want. You are still wrong.
Most of the people in this country will not sit still while millions of people swarm over our borders illegally, stressing our financial stability, increasing crime, taking jobs from "Legal Americans", and forcing our children to grow up with a foreign influence and culture that should not be here.

GET OUT!

If the Mexicans are unable to add anything to their country, and are lacking the tools needed to create a working society, why on earth would we want what they have, to take seed in our country?

Any "Sane" group of people, would see that they are rioting in the wrong country!

Will all Mexicans whom are unsatisfied with their present situations, please relocate the riots to a much more Southerly Locale.
Thank you for your cooperation.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by UruFist]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

There are laws on the books when it comes to illegale immigration and those who hire said individuals. However, the problem has always been that the federal government chooses to ignore the problem cut funding and in short do everything they can to stop the enforcement of those laws, using the issue as a political means to an end. Those who are against hope to use the issue to pick up a block of voters of what ever group would be most affected, and those who are for, seek to use it to prove that they are acting in the interest of the general population.
If a police officer stops you for any reason and asks for ID, you do have to provide some form of ID, usually a Dl, or a state ID card, then they run a check. If they ask a foriegn national for their passport, then such has to be provided, or they can be held, just like a citizen of this country.
What these laws are going to do is to force the federal government to take much needed action and if they fail to act, then there will be more of these laws that arise up.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

There are laws on the books when it comes to illegale immigration and those who hire said individuals. However, the problem has always been that the federal government chooses to ignore the problem cut funding and in short do everything they can to stop the enforcement of those laws, using the issue as a political means to an end.

Precisely my point, we have the laws on the book - it's not a question of us lacking the laws to put a halt to illegal immigration, it's a lack of enforcement.

What these idiots passing these laws appear to be doing is TRADING our constitutional rights against illegal search and seizure in order to blackmail the feds into stepping up border protection.

Conservatives are the first to scream "We don't need NEW gun laws, just enforce the ones we have."

Here we are with the same situation with illegals - we don't need NEW laws targeting illegal immigration, just ENFORCE the ones we have.

Illegal immigration has been DECADES in the making, now all of a sudden it's a crisis? Is this political posturing to usher in legislation for a BIOMETRIC ID CARD?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I'm from Australia and I cannot see the problem with the AZ law.

If you are an illegal immigrant, or over stayed on your holiday visa, etc, why should you be outraged that the US wants to send you home.

For C*t's sake, you have 1/2 Million illegals in AZ alone, and they are all not on social security. therefore they are probably performing cash-in-hand work for less than a US worker would get. taking a US nationals job prospects, etc etc.

Why shouldn't the law grab there A## and deport them back home???

If you are hispanic/whatever, dont whinge to the govt that you are being picked on, and having to show your ID every 5 minutes... BLAME your relatives and Co from your motherland, for not doing the right thing like you or your parents did.

If you are fortunate enough to live in the US of A, expect others to honour the immigration laws already set out as you have.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by CitizenNum287119327]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I wish every state in the nation would pass this
legislation including my own.

Do you hear that Governor Perdue of North Carolina ???

We need illegals out !!!!

20 million and growing every day.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Interesting to see the right-wing so willing to embrace the police state. Don't complain when the biometric ID requires you to submit your fingerprints and/or retina scans.

I see a lot of defenders of this law claiming that it only applies where there's "lawful contact" or "reasonable suspicion" on the part of the police, which only gives them carte blanch, above and beyond what they already have to do what they want, damn our rights.

I predict routine police roadblocks will be right around the corner, if only to meet the "lawful contact" lip-service in this law.

May as well drill RFID chips into our heads and be done with it.

What kills me is that if you complain about losing your privacy or rights, the right-wing paints you as being sympathetic to illegals or somehow supporting them. I don't give a CRAP about the rights of illegals - they're ILLEGAL. I care about MY rights. I don't need more invasions into my privacy because some cop thinks I might be an illegal, harboring an illegal, or whatever.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Wow, I am sorry that you feel a police officer asking you for your ID is the raping of your rights.

I am more than happy to whip out my Gov Issued Drivers License or my CCDW License to prove I am a US Citizen. If thats what it takes to get the illegals out than so be it. If you are legal then you can happily prove you are legal and be on your way.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Remember when people were talking about martial law. Now you know what the gov't is up to. The law in arizona is only the beginning. soon other states will follow. The gov't is going to round up all illeagals and put them in fema camps. Here they will be gathered and then later shipped by train. The gov't has planned this for some time, so now you know what the fema camps are for and what the martial law is about. The gov't is prepared for this event and knows it will meet resistance. The more states follow this, the more troops will be involved to help the police. I hope this does not get ugly when the illegals get shipped to fema camps.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join