It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Campaign-Important-Must read

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by damn_ummmm

Very valid point but, if atleast we got more people that had info that we want to here. Dunno maybe its just me but i`m sick of waiting for the truth of the world.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

Good things come to those who wait...

The 'truth' is different for each individual, your truth may not be the same as mine.. I might already have found my truth while you are still waiting and you can't force your truth onto me..

Patience, it will come.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by damn_ummmm

*sigh* isnt that we always get told.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I think it's a great idea OP, but I think it may be slightly premature.

With the new website coming soon, the ATS Live not long underway, and various other changes happening, I think it would pay to re-assess the situation again in a few months time.

also, I know from my experience as a Music Manager/Promoter that you can't just go all out sending information to as many people as you can think of. I have tried this, and to be bluntly honest, people tend to just toss it in the garbage bin/recycle bin.

It's really, really pays off to sit down do lots of research into the subject, look at how other people get their name out there, look at how you can catch peoples attention, gain their trust, then, and only then, you sit down with a good number of interested people from ATS (especially the site owners and staff) and come up with a strategic masterpiece

GOOD IDEA!

G.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

I think this is one of those times were i let my emotions run wild on the forum.

lol

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Hey, it's a great idea man! You just need to sit down, breathe, and come up with a really detailed action plan......THEN Mail it to the site owners first!

g

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Its not like i'm asking people to go spam sites and such i basically just want to let the people that dont know the site is here to be able to come here if they wish to.

I'm going to go solo take a step back and see what i can do. that way if people outside the site dont like it they can grill me and not my fellow ats'ers

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Your idea could be hugely successful if it were a co-ordinated effort that has been really well thought out amongst members and site staff.

Once the new site, Radio show etc get off the ground properly and the new ATS gets it's roots firmly in the ground, then would be a great time to think of a Publicity Drive.

This plan could have a name, and it could be coupled together with the radio show to include guest speakers from various organisiations etc.

what i'm saying is, your plan has potential for sure, but it has to be done right first time round!

g

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Yep well i always have a ton of ideas, all i need is the go-ahead lol i could be pitching ideas all day long.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Op i share your enthusiasm but do agree with the site owner. You have to be careful, very careful how you approach people concerning ATS. I have told friends and family about it and have had as many mixed reactions as you can come up with. The thing you have to remember is that alot of mainstream people think of ATS and ATS'ers as nutcases. This is of course at first glance with the 911 conspiracies and UFO's and aliens etc etc all being lumped together. The whole conspiracy angle of ATS has many thinking of crazy people who sit in their basements making pipe bombs and hoarding food waiting on the end of the world. Yep i have even had people look at me funny after they check out this site and come back to me wondering if i might be one of these people. I bet they wonder if i have a uhaul truck filled with fertilizer waiting to park it in some parking garage lol.
Some people i know have come here and liked the website but havent created an account yet. I have friends at work who make fun of me for posting on a conspiracy site but even they blog about politics and other similar things we post on here. After they got to know that we here at ATS talk about all of the same issues they do well now they dont bother me so much. I even joined another forum a coworker of mine got me into so maybe he will come over here if he can ever get over his misconception that ATS'ers are all a bunch of conspiracy weirdos.

This makes me wonder how so many people come to know of ATS. I came to find this website one day when i was searching online about ghosts and haunted places. This thread showed up in my search and i clicked on it. The site was so well put together and interesting i just had to have a look around. I never left after that day. I didnt become a member to the boards right away i kinda just visited every day and read what others wrote.

As i said i share your enthusiasm and i would love to get the word out because i think this website has alot to offer and is rich in content. Some of it i think is crazy and out there but like someone else said earlier, one persons truth is not anothers. So just because i thinks its crazy doesnt make it so. I do enjoy everything on here though.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by fizzy1

I came across this website the same way as you. and i'm glad i did

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

I can only reiterate SkepticOverlord’s, and other members’ points, that any publicity for ATS carried out by anyone other than official representatives has to be done in a composed and thoughtful manner.

You have to be ready – and sanctioned, of course – to do such work.

I know you are new here. Feels great, doesn’t it, being amongst (some) free-thinking and unblinkered individuals?

It is empowering to have found something in your life to become so passionate about. The examination of conspiracy theory – in all its myriad forms – can lift you from a life that you didn’t realise was mundane and uncomplicated into realms of thought that are simply life-altering.

It also can open your eyes to wonders and horrors.

And ATS certainly should open your mind to extreme possibilities, but not to the extent – as Carl Sagan once put it – that your mind becomes so open your brain falls out. You have to temper the information coming in, and filter it through a process of rationality and plausibility.

You may think that the world is a strange place now, but just wait until you’ve discounted all the lies and liars, and have navigated past the deluded, then see what you’re left with.

That’s when things get really spooky.

The sudden need to want everyone else to experience the same feeling of belonging and the intense sensation of having gained new and important knowledge is fantastic, but it can become, if it is not checked by reason and reflection, pretentiously evangelical.

And if you get to that stage of lecturing people self-importantly, then people stop listening to you. No one wants to be preached at (well, a few people do, but that’s their problem).

I admire your drive. It bodes well. I know you’ll listen to the comments on this thread and take them on board.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

lol i still have my sanity and i still have my brains. oops one sec some gloop just fell on the floor

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Damn True , I was ready to back you up big time on this. Skeptic' s words
being very wise indeed have definetly squashed that. We can only compliment the Overlord and the rest of the heirarchy of ATS. They
obviously posses an intimate knowledge of this business. Bravo.
This isn't going to change your train of thought for one second either
right. RIGHT!
SnF
You keep your mind in the game pal. You have a great way of thinking.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Wouldnt say i'm great but i have been making banners for the site once i've made a few i'll ask The 3 amigos if its ok for people that have websites on ere to use them with a hyperlink.

Check my sig for my first attempt

Would be easier if i knew which font they used on the logo cant find a match anywere.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by True-seer]

[edit on 28-4-2010 by True-seer]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

but not to the extent – as Carl Sagan once put it – that your mind becomes so open your brain falls out

That's a very funny quote! Made me laugh after a crap day at work!!

Cheers.
g

[edit on 28-4-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Classic quote
makes me chuckle every time

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
ATS isn't some gimmick that needs hyping to the masses thru hybperbole and adds. It has to stand on its own merit. People gravitate here because they are naturally and truly interested; not because someone convinced them to do so.

Obviously it has succeeded to grow naturally, and organically. I think that things are on the right track. Most of what is discussed here needs to be absorbed rather slowly -- at first glace it can be off-putting, but every time you see the subjects discussed they become clearer and understanding and acceptance grows.

I am sure there isn't a member here who hasn't been frustrated in attempting to get a friend to explore the sight and found them completely uninterested.

C'est la vie.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

I am not saying that, all i was pointing out is the people that are interested in this kind of thing may not know its here.

Dont matter anymore

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

I'm amazed at just how passionate and enthusiastic you are having only been here for 6 Days
But that's just my cynical mind working anyway.

I actually like your ideas but I think the best way to do it personally is word of mouth and through friends and friends of friends and so on.
I have very few people I know in real life that are actually interested in these subjects... I have one or two but most people just don't care.

I actually started a thread asking why We were interested in these topics but nobody else was and gave an example of some of the criticism and ignorance I've encountered, and from friends too...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So I think just sending messages out to people saying basically "Hey wake up, you're being lied to by the MSM" is not the best idea, considering you're thinking of sending this to the MSM outlets.

It's best to start with your own circle of friends and work outwards, no matter how tricky it is.
If you can't convince people you know, what chance have you got in convincing thousands, millions of people you don't know.

[edit on 28/4/10 by blupblup]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join