It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Of course it is possible that UFO's really do contain aliens - Stephen Hawking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
"Of course it is possible that UFO's really do contain aliens as many people believe, and the government is hushing it up" Comment by Stephen Hawking on C Span Television. Stephen Hawking was the guest lecturer at the second Millennium Evening at the White House on March 6, 1998. .

en.allexperts.com...

So why the hell has he recently coming out saying those who beleive in Aliens are cranks or weirdos?

It makes no sense!

Has someone pressured him?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
When and where did Hawking say this?

All I could find was a Q&A about said comment but no evidence he actually said this?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I thought he came out and said aliens were all evil looting pirates? I was really disappointed in him for that, applying human traits to races we know nothing about.

The weirdest thing for me, though, is that I thought he died last year.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Stephen Hawking was the guest lecturer at the second Millennium Evening at the White House on March 6, 1998. .

Im sure there must be a recording of it somewhere, this comment has been on the web for years.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
So why the hell has he recently coming out saying those who beleive in Aliens are cranks or weirdos?

It makes no sense!

Has someone pressured him?

when did he say this?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Heres the full comment in context:

THE WHITEHOUSE, WASHINGTON DC

Cambridge University physicist, Stephen Hawking was the guest lecturer at the second Millennium Evening at the White House on March 6, 1998. With President Bill and Hillary Clinton looking on, Stephen Hawking admitted the possibility of a UFO cover-up during the C-Span television's coverage of "Imagination and Change: Science in the Next Millennium." Professor Stephen Hawking often considered one of brightest men on Earth, who authored "A Brief History of Time" was a guest lecturer. Stephen Hawking after comments about the growth of population and scientific knowledge stated, "Clearly the present exponential growth cannot continue indefinitely. So what will happen? One possibility is that we wipe ourselves out completely by some disaster such as a nuclear war. "There is a sick joke that the reason we have not been visited by extra-terrestrials is that when a civilization reaches our stage of development it becomes unstable and destroys itself. "Of course it is possible that UFO's really do contain aliens as many people believe, and the government is hushing it up" I wouldn't like to comment on that. "Personally I believe there is a different explanation why we have not been contacted, but I won't go into it here. "However, even without that, there is a very real danger that we will kill everything on this planet now that we have the technological power to do so. Even if we don't destroy ourselves completely, there is a possibility that we might descend into a state of brutalization and barbarity like the opening scene of "Terminator"

Link

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
You guys are just taking this out of context. Like the movie avatar sort of. Aliens would not care about us or are planet if our planet has some kind of element theirs do not.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaisyAnne
I thought he came out and said aliens were all evil looting pirates? I was really disappointed in him for that, applying human traits to races we know nothing about.

The weirdest thing for me, though, is that I thought he died last year.

Me TOO!

What's with this.

THANK YOU FOR SAYING THAT!!!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Its on the alien ufo thread, he says UFOs dont contain aliens, and if they did they would be ravaging pirates coming to plunder ye planet

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
just done a quick search here is a site that has all of what hawkins said

clinton4.nara.gov...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by akalepos

Me TOO!

What's with this.

THANK YOU FOR SAYING THAT!!!!!

Oh man, I'm glad it's not just me!
I've been freaked out about it.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Maybe the explanation is that Stephen Hawking is a human being, human beings sometimes contradict themselves it seems. Now this is just a theory so don't cry for *proof'*

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Please contribute to the ongoing discussions regarding this topic:

Here
and
Here

Thank you.
Thread closed.

top topics

join