It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Opinion: Should We Fear Space Aliens?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
...and once again, fear and paranoia grabs a hold of the ignorant ape.

There is probably only one party that will benefit from spreading stuff like this: the military-industrial complex. Create a threat, even invisible, or non-existent, from outer space.. bang. Another star wars program, and this time against the "aliens".

Even more obvious, if these assumed aliens were actually benevolent and would bring a message of some galactic harmony (i.e.), it would compltetely trash their chokehold on the humanity.

So no, and you shouldn't be afraid of anything at all.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I'm not afraid. I believe another race actually did create us. I also believe there is more than just one other race out there. Not all of them have the same intentions. Some might want to make babies with us, others might want to feed us to their young. We should use caution when making contact, but we should not avoid it completely. I think one major concern I would have is disease. Would they bring death to us all by exposing us to something they have a natural immunity to? Or would we kill them with our germs?

There is much to consider when it comes to contact. I personally would prefer to meet our makers first, then move on to our other intergalactic neighbors.

Peace,
Ventessa

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ventessa
I'm not afraid. I believe another race actually did create us. I also believe there is more than just one other race out there. Not all of them have the same intentions. Some might want to make babies with us, others might want to feed us to their young. We should use caution when making contact, but we should not avoid it completely. I think one major concern I would have is disease. Would they bring death to us all by exposing us to something they have a natural immunity to? Or would we kill them with our germs?

There is much to consider when it comes to contact. I personally would prefer to meet our makers first, then move on to our other intergalactic neighbors.

Peace,
Ventessa

I think one major concern I would have is disease. Would they bring death to us all by exposing us to something they have a natural immunity to? Or would we kill them with our germs?

They already covered that 1 friend. There is a powder like magnetic substance that can be found within CERTAIN PARTICAL EXCELLERATORS, that is believed to be used to prevent such exposure from contact.. Its a biological seperator that prevents and neutralizes germs or sickness CAUSING VIRUS BACTERIA OR NANOS transfer between species. I call it PIXIE DUST LOL

[edit on 4/27/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Well Tinkerbell, since I don't live in fairy la la land, I didn't know they had pixie dust. Thanks for that info though.

P.S. I wasn't being rude. I'm one of those people who likes to kid around... And some people take things in text the wrong way.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Ventessa]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
You all don't get it and there ain't no surprised about it.

Seriously, what is more evil? The fact that alien life is real whether there are some good or bad depending on human perspective, or the fact that this truth about reality was covered up by some power-mongering humans?
Come on, make your pick.
If we were not kept in the dark from the get go, there wouldn't be so much fear and confusion.

It is ironic to see those who fear the superiority of aliens salivating with glee when foreseeing the possibility to colonize other planets.
The hypocrisy uh!?

And then you got the Government-E.t. conspiracy: Either government being control by E.t. or the Government fabricating a false attack with unknown technology to the masses. But nobody is explaining how can the E.ts be hidden in plain sight or how the government will backa false attack afterward with the "alien" evidence.

Bottom line is, it is just the fear factor starting to kick in like the public panic that some have predicted about possible disclosure.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ventessa

Well Tinkerbell, since I don't live in fairy la la land, I didn't know they had pixie dust. Thanks for that info though.

P.S. I wasn't being rude. I'm one of those people who likes to kid around... And some people take things in text the wrong way.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Ventessa]

You are all good friend thats why I called it pixie dust for the smiles instead of TOP SECRET RADIOACTIVE CHEMICAL BIOLOGICAL COMPOUND DESIGNED FOR NEXT WAVE thats sounds to OLD WORLD lol we are good friend and thanks for the laugh

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Here's a link for you to check out on that caps thing.

All Caps

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Yeah I think we should be more then causious. I mean, Alien life is gonna be most likely to be predatoral like us. So its like, yeah you dont shout in the jungle.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
We can’t even live together in harmony on our own little planet, so it is easy to figure it out that at the moment the first contact is made with E.T. IMO Military organization around the world would want to destroy them. I think I am more afraid of our own reaction toward them than their visit to earth itself.

Have you see the movie The day the earth stood still?

[edit on 27-4-2010 by St-Patrick]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join