It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long is the present?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Taken from www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is only a matter of "time" (no pun intended) until it's realized that our consciousness is multi dimensional, and when you envelope the 4th dimension into your consciousness through various means your perspective shifts to include the present moment in all it's infiniteness, the whole of the past, present and future exists in the now in multiple dimensions.

What keeps us from perceiving higher dimensions is the ego, the false self, it's where we spend the majority of our time focused - we don't realise the scope of our consciousness is far greater than the limits imposed by the ego.

People are slowly starting to figure this out, through meditation (taking the focus off the ego and back to the true self of unity beyond 3d) and soon people will remember that which they have always been but which they have simply been unaware of due to the ego and society created by the ego's, then we will be able to leave this 3d environment because through our consciousness we will become aware of the higher dimensional bodies we have, we can then take our focus off the physical bodies (death or sleep) and shift them into the higher bodies or "astral body" etc aka astral projection and utilise those bodies to carry our consciousness into the higher dimensions and beyond.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by Romans 10:9

The concept of time is inextricably linked to the space in which such time is measured. Hence, space time continuum. The present is Now and that now is wherever you are, which is right Here. We are all Now Here. Regardless of the past or of the future we are always Now Here. Where is that? Remove the space between Now Here and you get NowHere. We have always been NowHere, we are always going NowHere, and we will always be NowHere

The beauty of going NowHere, is that it lies in the Present. What a great gift to be Now Herein the Present! The beauty of being in the Present is that they are, in my humble opinion, moments that are Pre-Sent to us by us. Our future is a Pre-Sent moment sent to us by our thoughts and deeds in a past moment, and the circumstances we deal with are that which has been Pre-Sent. When understood in this way, it becomes necessary to consider our thoughts and deeds Now Here so that we may ensure our desired future is Pre-Sent to us by us.
[edit on 27-4-2010 by Jean Paul Zodeaux]

Did you make this up? witty stuff. I love a good play on words.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
First you have to realize that consciousness is a powerful experience/force, and that time and space have to be tied to it just the same as time and space must have an observer to be said to exist in the first place.

Just like the OP said, your consciousness is almost as if it's a ball of light energy traveling along a space-time chain that's dark and "dead" both "behind" (the past) and "ahead" (future), in the sense that you don't have experience either of those, ever. Only the present moment, which is constantly moving.

Now things just get complicated when you consider that this "space-time chain" consciousness travels through also has a time-space component that literally turns our idea of space-time on its head but simultaneously accounts for non-local phenomenon observed in quantum mechanics. "Non-local" meaning entanglement, and all of that good stuff.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by bsbray11]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Great posts guys, thanks.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romans 10:9
So the question is- how long is 'now'?

As long as you dwell upon it

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
May depend on attention span. Or time frame Relativity awarness. Say like the present is the future and past together at a point.

We work durrning the day with the end in mind and move and do in that direction to one degree and yet are acting based on past thoughts and actions. Like making breakfast while setting meat out for dinner tonight.

We are never free in the present, very far anyway, from past and future. The present may be the sum of both with ability to move and adjust. When we get into problems is when we lose sight of the past and future in the now. Is it not?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by raiden12

Dude read out two posts and then note they were posted at the same time.

Its my time doppelgänger.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I am reminded of a little book called "Flatlanders". Time makes perfect sense in the 3-D world, where events happen in a linear fashion. Quantum events happen simultaneously, yet they seem to occur in strange ways that are different than our general way of seeing things. Establishing a point of reference is very difficult. I think that the point of reference of time is events. Now can be instantaneous, or it can be an indefinite period of "time". Let's say you have the flu. You are ill right now, you were ill yesterday, and you will probably be ill tomorrow. In a sense the entire illness is "now". On the other hand, consider those great fleeting thoughts we all have that are seemingly gone as soon as they pass through our minds. That is also "now". Hence the need for a point of reference.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
actually the only way we preceive time is by movement.

Think about any movie you have EVER watched. How is the absence of time ALWAYS depicted?.... It is the absence of movement.

What we call "time" is really just movement. This is why time can be minipulated by gravity. Outside of physical movement time does not exist. This is why I can understand God. He is not physical so before he created the physical world there was no movement, no molecular reactions, no atomic spin, nothing. He is literally timeless.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by trueperspective]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by trueperspective

Yea thats one way to measure time but the mind can project outside of all this to measure outcomes, memory ect ect.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romans 10:9
Recently i had a realization and my conception of 'time' changed. I had always viewed time on a linear scale in my mind.....this is wrong.
All that exists is what takes place in the present. Anything that happens within this unquantifiable epoch exists at once, then does not.
Symbolically it is like a point of light with shadows streaming off of it. The point of light being the 'now', and the shadows streaming off of it being events that happened in the 'now', but are no more.
So the question is- how long is 'now'?
Is 'now' quantifiable? Is it one second, or two maybe? Is it broken down to an infinitely small measurement of time? How small can a unit of time be broken down?
If someone says that x is the shortest amount, then i say x -1 is shorter.
So wouldn't time, existing only in the 'now', be eternal, in the sense that it cannot be negatively reduced to nothing? If so then the 'now' is eternal, in the sense that it does not have an ending...or beginning.

And one other thing. If the 'now' is all that exists, shouldn't it be really easy to choose to be happy within it, thus being a perpetually happy person?

Man, this stuff is weird.

You are so right on the money. I read once about how 'long' the NOW moment is... it was from a channeling and said that our universe recreates it self every like 9 billionth of a second.... or something just as wild.

It makes it sort of easier to understand how we can really create our realities by lining up our thoughts and intentions toward what we want.

I had a meditation last night where there was no time, and no one else. I was one with all. I was everything. This is an amazing realization.

It's also a bit tough to realize that you then have to filter this knowledge and become 'normal' to go out into the world and function as 'separate'.

This mass awakening will hopefully push more and more humans to this state of enlightenment, and we can co create the world that we really want instead of this damn nightmare.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by raiden12

i understand your universal concern about present time but you dont seem to recall the concept of present as you being present, it is the same concept that apply on objective reality life whatever dimension and size it is

see it for yourself, you as a child dont really recognize being present and seek for the futur to be
the later when some choices are clear and through some clear steps you experience existing being real then your goal become clear to be alive
which is just free present

it is just that positive out of objective realities but as a result positive of its full associations and divisions, the present life that cant be else of one reality condition taht you alone exist through
of course there would be some points of past like when you had to move away of what you are not positive to act like, or some points could still appear as the futur from what they mean expectations of positve you didnt realize yet, but overall everyone at a certain age of his time get the sense of living as being present free still anywhere he would move physically to would not change its fact, since that sense is of its true existence concept as living human being in world reality

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Romans 10:9

The smallest unit of time in Physics is the so called Planck Time. It is the time required for light to travel the Planck length in a vacuum. It's very short, roughly 5.4 x 10^-44 seconds! The smallest measured time is somewhere on the order of 10^26 power Planck times, or 10^-18 seconds!

Human beings perceive time according to our brain chemistry and that can be different for even the same person under different circumstances. Like if you are in a fight or flight situation.

By the way, the Planck time isn't a limit, it is just a meaningful reference point. The neat thing about all this, is that while the brain deals with time through chemistry, the mind can make amazing abstractions about time without having to measure it!

DE

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by desert_eagle

i dont agree with what you say about humans sense of time, you refer to yourself subjective life from what you mean creations being what make life and not truth, therefor you identify your time life by seeing another full reality of human alive that you enjoy to unconsciently pretend being alive like

that is the roots of love sense you love to talk about endlessly

it is the lie as the base of enthousiasm to exist out of void by profiting from positive truth opportunity allowing subjective creations life ways

i for myself identify my living sense by seeing myself positive move objective reality, so the freedom present become more real too as living positive free true, and the sense of seeing others is also source of confusions that now only i understand why as lacking the principal factor of life being obejctive reality free positive same sense

and i saw how a lot of people function the same way, meaning to do positive as it objectively appear as their sense of right living without having any subjective dream of life to get enflammed when they see a star or another pretense of positive existing self mind

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
like i see how truth justify relations between creators and creatures

gods are suppose to be real up since they are awre they are suppose to translate their realities within each others truly, this of course generate creations terms that are gods expressions as real among themselves while out free, and those creations would become apparently existing from truth asserting those moves as facts of positive existence, then creatures that are simply the awareness of those positive moves senses would mean the life of facts sources as truth to mean their own free living sense from those facts positively

and that is how creator would the concept of truth reality while creature would be the concept of truth life

so the creature is the living true absolutely and the creator is the existing objective fact absolutely , the character of absolute is prooved from that relation between creator and creature the equality perfection
how the creature in truth is the living superior freedom of what creator is acting as the living superior to itself, but objectively he must admit the living superior of another living that he deals with in truth as absolutely when there must be an objective reality between them

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
i will answer from more of a phylosophical point of view.

if you put yourself as a factor you will notice that in average humans thought pattern restarts or refreshes (like in computers) every 3 seconds (avg.) its hard for me to explain cause english is not my first lang.

in such case we can say that present is average 3 sec. long but from mathematical point of view even asking such question is an oxymoron since something w/o a lenght cannot be long
(thats probably stupidly said )

i hope some one understood me

cheers

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by reassor
iin such case we can say that present is average 3 sec. long but from mathematical point of view even asking such question is an oxymoron since something w/o a lenght cannot be long

exactly, the concept of existing is absolute realisation fact
so present must be absolutely, you cannot say about those 3 seconds being any objective absolute fact present, when they are not the source concept that relate every human to it in order to define the present objective reality time

shortest length cannot be a reference when it is not the reference to absolute realisation of positive truth objectively done

the sense of present done by truth realisation absolutely is objective superiority recognition,
the fact that you have an objective perspective it means that superior fact exist, now the fact that you recognize how it is a superior fact make you present for sure of certainty fact

top topics

<< 1   >>

join