It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delightful New Russian Missiles Can Be Hidden in Shipping Containers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Delightful New Russian Missiles Can Be Hidden in Shipping Containers

gizmodo.com

MOSCOW (Reuters) - A Russian company is marketing a devastating new cruise missile system which can be hidden inside a shipping container, giving any merchant vessel the capability to wipe out an aircraft carrier.

Potential customers for the formidable Club-K system include Kremlin allies Iran and Venezuela, say defense experts. They worry that countries could pass on the satellite-guided missiles, which are very hard to detect, to terrorist groups.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

"At a stroke, the Club-K gives a long-range precision strike capability to ordinary vehicles that can be moved to almost any place on earth without attracting attention," said Robert Hewson of Jane's Defense Weekly, who first disclosed its existence.

Exactly what the world needs, for sure. There's a 6 minute promotional video at the Gizmodo link, for those interested in envisioning the apocalypse.

Edited to say: I have strong suspicions they did not license the Pirates of the Caribbean theme song for use in their commercial.

gizmodo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-4-2010 by D.E.M.]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I saw this when I woke up today. What a great piece of news for Naval vessels, Cruise Ships, shipping companies.... ugh.

I have to admit that I am surprises it took them this long to design one but even more confused by why they would tell anyone about it?

Best to keep a secret, I would think. Unless they plan to sell them to other countries etc.

Tic, Tic, Tic-moving closer to more world conflicts and wars. Get us off this planet.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

It took them so long because using missiles in this fashion was outlawed in 1987 via the INF Treaty. The USA tested the concept in the 50's & 60's.

I don't expect this to last long before Geneva shuts them down.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

I'm with Gizmodo on this when they say: "But then again, there's always the chance that the above video is really a viral ad for the next Command & Conquer: Red Alert game. Because that's sure what it looks like."

Certainly does to me.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Or they could put nukes on those, send them to ports around the US and launch above the US and do a massive EMP strike above the US...

Aka the One Second After scenario...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

This isn't a viral promotion for a video game. Too long, too many mundane segments, audio that would cost a metric ton to license. I work in the games industry, I see enough promotional spots on a daily basis, there is no way this is a viral video from EA.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

YES PLEASE! GET US OFF THIS PLANET....SOON! These shipping containers are everywhere, all over the World. There are probably many in the Panama canal area, which is being run by a Chinese company. Most of the shipping containers. Originate in the People' s Republic of China. Anything could be inside them, just ship it by sea, drop it off in a port near where you want the cargo to be....or even have it trucked and dropped off further down the line. Anything could be inside it...do you feel me? That is your delivery system. There are old stories of SPENATZ dropping off packages off in U.S. Cities suite case sized packages for future use. This Planet is getting seriously dangerous. TIME TO GO HOME! Have a safe trip home. Namaste

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
This topic is currently under discussion here:

A cruise missile in a shipping box on sale to rogue bidders

Please add your comments to the existing thread. Thank you.

Thread closed.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
There is an earlier thread discussing this topic here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

top topics

join