It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now Ohio being pressured into AZ-style immigrant law

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

An Ohio sheriff known for taking extreme steps to crack down on undocumented immigrants and a Republican state representative are urging the state to pass an immigration law similar to the controversial one in Arizona.

Butler County Sheriff Richard K. Jones and state House Rep. Courtney Combs have sent a letter to Ohio Governor Ted Strickland asking him to pass a law that "mirrors" the one in Arizona, reports WLWT channel 5 in Cincinnati.

“Our federal government has failed us when it comes to securing the border and stopping the flow of thousands of illegals entering this country on a daily basis," WLWT quoted Rep. Jones as saying. "If the federal government won’t do it, it is time that states take that responsibility upon themselves."

rawstory.com...
This is getting ridiculous. Where does it end?

Expect for all to have National ID cards soon. They must be presented anytime you step outside. ID chips inserted into your hands to scan to check for legalities.

It is no longer the home of the free. It is the home of the guilty Hispanic, or whatever ethnicity you choose until proven innocent.
I agree something should be done to prevent illegal's from taking jobs that could be had by legal's and Americans. But this is NOT the answer. This is fascism, racial profiling, and just plain generalized harassment by the government.
The Founding Fathers did NOT have this in mind when THEY THEMSELVES came to this land and established this country. I'm sure the Native Americans all considered the Founding Fathers to be illegal aliens too...

If I sound angry here, it's because I am.

Where does this end???

[edit on 27-4-2010 by webpirate]

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

It ends with a country that has 20 million less invaders sitting around getting fat off social security and raising the crime rate through the roof.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

I hear you there friend, and I totally lagree with that.
When it will end, who knows but all of the continental US should
follow suit, which I believe it will. Time to finally do something but yap.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Perhaps this is what TPTB had planned for us all along. They ignored the illegal immigration problem until it reached crisis levels and the states began to step in to do the job the feds wouldn't.

Now they can use the popular uprising against illegals to enact new, more repressive police state powers to deal with the crisis they created through their own inaction.

All the pieces are coming together just the way they planned.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
For us, this is not a problem you can turn a blind eye to-one to be solved by small concessions. For us, it is a problem of whether our nation can ever recover its health, whether the Hispanic spirit can ever really be eradicated. Don't be misled into thinking you can fight a disease without killing the carrier, without destroying the bacillus. Don't think you can fight racial tuberculosis without taking care to rid the nation of the carrier of that racial tuberculosis. This Hispanic contamination will not subside, this poisoning of the nation will not end, until the carrier himself, the Hispanic, has been banished from our midst.

Is this where this goes?
It sure sounds like it.
By the way, for all who agree with my last post, I just took a speech by Hitler in Salzburg, 7 or 8 August 1920 and changed the words Jews for Hispanics, and Germans for Americans.

This is where this is leading......

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I have a suggestion for the illegals(not just hispanic)

GET LEGAL OR GET OUT!!!

Before you flame me as a racist,I have two hispanic son's in law(legal) and two grandsons from those unions. Immigrants are fine! It's the illegal part I have a problem with.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I will add more.....

"The Hispanic youth lies in wait for hours on end.......spying on the unsuspicious American girl he plans to seduce..........He wants to contaminate her blood and remove her from the bosom of her own people. The Hispanic hates the white race and wants to lower its cultural level so that the Hispanics might dominate."

"Was there any form of filth or crime...without at least one Hispanic involved in it. If you cut even cautiously into such a sore, you find like a maggot in a rotting body, often dazzled by the sudden light - a Hispanic."

Adolf Hitler...Mein Kampf with edits by webpirate for situational effect.

This is what we are seeing. Not just with Hispanics. With Muslims too, and any persons or races that don't fit in the the far right conservative side of this country.

We are heading for disaster if this continues. I'm not saying we should allow the illegals to continue unabated. I am merely prophacising where this is heading.....
Solutions. Not hatred and torment.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45

GET LEGAL OR GET OUT!!!

Before you flame me as a racist,I have two hispanic son's in law(legal) and two grandsons from those unions. Immigrants are fine! It's the illegal part I have a problem with.

Feel free to interchange the word Hispanic for the word illegal. This is heading for major trouble. Mexico has already today issued travel warnings to Mexican citizens against traveling to Arizona. How long till it's the entire US?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

All I see is Arizona doing what the federal government would not, enforcing existing immigration laws. Arizona borders Mexico so I think it would be safe to say that Canadian illegal immigration is NOT the problem. I'm all for immigration, we are a country of immigrants, but please ffs do it the legal way.

But this is all my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

PS- Geez, you'd think with all the talk about out of context quoting by the ADL you'd watch what you type. Watch out for another report about anti-illegal immigration and look for your "interchanging" of races show up in said report with no context whatsoever.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Just reading the title of the thread I knew who it would be. Sheriff Jones is my county sheriff.

Sheriff Jones has been pushing for more and more power on the illegal issue. He has placed billboards in the past stating if you are here illegally to leave Butler County. He has worked with ICE in the past to gain training for himself and deputies for incarcerating illegals when the State and Federal Government said he had no authority nor training to do so to turn over to ICE for deportation.

Last week on ATS Live Studio, I mentioned the problem and referred to a North Carolina town in which I passed through and all the menu signs along the street were in Spanish, including the days of the week.

But I could have just as easily spoke of Hamilton, Ohio (the county seat for Butler County) and how East Ave. is now nearly 100% a hispanic neighborhood. Of how there are several corner grocery stores that only carry goods made in Mexico. Several restaurants, auto repair garages, even a used car lot (now closed) in just Hamilton. In Fairfield (bordering city with no space in between), there are small factories with 75%-85% of the employees and lower management are of Mexican descent.

Again this is Ohio, our only international border is with Canada in Lake Erie.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I LIVE in Ohio and Ohio is not being pressured into anything..We that LIVE in Ohio want this! If you want to come to the USA and become a citizen, then by all means do so, but do it LEGALLY, or stay the hell out..

[edit on 27-4-2010 by MissysWorld]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by angrymomma

I totally agree that the illegals should not be here. I am just saying in this thread that I do not think what is being done is the correct way to do it.

As for the Canadian illegal immigration, you would think Ohio would be more set to worry about that than from Mexico. I can't understand what is so important in Ohio that they are worrying about creating the same type of law there.

As for the ADL, I could care less. However, I also do not want ATS to get a bad rap from them...again...and I certainly don't want SO upset with me because I posted something that could be construed I am meaning to exterminate the illegals..whoever they may be.

I am not referring you you angrymomma with this next part, but just in general.
I honestly do not think that most people READING this thread..notice I did not say replying to it...realize the significance to which I am referring.

I am merely trying to show the disturbing similarities between what happened in Germany in the 1920's and early 30's and what I am starting to see here.
I'm not saying that the leaders of Arizona or wherever are going to end up trying to exterminate all of the Mexicans, but with that being said, Hitler didn't really start out saying all of the Jews should be killed either. Only that they be *marked*..if you will.
Then singled out, and we all can read history and see how it escalated from there.
I just see something that is very concerning..from a human rights standpoint..if nothing else, that needs to be addresses.
Personally, I think the US should not buy about 30 or so of those $1 million rockets that are shot up into empty mountains in Northers Afghanistan and take that 30 million dollars and beef up our Southern border, so that only LEGALS can get through.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Solutions are wanted by both sides. Many common sense solution have been voiced. Still...nothing is done. America is multicultural, not just white. We must ask why? Why have common sense solutions not been implimented? It is greedy corporate America. The rich wanting to get richer while the citizens are getting poorer.

Those against illegal immigration have been affected by the illegals in more ways than one. Some have lost family members, children have been violated, homes broken into, violence from gang members, jobs lost etc. Something can be done, yet government does nothing to help its' citizens. People have had enough for many reasons and this will get worse before it gets better as it is such a volitile subject. The government had to know it would come to this.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

This would be great if Ohio passes the same immigration law as Arizona, I live in Ohio and Illegal Aliens are a massive problem there are whole cities in Ohio that are almost exclusively overrun by illegals. Painesville and Ashtabula are the two main problem areas. Crime rate is at an all time high in those cities, housing prices are crazy low some you can buy for a few thousand dollars. The hispanic community there has driven out just about every other race that used to be there.

As I stated before in a previous thread if your in this country legally I could care less what color or race you are, if your here illegally then you have "NO RIGHT" and have "NO RIGHT" to complain about being targeted, you have no rights your breaking the "LAW" that the rest of us "LEGAL" citizens have to obide by everyday. Also businesses that hire "ILLEGAL ALIENS" need to face stiff punishment by the State and Federal Government. It will be a great day if this Law passes in Ohio.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The issue is illegale Immigrants and the federal governments inability to do anything about it. This is a problem that has been growing for a long while, since the end of World War II.
For all of those who are stating that this is like pre World War II germany, I would beg to differ. Jewish people were not sneaking into Germany, and the Nazi's did not just check only one persons papers, they checked everyones papers. They used the Jewish people as a scapegoat.
The laws that are being considered are not there to target one group or another, it is targetting Illegale Immigrants, and stating that if a police officer is pulling a person over, they are to check to verify idenity and to include if they are a citizen of the United States of America.
We are a nation of laws, the ideal being that the citizens are all equal under the law, not social justice.
Immigrants are welcome, some of the best businessmen and women, the best and sometimes the ones who make it here came through the front door, but to break the law to get into the country the question must be asked, if you are against an actual law that states something that is against the law, is in fact illegale are you for slavery? Or how about underage sex trafficing? Or how about murder? Or any other number of crimes that happen in the process that someone who sneaks across the boarder, breaking the laws to get into the country. How would you feel if your realitive was killed by an illegale immigrant in cold blood? Or if you found out your idenity was stolen so an illegale immigrant could get a job while you are out of work, would it matter to you then?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Being from Ohio I really hope they bring this here soon. Jobs are scare and guess who took all the factory and construction jobs? Thats right, Mexican illegals. They are also the ones who also drive down the pay rates because they work for less money. Get them the hell out of here and we will all have jobs again.

Should they pass this law, I will be calling in about a couple former employers who use exclusively illegal immigrants.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45

GET LEGAL OR GET OUT!!!

Same here ! I have LEGAL by the book, proud and proper son in law, step daughters, friends and family that did it correctly.
Those trying to villify a select nationality are wrong, it's the process or lack thereof that should be the focus.
Starting in WASHINGTON!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Sorry but I totally disagree with the OP on this one...

How else are they supposed to figure out if someone is an illegal? Develop ESP to read their minds?

I'm so sick of people complaining about illegals coming into this country and then when a state tries to implement something that will change it people cry foul.

This is not RFID chips or whatever other stupid comparisons you made... Asking for proof of citizenship is fine with me.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
So is Ohio being overrun with illegal Mexican immigrants? Or LEGAL Hispanics of any origin? Hardly; The combined population percentage of all Hispanics in Ohio is less than 2%. I see more Amish working illegally (without proper SSN) than I do border-jumpers. These Amish "illegals" leave their farming communities to work in construction, roofing, restaurants, etc., all without proper documentation and don't pay taxes. We need to fence them in and pass new laws targeting these Amish illegals, before it's too late.

The passing of these Nazi laws is more Republican fear-mongering. Are we too believe this only became a problem since Obama took office? Is this YET ANOTHER "pre-existing" condition being blamed on Obama when Republicans had plenty of time to address it - and failed to do so - under the Bush admin?

Now I have no compassion for border-jumpers. I hate especially those drug-runners, border guards can shoot them dead in the wilderness for all I care. That said, I have great concern over the passing of these fascist "show us your papers" Nazi laws.

We already HAVE laws on the books to deal with illegal aliens. We don't need to surrender our American right to live free from draconian "search and seizure" stops.

The timing of these laws seems designed to push the BIOMETRIC IDENTITY cards.

Want to prove your a citizen? Show your biometric ID with fingerprints and retinal scans. All you tea-partiers and defenders of the constitution can get in line to submit yourself to fingerprinting and retinal scanning.

In fact, a question for the TP conservatives that are going full-blown "threat level red" on this suddenly-arisen (but decades in the making) problem. It's this: We already have laws on the books to deal with illegals - so why do we need MORE laws, and MORE government bureaucracy to deal with this? Shouldn't we just ENFORCE the laws we have, and yes, FUND border-protection, rather than harassing citizens with all manner of invasive and constitutionally-questionable tactics to root out "illegals"?

I could even compare this to the problem of gun control. Now, conservatives will tell you we DON'T need new laws to deal with illegal guns showing up in criminal's hands, or illegal gun sales. They tell you that we can deal with this problem by just simply ENFORCING current gun laws.

But when it comes to illegal aliens, they want to pass all these new laws, that are among the biggest threats to our constitutional rights since the passing of the Patriot Act.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join