It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have met BAPHOMET - who else has met him in a dream?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hawk123

Originally posted by hawk123
Atbash cipher

supertarot.co.uk...

Implicit in the use of Atbash is a hidden relationship between each of the paired letters.
One of the most cited examples of Atbash is for BPVMTh, Baphomet, which transposed becomes ShVPYA, Sophia or Wisdom.

Baphomet refers to the Devil card.

BPVMTh has a value of 528 = SUM (1..32) = The KEY
www.biblewheel.com...

528 is also the Solfeggio frequency.

I was aware of that, it is interesting information.

Thanks for posting it.

It links him to Lilith and the owls?

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Trublue]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Sorry, didn't mean to scare....
I will try to stay out of your dreams in the future, but they are just so damn interesting..

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by baphomet420
Sorry, didn't mean to scare....
I will try to stay out of your dreams in the future, but they are just so damn interesting..

Why did you choose that name?

Any reason or it just seemed cool?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Last night in my dreams I met a vampire at the door of our old house in XXXXXXX where I have recurring dreams from, at least once a month it seems. It was a good home, far out in the country, and i spent my years from age ten to twenty living under my parents roof there, with a few breaks. I'm explaining the dream because it was rathr vivid. The man had glowing red eyes, and at one point he smiled and grew canine fangs before my eyes. I wrestled with him, but it was more of a forcewill contact, not a real violent fight. I won easily! I hadn't a shred of fear, and kept wrestling with the fiend after the fight was over. I was angry with the contest to begin with, and simply saw through it I guess.

Nearthe end, fter the vamp of my dreams had showed his fangs, I spun around to look at who "myself" was in the dream. I had glowing blue eyes, and my mouth morphed out of my body, and had fangs similar. I didn't really think it was me either, but rather an empowering spirit that had backed me. The dream was a little bland, and spiritual encounters are nothing new, but the vividness of it made it memorable.

I don't know why I bother to relate, but while we're on the topic of dreams, thought I would. I guess I'm well looked after.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublue

I noticed this image yesterday and the writing about the image ...

Looking closely at the Baphomet. This Being is androgynous -- both male and female -- you can see it has the breasts of a woman, and an erect phallus. You'll notice that the erect phallus has two serpents coiled around it.

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

And I realise I have met him on countless occasions in dreams and I have a very strong feeling he is not just some made up image with a goats head.

The image is very close to what he is really like. I actually have no idea what his head is like but his body is very much like this - breast/s are lower is all - apart from that - almost identical.

He is a he, even though he has breasts but it could be only one breast?

Like this image of the God Hapy from Egypt who has the closed up swollen belly, rather than having it all on show, like the image of Baphomet above does.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/e04b3ca66225c149.gif[/atsimg]

Anyone else brave enough to say they have met him?

Why don't you become a theistic Satanist and meet Him for real. I'm not kidding.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by satanictemple

Baphomet was created by a Eliphas Levi, its not a being for worship.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

Baphomet was created by a Eliphas Levi, its not a being for worship.

As with most demonic names, Baphomet stands for a real being. It matters not whether the signifier is modern or ancient.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by satanictemple

As with most demonic names, Baphomet stands for a real being. It matters not whether the signifier is modern or ancient.

Baphomet is not a demonic name, nor does it represent a "real being". It was first used against the Templars as a corruption of the name of the Prophet Muhammed, spelled in French "Mahomet". The supposed worship of Baphomet by the Templars was a charge that they had converted to Islam, and were thus convorting with the enemy.

The Baphomet of Levi is an allegorical figure which represents certain keys in Hermetic and alchemical philosophy.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by satanictemple

Baphomet is not a demonic name, nor does it represent a "real being". It was first used against the Templars as a corruption of the name of the Prophet Muhammed, spelled in French "Mahomet". The supposed worship of Baphomet by the Templars was a charge that they had converted to Islam, and were thus convorting with the enemy.

The Baphomet of Levi is an allegorical figure which represents certain keys in Hermetic and alchemical philosophy.

I guess you misunderstood my post. For those who "worship" Baphomet, the name is a symbolic representation of a real being, regardless of its origins.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Baphomet is not a Demon, only being shown that way by the Catholic church for their own devices, which they do way too often IMO, as the recent thread said, if Christianity does not like it, it is deemed to be evil and Satanist.

Which is a pile of rubbish, control is what they try to achieve, we have a statue of Baphomet in our house, as a symbol of many things, none of them evil at all.

I never understood the need to scare the living daylights out of people telling them they will burn for not following the way of the Church, God would never condemn anyone to eternal suffering because someone does not like it, more like it is those who use that method who will have to answer for using the creators name to control another, ever remember free will?

If something is so good and wonderful, why does it have to use lies to scare them into something?

True evil is not what people believe, it is what they do to get others to believe.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Yeah, that makes sense.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The actual name BAPhOMET is a Hebrew ATBASH (reverse) Cipher of the HEBREW AlephBeth LETTERS for the word:

S-V-Ph-Y-A (i.e. Sophia, Greek for WISDOM)

where each letter is REVERSED in the order on the table (see below) e.g. Aleph becomes Tav, and Beth becomes Shin:

Sophia = Shin + Vav + Phe + Yod + Aleph (SOPhYA) -
Baphomet = Beth + Phe + Vav + Mem + Tav (BPhOMT)

Note: the Vav (V) is used for LONG O (as in sOphia and BaphOmet)

IN ATBASH, here is how the letters transform in making the cipher word:

Aleph becomes TAV
Beth becomes SHIN (or SIN)
Gimmel becomes RESH
Daled becomes QUF
He becomes TSADEH
Vav becomes PHE
Zayin becomes Q'AYIN
Cheth becomes SAMEK
Tet becomes NUN
Yod becomes MEM
Kaph becomes LAMED
Lamed becomes KAPH
Mem becomes YOD
Nun becomes TET
Samek becomes CHET
Q'ayin becomes ZAYIN
Phe becomes VAV
Tsadeh becomes HE
Kuf becomes DALED
Resh becomes GIMMEL
Shin-Sin becomes BETH
Tav becomes ALEPH

(The Arabs called him Abu-Fihamet - Father of Understanding); the drawing is by the magician and occultist Alphonse-Louis Constant aka Eliphas Levi - who was trained in the Gnostic Mysteries

Notice the pairs of opposites in the picture

Coagule = Latin for 'stiffen' (congeal) hence - rest
Solve = Latin for 'loosen' (flow) hence - motion

which are written on the arms - one up one down

This raising and lowering of the arms is in line with the greater series of images pertaining to Opposites we see in the Drawing e.g.

Of rising and falling - or darkness and light etc,

Whether you see it as a 'sunrise and a sunset' or a lengthening of days after Dec 21 (=in the southern hemisphere a shortening of days) or after June 21 a shortening of days (=in the southern hemisphere, lengthening of days) i.e. the variable recurring CYCLE of Seasons revolving around the image of the SUN, which is according to the Gnostics, the giver of all LIFE on earth.

(cf: photosynthesis which produces chlorophyll related plant food from the sun - and humans get their nutrients from plants - or from animals that eat plants - or even from animals that eat animals that eat plants !!)

Also notice how the OPPOSITE FACING Serpents face each other twining against each other on the Erect Penis Staff

Notice also the White Crescent Moon (upper left) and an ecclipsed Crescent Black Sun (lower left) - again the circle of OPPOSITES at work.

The horn in the MIDDLE of the head has 3-prongs almost like a crown but with solar Light = flames = coming out of the top - the ILLUMINATION of the MYSTES into WISDOM LIGHT - coming out of Darkness of Ignorance

hence: e-ducation - (from the Latin: Ex (out of) + DUCO (I lead) = to Lead OUT OF Darkness - in other words, to 'Educate'

The idea of the Goat head (Capricorn) is SOLAR - i.e. December 21st is the BIRTH of the SUNGOD (sign of Capricorn the Goat) which makes use of the Pentagram and other occult symbols.

And yes, male and female (has the erect knob with snakes (self generating) and with female breasts - androgynous.

There is nothing actually SATANIC about BAPHOMET (which is a Persian loan idea during the time Persia invaded Israel in 531 BCE to 331 BCE when the Greeks kicked them out of Paletine) - but Judeo Christian theology (in an effort to DUMB DOWN THE MASSES PERMANENTLY) tried always to make SOPHIA (wisdom, a goddess) a BAD THING and FAITH a good thing.

But Gnostics (salvation by knowlege, not blind dumb-belief in something) held to many of the ideas presented in Eliphas Levi's sketch of Baphomet from c. 1870.

How you were able to see this image in a dream, might have more to do with your own repressed feelings about 'knowing too much' for your own good - which is a real NO NO as far as churches and syagogues are concerned.

They just want their tax free donating sheeple to show up and put their hard earned shekels in the box - without question - and every week too.

Or they tell you it's a sin - or start making snide remarks behind your back ('my son, he's a good boy, even if he ISN'T PIOUS !!)

So as an Exercise: see if you can bear to stare at the image for a while and see how many other harmless symbols are buried in the image - that is the beauty of iconography in any philosophy or religion - you can hide information with symbolic images - even if they are a little SURREAL at times !!

Just don't be automatically AFRAID of it - it actually is trying to impart INFORMATION and KNOWLEDGE in symbolic form.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Sigismundus]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

Thanks for your reply that was very interesting.

I will have to reread it a couple of times, I think.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Everything on that drawing is Symbolism. Symbolism is meant for the human sub-concious, and is not understood by the cognative mind of the uninitiated. Only the uninitiated take such things literarily. Once one realizes this, everything one has ever been thought changes its meaning, one then see what is boldly hidden in plain sight; scoffing you for your ignorance. When you enter back into the cave you came from to tell your friends and family, then they will think you have gone mad, because they live in the Darkness of the Ignorant. And such is the Mystery Earth.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Acharya]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

Thank you for your very informative post, albeit I found it somewhat condemning of the Belief Systems. All that aside, I did enjoy it very much. I just wanted to add a link to an article about the

Left-and Right hand path

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Acharya]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublue

A couple days ago I had a dream that I turned into a baphomet . I get the goose bumps when ever I think of it, but it seems soo real.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublue

So there is another thread on ATS ( ATS = Fear ) saying that this site scares the living C**P out of you. This thread kind of justifies that, as with all due respect to my fellow members - met Baphoment, seriously?!?!?

I would say you more dreamed about him or something similar but thats about it.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublue

As above stated it is an image created in 18th century, but it has its roots much farther in the past. The symbolics that are used within Baphomet speak the truth behind you only have to know them...
But
Who is Baphomet? Where does he come from? Is he really the counterpart of the god mentioned in the bible?
Let´s have a look into hermetic teaching whre this god came from:

According to Hermetic tradition, the direct, albeit unwilling cause of this catastrophe which affects us to this day, was Moses.
Everybody knows that Moses appeared floating in a basket down a river and was subsequently adopted, deceiving the Egyptian priests of the time. They took him for an Egyptian and initiated him into the mysteries of ritual magic, which is a method for making the key notes of Nature vibrate, and thus produce certain phenomena which the operator wishes to achieve. ...
In spite of his esoteric identification with Egyptian magic, Moses was always loyal to his ancestral blood. Thus, his most powerful wish was to make himself the leader who would free his people from enslavement, leading them to the promised land. Guided by this desire, and conscious of the powerful forces he had learned to control, Moses had a daring idea: to make a magic pact or alliance with an angel, a divine creature charged with the task of providing him with power and assistance from heaven to save his people. After lengthy preparations done in deep solitude, he performed the ritual ceremony with magic words and corresponding invocations.
In the midst of amazing atmospheric and terrestrial phenomena, an impressive being appeared, making Moses tremble with fear and panic, due to the tremendous force it projected. It will never be possible to know or even imagine the conditions under which the pact between man and heaven was made. The angel agreed to everything Moses requested and promised his help, demanding the strictest obedience in return. He revealed his name as Y., and requested that as a sign of union, all his followers should undergo a small ritual surgical operation, with a light discharge of blood. Every man who underwent this would come to be a son of Y. The blood that was shed sealed the pact. From that day forward, Moses was invested with superhuman powers and started doing all kinds of magical feats, converting the Ark of the Covenant into the center of his power.
Plagues and calamities fell over Egypt, and non-believers and rebels were struck down by the wrath of Y In this manner, Moses' people started the Exodus that would last forty years.
Later, Y., the occult power behind the leader, suddenly started to change his procedures by formulating strange demands, all of which had the shedding of blood as the common denominator. Moses was overcome with fear and started to become aware of the magnitude of the error he committed. He then understood that the divine angel was in truth an angel of darkness, the complete opposite of the luminous power he had intended to invoke. This infernal angel was a member of the host of shadows. In order to maintain its power and strength, this vampire needed to feed on human blood, an essence charged with the vitality conferred by the divine spark. This is why all through the Exodus, so many blood-shedding incidents occurred, provoked by the occult dictator.
In reality, who was Y.? One could say he was a very ancient being whose evolutionary origin is unknown. Through long periods of cosmic time, this being kept his individuality, but unfortunately his evolution was directed toward negative, dark, and destructive aspects; much like a human being who grows bitter with the passing of time and adopts a negative and destructive concept of life. Many beings similar to Y. exist in the Universe. Fortunately, the magnetic defenses of the planet constitute an impenetrable barrier against those beings. However, Moses' magic ritual opened a door and cleared a pathway through which Y. was able to penetrate into the Earth. It is possible to see this as the most transcendental, but unfortunately harmful event in the occult history of humanity. The tradition transmitted by the great Hermetic Masters affirms that at a crucial moment in the history of humanity, a powerful diabolic Archangel, if we are allowed to call him thus, succeeded in penetrating the earth's occult defenses and entered its atmosphere, provoking extreme disturbances....

This is qouted from the book "The stellar man" by John Baines, 2002
i apologize to read it all...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Thanks for the post OP ...

I've been sniffing around for info on Baphomet since two day ago because on Sunday night I had a rather vivid dream .. and in it I saw a sign with the word Baphomet on it. I did not see him, but the sign stuck in my head and when I woke, I had this strong sense to refresh my memory about this entity.

At first I thought it was because I'd read about him in the Bible (shows how well the churches indoctrinate you eh) but the found that it might only have been as late as the 15th century that this name popped up ... as has been described by many here.

I'm just wondering what the significance is of my dream, why I dreamed about "Baphomet" and why I felt compelled to find out more about him. At no point has this word or image instilled fear in me .. I'm just curious.

Any thoughts anyone?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Psyagra

my guess is that you saw a thread here in passing that had the word "Balphomet" and it stuck in your subconscious. Dreams are wickedly awesome in that they remember stuff you forgot. You might find a childhood friend in a dream that you had forgotten years ago. It might also have to do with what you ate. A burrito and a beer at 2:30AM is condusive to some strange dreams indeed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join