It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona "Papers Please" Law Was Written by Lawyers With Ties to White Supremacists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Sorry, do I really need to watch the video?

No, what everyone needs to do is READ THE ACTUAL BILL SIGNED INTO LAW.

If it was written by such white supremacists, then why have they gone to such trouble to insure no racial profiling with the bill and the executive order mandating training for officers?

Maddow, with no other place to go, and seeing that this law even uses some federal clauses verbatim, is resorting to the last resort: Attacking the messenger, just like they tried to do to Ron Paul.

She, along with many illegal immigrants, are getting chomped on by the additional local teeth this law adds to the lame bite of existing federal law. And they don't like it.

The astute ATS reader will disregard the BS, read the actual law, and make an assessment for themselves. With polls saying that 70% of Arizona voters approve of this law, then I guess all those people are racist?

NO!!!!!!!!! They approve of the bill because the fed has not done its job and now their citizens are getting killed. $ 250,000 bounties on border patrol by the cartels. And all the other problems that illegal immigration brings.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by endisnighe
Sorry, do I really need to watch the video?

No, what everyone needs to do is READ THE ACTUAL BILL SIGNED INTO LAW.

If it was written by such white supremacists, then why have they gone to such trouble to insure no racial profiling with the bill and the executive order mandating training for officers?

Maddow, with no other place to go, and seeing that this law even uses some federal clauses verbatim, is resorting to the last resort: Attacking the messenger, just like they tried to do to Ron Paul.

She, along with many illegal immigrants, are getting chomped on by the additional local teeth this law adds to the lame bite of existing federal law. And they don't like it.

The astute ATS reader will disregard the BS, read the actual law, and make an assessment for themselves. With polls saying that 70% of Arizona voters approve of this law, then I guess all those people are racist?

NO!!!!!!!!! They approve of the bill because the fed has not done its job and now their citizens are getting killed. $ 250,000 bounties on border patrol by the cartels. And all the other problems that illegal immigration brings.
TrueAmerican, thank you for being smart. Great retort.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 12GaugePermissionSlip

*sigh* its a shame you have to fight so hard for ignorant rednecks to see the light.

Anyone who supports these laws - are racists! - even if you are too cowardice to admit it. I dare all you people supporting this bill, to just come out and say it. You have negative feelings toward Latinos. Just say it, and stop hiding. You're the same people who cheered the day MLK and X got shot.

Think for one second.

Its already against the law to be in America illegally - so what's this law about? - Its about giving police the power to go on patrol and randomly pat-down and search every Latino - make them show their papers while they're face down in the ground or in a pressure position against a wall.

African Americans are still being racially profiled - have an in inproportionate representation in prison populations and still face some of the same institutionalised racism from before the sixties. Just because theres a black face in the white house doesn't change squat.

There's already ~300-thousand illegals in prison already.

This law is stupid, and anyone who supports it is stupid.

Chuck D Rallies Against AZ again, 20 years later

Take a few minutes and listen to this song...............

Oh, and just a reminder............
Remember what Mexico used to be less than 160 years ago?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

"Rednecks" is a racial slur my friend. You are referring to Caucasian individuals that dwell in rural parts of our country. More times than not, lacking education. Not very nice.

I'm a little unhappy that the mods are allowing you to refer to anybody that agrees with the new law, as "rednecks".

But, I am always happy when one of you proves me right.

On a side note:

1. All races should be racially profiled. The "race" aspect of a profile is usually needed when making use of crime statistics, and preventing crime. There are other kinds of profiling as well. And, Yes, I am talking down to you.
2. Those poor illegal immigrants would not be in our jails if they were still in Mexico, trying to fix their country's problems, instead of carjacking in ours.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by UruFist]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by UruFist

red-neck:A white person regarded as having a provincial, conservative, often bigoted attitude.

That's the manner I used it in, and I think it fits pretty well with what these peoples opinions personify.

Its no more derogatory than the law - so I think its warranted.

ETA: The reason they are fleeing their country is because of the imperialistic relationship America has imposed over it. Remember FTA, and all the corporations that raped it to begin with, and the land you stole, etc etc etc.

How about America goes in there and provides an stable economic structure for them to work from, with fair-trade wages and conditions....

Dont be so ignorant of reality.

[edit on 27/4/10 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
reply to post by UruFist

red-neck:A white person regarded as having a provincial, conservative, often bigoted attitude.

That's the manner I used it in, and I think it fits pretty well with what these peoples opinions personify.

Its no more derogatory than the law - so I think its warranted.

ETA: The reason they are fleeing their country is because of the imperialistic relationship America has imposed over it. Remember FTA, and all the corporations that raped it to begin with, and the land you stole, etc etc etc.

How about America goes in there and provides an stable economic structure for them to work from, with fair-trade wages and conditions....

Dont be so ignorant of reality.

[edit on 27/4/10 by ghostsoldier]
OK GhostSoldier. Thanks for pointing me to the path of enlightenment. You sound like you really have a great grip on what is really going on in the world.
The USA is the reason ALL backwards countries are falling apart. Lets ignore the "skillions" of dollars we sprinkle all over the planet, and the unbelievable amount of aid that third-world countries receive from government agencies, charities, business interests and our private citizens themselves. It's our fault that Mexico is a big poop-bag hanging down the leg of the continent.
It's a great motto they have adopted. An entire country yelling, "Hey, we suck, but it's the other guys fault".
It's like the entire nation is just a gigantic version of some loud, drunken guy, sitting at the end of the bar, complaining about his house falling apart, his wife is unhappy, his kids are terrible, and it must be somebody else's fault, as he spends his last dollars on booze".

My best friend in the world is a Mexican that I served with during the Gulf War. He is the smartest, most loyal, stand-up guy I have ever known. And he is ashamed of the whole mess.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Man, what a surprise it will be for the racists in the IAAEE and Pioneer Fund when they will find themselves doing jobs they never wanted to do at the behest of their Washington DC and Wall Street handlers after they start kicking all the minorities out.

I'm looking forward to saying "I told you so!" when the GDP begins to slip even further down... some people don't realize that many, many, many illegals actually pay into the tax system, account for as much as 1% of GDP, and spend money (which fuels economies...) in America.

Seriously guys, there are better ways for going about this than a draconian plan concocted by people who are 30 seconds away from both the local Klan rally and the highest reaches of political power in this country.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Someone336]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by UruFist

Most of the money America gives in charity goes to supporting and propping up orginisations with massive overheads and administrative structures that little real help is ever given to thirdworld countries. Its not just America, its the UK, Europe, Australia, Russia - all of them.

But yes America is responsible for Mexico.

Have you ever heard of the EZLN? I'm pretty sure they want change, but the puppet presidents that America backs blocks that. Mexico is a third world country, that is directly next door to America, and you think that America doesn't bear some culpability for Mexicos poverty?

Do you know anything at all about NAFTA?

Racists are always like - "Oh, I'm not racist, I have a black friend, blah blah blah". That is hollow and shallow, it doesn't mean anything.

What is your Latino friends opinion on this, that is if he even exists, and if he says hes for it, I bet hes opinion changes when he gets spit on in bars and body searched by cops every other week.

[edit on 28/4/10 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
reply to post by UruFist

Most of the money America gives in charity goes to supporting and propping up orginisations with massive overheads and administrative structures that little real help is ever given to thirdworld countries. Its not just America, its the UK, Europe, Australia, Russia - all of them.

But yes America is responsible for Mexico.

Have you ever heard of the EZLN? I'm pretty sure they want change, but the puppet presidents that America backs blocks that. Mexico is a third world country, that is directly next door to America, and you think that America doesn't bear some culpability for Mexicos poverty?

Do you know anything at all about NAFTA?

Racists are always like - "Oh, I'm not racist, I have a black friend, blah blah blah". That is hollow and shallow, it doesn't mean anything.

What is your Latino friends opinion on this, that is if he even exists, and if he says hes for it, I bet hes opinion changes when he gets spit on in bars and body searched by cops every other week.

[edit on 28/4/10 by ghostsoldier]
Yes, I know about NAFTA. That does not mean that you can flush the USA down the moral toilet. I am not NAFTA. The people next door to me are not NAFTA. My employer is not NAFTA. Get it?

OK, if it makes you feel better, I won't say I have a Mexican friend. OK. Because that would be impossible. Why? Because I'm white. Right?

Nobody stereotypes people as well as a liberal or an angry minority. They just think it's ok if they stereotype white people. That's really convenient.

Back to my friend:
He is FOR the law.
His parents came over the same way my grandparents did.
They waited on a frigging list! They didn't break the law as their first American Activity. They had pride, and morals, and were good people.
They started a life here, and are respected. They didn't demand that the country made changes for them. They, instead, added to their community.
THAT is why he ended up the way he did.
Nobody spits on him, or ever gives him trouble, because he is a good guy, a patriot and a respected professional.

If a group or individual is going to act as a "cancer" in the nations body, consuming, altering, invading, unwelcome and uninvited, the reactions are going to be negative. And, that is the way of ALL nations.

Mexicans are just angry that the free ride is over.

If you can't see that, or understand it, there is no use in discussing this any further.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I understand where you're coming from.

But these particular laws aren't helpful. They really are racist laws.

And if you cant see that, there's no point in continuing this discussion.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I love Maddow, I listened to her show every day when she was on Air America Radio...

Originally posted by 12GaugePermissionSlip
(note she doesn't need a blackboard because she isn't addressing children)

...and you get a star for that very comedic part of your post alone.

Regarding the information in your post, and knowing that Maddow hasn't in the past nor present (to my knowledge) stated something as a fact she wasn't sure was one, I don't doubt that this group probably has ties to such groups. Loose or otherwise.

Nevertheless I don't have as much of a issue with the law and feel that the border problems are something everyone should take seriously. Considering the violent turmoil Mexico is in right now I don't like the idea that anyone can just stroll across the border and stay. As much as I feel for the honest working Mexicans, the idea of a porous border is never a good thing. Mexico and its representatives should be focusing on the quality of life in its country, the rampant crime and cartels that run it, and not what U.S. laws will do to with those illegally trying to escape that hell. Which is simply send them back.

Then again, it is all about money.

I know people that I have helped go through the immigration process "legally", and to be honest, it really is just wrong that people can simply circumvent the system entirely while others must dutifully observe it. Why even have the INS at all?

Like I said, the law may need work and will probably go through changes but I see it as an awkwardly positive step forward in a State on the edge of a crime zone. Do I like the idea that some potential White Supremacists may have had a hand in crafting it?

No.

I'm sure people like them hiding their affiliations or those with ties to people in hate groups have written plenty of laws in the U.S. since its inception.

Slave-owners had a hand in writing the Constitution.
Toss it out or does it still have value?

Flagged because it is more worthy of good discussion than most of the 200+ flagged crap threads that rises to the top around here...

- Lee

[edit on 28-4-2010 by lee anoma]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Rachael how can a minority be racist? We are in a global world now babe, you are the minority in this world. Sweetie, get out of your uptown apartment and get some real facts.

I wanted to rant about the political dishonesty Rachel is repeating off the q card.
Then i realized she is unimportant.
She speaks to a crowd that believes anyone believing anything morally, is a racist, and it does not matter which race the person is. She is a hateful race baiting bigot and a pathetic excuse for a woman.

I am not surprised by her position. She is what she is, treat her like it.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TaxpayersUnleashed

um, did you watch the video? Are we talking about the same person?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 12GaugePermissionSlip

Don't defend Maddow, its almost as pathetic as somebody defending Beck.

I don't like this bill, but for differant reasons then you.

I don't like it because I find it a shame that we have to come to this extreme measure so that we can enforce pre existing laws. I don't like this bill because its pathetic that our police must now risk being called racists so that they can do their jobs. I don't like this bill because people give those from other countries who are here illegally more consideration then they do for our laws.

But its because of people like you that we have to go to such measures to enforce our immigration laws. People like you see a law and you decide you don't think you should have to follow it because you don't like it.

People like you are like children who grab that cookie out of the jar after being told not to. You get caught, you don't get the cookie, but you then get the added punishment of being sent to your room.

Bad thing is that the added punishment only makes you scream like an infant even louder until you either fall asleep or you get your way.

Hopefully this time you won't get your way and you just end up shutting up and going to sleep.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12GaugePermissionSlip
reply to post by daddyroo45

So let me get this straight, Obama is a nazi, until you get to hating Mexicans, then it's okay to act like a nazi. visibility911.com...
You people flip flop more than a fish out of water.

You know who should really be checking papers? Employers. Where would these illegal immigrants find work, if not for employers who hire them to save a buck?

BTW, I LOVE refried bean tacos!!!!!

[edit on 27-4-2010 by 12GaugePermissionSlip]

You people? I never called Obama a nazi. I agree that the people that employ these "illegal aliens" should be fined heavily for it. The illegals would then end up like the rest of the riff raff in this country on government assistance.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join