It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomatoes are EVIL!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
We are constantly told that Tomatoes contain natural "sun screen" (lypocene), high amounts of vitamins, water and they're all good and healthy.
The doubt on such alleged beneficial qualities for me came with various forms of athritis in my family, and how uncooked tomatoes (which we grow) make pain and inflammation worse. Everyone says it's their acidity and the seasonal amounts eaten. Yet they don't seem highly acidic.
It turns out they are part of the deadly nightshade family and contain a poison. It's similar to nicotine and quitting smokers should avoid raw tomatoes.
My Grandad and many other Germans refused to eat them raw, and called them the biggest "dreck" (dirt).
Well, I finally found my proof for the athritic effects, and other concerns of constant tomatoe pushing:
www.tomatoesareevil.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Well here's some extrapolation from the "tomatoes are evil" site above:

The tomato, as a member of the Nightshade family, contains a bitter poisonous alkaloid called "Solanine".

[edit on 27-4-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
interesting link) I don't really trust tomatoes either. Let me be the first to link this because its inevitable)

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
If tomatoes are evil, the pickled cucumber is the root of all evil, far more dangerous than the forbidden fruit of knowledge in the garden of Eden.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

that's the first thing I though about when I read this!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Dunno about evil, but I had an Aunt who refused to eat them because she thought they were an aphrodisiac.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

that's pretty funny!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by valiant

I was first so upset, because the thread was moved from ATS. I thought: I finally find a food conspiracy that affects everyone, and then it gets relegated to chit chat!
But the comments here have encouraged me, and if anyone else continues to suffer because of tomato propaganda we know who to blame.
So it is conspiracy and people are brainwashed.
Their minds have been ket-shupped!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I recall somewhere in literature that upon being spread from America to Europe they were first only fed to animals, but also called the "love apple". So yeah, they were known as an aphrodisiac, why I cannot say.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
www.independent.co.uk...

But scientists in Delhi believe they have found a solution, or at least part of the solution. Modification of a tomato – but a modification that does not require the introduction of foreign genes – has extended the life of the fruit to up to 45 days. Indeed, the scientists at the National Institute of Plant Genome Research (NIPGR) believe they may have produced the world's longest lasting tomato. "We're not adding new genes into tomatoes – the shelf life is increased by silencing two genes that make the fruits go soft," said the institute's senior scientist, Asis Datta. "Think about a normal tomato that can last a maximum of 15 days. This can last for 45 days without any problem. It is good news for the common people."
And so it begins........ :shk::shk::shk:
Seriously tho any food from the nightshade family deserves more scrutiny.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
If tomatoes are evil, the pickled cucumber is the root of all evil, far more dangerous than the forbidden fruit of knowledge in the garden of Eden.

Apart from being somewhat acidic perhaps, I fail to see how cucumbers are similarly "evil"?
However, during my time with the Hindu Hare Krishnas I learnt that they forgo vinegar and preserves, and they believe the root ends of cucumbers contain a poison and thus they never use the ends or tips.
The bitter taste is present and it's not the best part of a cucumber.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Wow that is indeed shady!!!
It appears the tomato is always in the frontline of egineered foods.
Already in the 1980s people who returned to SA from Holland were complaining that they have these huge tomatoes that were huge, watery mush.
There seems to have been a consumer backlash here.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Yes, it's in the nightshade family, but the danger is more in the leaves and stems...

Plant toxicity
The leaves, stems, and green unripe fruit of the tomato plant contain small amounts of the poisonous alkaloid tomatine[35]. Tomato leaves in the form of a tea have been linked to at least one death[36], but the levels of tomatine are generally too small to be dangerous[35][37], so foods such as fried green tomatoes are safe to eat. Ripe tomatoes do not contain any detectable tomatine[35].
When exposed to the acid in tomatoes, the lead in pewter plates leached out. This caused some people to stop eating tomatoes.[5][unreliable source?]
Tomato plants can be toxic to dogs, if they eat large amounts of the tomato itself, or chew on the plant that grows it.[38]
[edit]

Wikipedia...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Darn, because when I don't drink or another person is the designated driver I keep telling them to drink tomato juice - "the virgin Mary". I've really lauded the health benefits of tomato juice, but now I'm actually quite shocked by all this, but some athritic attacks are starting to make sense.
I mean sure, a tomato slice here and there won't hurt, but deliberately drinking the raw juice - maybe not so good after all!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

and I love to eat them BOTH....but alas...the tummy gets nasty when I eat either......

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure the Pilgrims refused to eat tomatoes. They thought they were poisonous.
Can't stand them myself...
They should be outlawed...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
tomatoes really get engineered alot,here there are lots of big watery ones with NO TASTE as well,sometimes they make you go to the toilet XD

top topics

join