It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Announces Wednesday Media Teleconference About Search For Extraterrestrial Life

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Don't bother holding your breath. The announcement will more than likely just be very general on the subject of ET's, and they will probably saying something like:

"We are extending our research to include the subject of ET's and what some people call 'UFO's' since we have stopped searching for them many years ago."

Which isn't true either we all know that they never stopped searching - just publicly stopped looking.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by broahes

NASA Announces Wednesday Media Teleconference About Search For Extraterrestrial Life

www.nasa.gov

WASHINGTON -- NASA will hold a news media teleconference at 1:30 p.m. EDT, Wednesday, April 28, to discuss the status of agency-sponsored astrobiology research, including the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life and the study of how life began on Earth. Topics also will include the quest for evidence of life on Mars, the habitability of other celestial bodies, and future technology research.
(visit the link for the full news article)

day late and a dollar short

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Every so often they will hype up these press conferences, and then all it is is that they have discovered water-again-on the Moon or Marsor that they found these little bacteria things.

If they are going to come clean on ETs it is likely going to involve the President and most likely participation from other countries preceeded by a lot of media preparation for the event.

Otherwise, prepare yourself for the discovery of algae on Mars, water on Phobos, or maybe air on Mars....

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

nope , if you click on the link it tells you what they will talk about.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I hope they disclose something upon this subject. If they do, I have a lot of insulting to do to a lot of people. Up close and personal. Face 2 Face. As in, (Spitting Distance). Man. I'll possibly dedicate the rest of my life to slapping around those who ridiculed people for sightings and abductions. Getting back will be my utmost pleasure. Every. Single. DAY. of it!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumDeath
I hope they disclose something upon this subject. If they do, I have a lot of insulting to do to a lot of people. Up close and personal. Face 2 Face. As in, (Spitting Distance). Man. I'll possibly dedicate the rest of my life to slapping around those who ridiculed people for sightings and abductions. Getting back will be my utmost pleasure. Every. Single. DAY. of it!

I'm with ya. I've never seen anything myself, but I know damn well that ALL of those people aren't lying or crazy.

Not just about saying you've seen a UFO, but some people will actually laugh at you or get uneasy when you just TALK about aliens! Now why is that?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Mind

Originally posted by projectnsearch
What a joke!

We've been working with ET's for over 50 years, have free energy, have super luminal starsthips, bases on the moon and mars, teleportation and NASA is going to tell us how the search for ET life goes. lol More lies.

We should all just laugh and make fun of everything this agency does. They have intentionally held mankind back for decades with their lies. They have literally stolen our future.

peace

wow it sounds like you got proof of all that stuff. If you got proof then show it, if not sit back down.

It seems you have proof that aliens exist. If you got proof then show it, otherwise sit back down. Saying flashy lights in the sky is an alien is far from proof. Most of those are lens reflections or hoaxes.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I'm not really expecting anything earth shattering. Don't you think the president would be making the announcement not NASA.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I don't know if the Kepler probe results are involved in this teleconference... but it would be great to hear that it has found several Earth-similar planets already.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
white house: damn, i think the public are on to something. there are these internet forums that's making a mess, people on there are starting to think. our plan for these site's isn't working out too well.

nasa: what do you want us to do sir.

white house: hmmm, tomorrow i want you guys to pretend like we don't know anything about ET's. matter fact, put on a press conference and pretend you're looking for life, that'll shut some of them up.

nasa: can do.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I like to keep an open mind about such things, but since information has been trickling down to the masses, I have the suspicion that NASA might come out and say that the faint traces of methane detected on Mars are in deed from biological origins and they want more funding.
If one steps back and sees how these morsels of information have been coming out throughout the years, it paints an interesting picture.

Brookings Institute Report April, 18 1961:

Link

Ronald Reagan's United Nations Speech, 42nd General Assembly September 21, 1987:

Link

Dr. Steven Greer's National Press Club Disclosure May 2001:

Link

France opens up UFO files March 2007:

Link

The Vatican's thoughts on extraterrestials November 2009:

Link

British MOD Release of UFO files February 2010:

Link

Well, you get the picture. For certain they will never tell us of what was found on the Moon. Are they preparing us slowly without having to actually show anything in terms of solid proof? Time will tell....

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Kratos40]

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Kratos40]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Makes sense with what Hawkins has said, or typed recently...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
wouldn't this be a hoot
to call this conference
and to have 3-4 NASA Scientists
walk out on the stage in front
of millions of viewers
and then they all 4 morph
into Reptoids and start laughing
and say ya'll were right

I wonder how many would faint??
or just start running away???
Won't happen I know, but
it would be fun to watch, lol

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Unless someone here has actually seen irrefutable proof that aliens exist, then it's not very responsible to post that ALIENS EXIST! For the rational folks, they look like the same people saying that Sasquatch or God exists.

I'm not saying they don't, but I haven't seen them and don't know anyone who does and flashing lights do not equal proof.

Irrefutable = Cannot be disputed or debated.

I think it's likely that there is intelligent life in the universe, but for the same reason that it's possible, I think it's unlikely that it would find us or we, them.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Might just be coincidence but...

More media influence via movies,video games,music and adverts, secret USAF and NASA space ships taking off into space, Stephen Hawking speaking on Aliens, more debate on Phobos being a space station/hollow, Vatican saying they would welcome "cosmic brothers," planet sized objects around the sun, Manned mission to mars by 2030, British UFO service being shut down, Worldwide document disclosure and now this..

Coincidence?
Disclosure by 2012?
False flag alien attack?

Maybe Kepler has discovered more Earth like planets..

Personally my eye is on Mars, Alpha Centauri and Gliese

[edit on 17/05/09 by Raider of Truth]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I seem to recall them doing this before and I anxiously awaited their announcement.

In the end it only amounted to the fact that they discovered water on a moon and they believe that where there is water there is a high probability of life.

I hope they don't pull something like that again.
It was pretty anticlimactic.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
aliens.

life on other planets.

what a bunch of crack pots. Nut jobs. I can't believe these people would risk their reputation openly talking about fantasy things such as UFO's and aliens.

//sarcasm//

just doing my part to make you feel as if the MSM delivered this news to you.

Humans...

Life on other planets

Right now there's probably an ignorant alien species saying the same thing about us. What interests me about humans is the fact that in their own little tiny worlds with their little tiny minds, they think that they have the entire Universe figured out.

By the way network dude...I was just continuing the sarcasm. I know that you meant no harm by your post.

Night night.

Much love to all...

[edit on 27-4-2010 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kratos40
I like to keep an open mind about such things, but since information has been trickling down to the masses, I have the suspicion that NASA might come out and say that the faint traces of methane detected on Mars are in deed from biological origins and they want more funding.

Yes, as I said above I believe something like this is very likely.
When they need funding, we usually get a "life out there" announcement.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
1st the Vatican says there is a posibility of life other than here on earth. Now NASA is coming out with this news release. Whats next? Is the stage being set for something else?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
At best we'll get a short lecture about how the search for alien life is pretty much pointless, but they're just not going to give up, and then go on for 20 minutes longer explaining how unlikely it is.

From there they'll offer a small bit of hope that the possibility exists within the next 50 years they may find the fossil of a single alien microbe somewhere in our solar system, but it will cost 500 billion dollars.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join