It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

98 ATS members and Counting...Australia "Out of Place"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I only have a short video to share, there is ignorance and stupidity, like we see in the video.

Then there is this thread and the others like it.

Are people that deluded that instead of admitting that they a wrong or are just purely ignorant, they concoct some theory about a "timeline shift"?

[edit on 28/4/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
i don't know why everyone is so upset that some people remember a different placement for Australia (or anywhere else)...clearly if you remember it as it is represented (or had first hand experience with its current placement) that doesn't prove that people's memories are wrong and they haven't experienced the change they say they have. I remember the same large expanse of ocean surrounding Australia depicted in E. and the "correct" picture, C. looked not just wrong, but wildly wrong. Who cares though, right? Why insist that you are the arbiters of reality? There may be "realities" and they may intersect and combine and who really knows, right?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

very apt .I hope our American friends have seen more of the chaser especially the Bin Laden skit when Pres Bush Jr was in town .Look it up ,They copped a lot of flack over it .Back on track, Australia hasnt moved ,isnt moving and will never move .the English wont let us and the tow rope to New Zealand is holding us back.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Good thread Snowi nice try

Shame the Mods let it become a comedy fest and let people take the piss out of you.

Don't take it to heart some posters have nothing better to then get on the bandwagon and make fun of threads, their like sheep and follow the leader............

I may not agree on your findings .But I have more morals than to make a mocker of you too make myself feel greater.

Good luck with your next thread Mate

Ocker

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I'm positive that New Zealand is in the same place it has always been for the duration of anyone's lifespan that is alive today. The only possible discrepancy could be in the way different maps are visually depicted.

No wonder there are so many con-men out in the world preying on the weak- minded. Some people will believe anything.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by TheComte]

[edit on 28-4-2010 by TheComte]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
The closest example is C.

Always has been and notwithstanding some catastrophic plate tectonics it will remain so for a very long foreseeable future.

I'm in Britain, and in my school days I finished my year 10 Geography examination in the top 2 percentile of the countries results. I also helped a friend to plan a round the world trip which included a 6 month stay in Australia, and a trip over to New Zealand. I can still, from that experience, recite the names of the majority of capitals (including legislative/administrative variations) for the 195 countries of the world (195 is a contentious number depending on Taiwan [Chinese?], Vatican City, Puerto Rico, even England, Wales, Scotland - let's not get into that!).

By the sounds of things I'm on the same time-line as most ATSer's. Perhaps if you had a published Atlas from your previous time-line experience the argument might hold some weight, but unfortunately all of this memory recall is conjecture and can easily be down to 98 folk's just not remembering the map correctly.

Several polls have been conducted in America where over 50% of respondents could not correctly locate some of the states. www.msnbc.msn.com... www.rferl.org/content/article/1068259.html. news.nationalgeographic.com... There are worse stories of people not being able to point to North America on a world map. blogs.news.com.au...

I'm not saying Brits are any smarter, this whole issue to me just highlights the disinterest in Geography, and doesn't point toward a time shift or whatever you're calling it.

Bottom line: it's still where it should be.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Pr0t0]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Perhaps the members claiming Australia was furthe south were looking at a map using different projection. on the maps that have greenland the size of Australia there is much more of a gap. These unfortunately are the maps usually in schools. Equal projection maps show the real distance between Oz and N.Z..

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by antinwochick
reply to post by muzzleflash

yea it looks like c if your looking at new zealand and australia, but then if you check out the top of australia there is no way that it was ever that close to indonesia or papua. totally got me thinking. off to google earth now.

No it is that close.

Real maps prove this.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 27-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

Got to go with you on C, that's for sure. As for living in Ireland, and not being Australian or not paying attention, all I can say is that I did Australia and New Zealand as a special area in A-Level Geography, and as far as I can see it has not moved since the 1960s. (At least no more than the imperceptible plate movement)

Perhaps it is just the Australian's own perceptions of isolation that cause them to think this.

[edit on 28/4/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
To the original poster, again, show the source for the original picture you labeled C since I have a gut feeling that even C is tampered with.

The fact that you won't show us the original source of the picture you claim to be true C makes me think you tampered them all.

GM

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Grey Magic]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
well c is the closest to reality....f'me I cant believe people are still banging on about this....

If you believe it has moved goto the doctors NOW

It hasnt moved in my life time since year 1 at school when we all learned about captain cook and how he 'discovered' Australia. And as it was called van Demans land by the dutch, it also was called great south land of the holy spirit, it has a constellation called the southern cross in our skys and it is a good compass along with a few other stars to find South direction.... Even with out the other stars you could go near on true south by following just the southern cross.

NZ also hasn't moved apart from a few mm every 10years or so....so unless I said that you wouldn't ever pick it from any map ever.

If you insolent people keep asserting that MY country has moved I am going to have a heart attack with pure and utter RAGE!

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Rollo]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Obviously, or at least it should be obvious, it doesn't matter how good you were in geography in school, how connected to the continent you are, or how certain you are that the rest of us are simple fools, it is nonetheless fascinating that some of us remember a different placement. A drastically different placement. It's interesting as hell, and quite different than 50% of some poll not knowing this or that. I wasn't questioned about Australia's placement in a poll! I saw the thread and was quite surprised to find that I was on the "wrong" side of the memory. That's not simply not knowing something, that is remembering it differently and that's interesting! Don't know what it means exactly, but I do know that for someone with a different memory, it is quite strange and maybe you all who don't have this memory could simply recognize that this is not YOUR mystery. How could you even comment, really?
It's a very interesting thing. But not to you. Too bad. Find something else to do maybe?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

You're absolutely right. OP has doctored C as well, moving it overlapping with Papa New Guinea - I mean, sure they're close but what posessed you to overlap them? I glanced earlier but now looking at a blown up image in Photoshop - why would you do that?

Also, on all of the other pictures, besides C, the north east tip, north of Archer River has been cut off entirely - in your recollection OP was this tip never in existence?

I'm sure the folks at Iron Range and Jardine River National Parks would dispute that.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
To the original poster, again, show the source for the original picture you labeled C since I have a gut feeling that even C is tampered with.

The fact that you won't show us the original source of the picture you claim to be true C makes me think you tampered them all.

I think I've found the original map that the OP used. It has not been altered, but it uses a rather strange flatter projection. Also, on closer inspection, I think where ''East Timor'' is written over some of the sea, it gives the slight impression that the top of Northern Territory is closer to the other islands.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Wow first time I'm on ATS today and this thread is still going.

And from reading other members comments it really does look like the Hoax forum seems a much more appropriate fit than the paranormal studies forum.

Any MODS reading.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
wow over 100 ATS members in on a hoax, stupid, or trying to save face by not admitting we are wrong - yeeeaaaaaa, right....

AU and NZ have NOT moved, the maps in our timeline were simply different - and if people would bother reading thru the thread they would see that a few posters from AU and NZ have said things look out of place.

where are the mods anyway? i have counted at least 10 violations so far, i expect 20 more by the end of the day.....

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This is a very serious issue.

The issue is that you are having false memories. The problem lies in when map makers create maps and cannot put the country in the proper place due to space. They put the country closer to other countries and put a box around it to show that it is out of place. That is why when you look at some maps of the US you see Alaska and Hawaii down in the bottom left with a box around it. They aren't really there.

This is an example
MAP OF USA

Here is an example of Austrailia
Australia and New Zealand

I know that the map of Austrailia is just a National Geo map, but there are actual maps that use that technique as well as Geography tests in school

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pr0t0
reply to post by Grey Magic

You're absolutely right. OP has doctored C as well, moving it overlapping with Papa New Guinea - I mean, sure they're close but what posessed you to overlap them? I glanced earlier but now looking at a blown up image in Photoshop - why would you do that?

Also, on all of the other pictures, besides C, the north east tip, north of Archer River has been cut off entirely - in your recollection OP was this tip never in existence?

THIS IS NOT A HOAX...!!!

I have NOT doctored Map C...it's the original and i found it here www.abovetopsecret.com...

I used that map because of the water background was easy to work with.

We are not stupid...we have memories of Australia being in a different place...Now there are 5 Australians on the list.

I removed the North East tip of Australia because i my and others memory it was not there.

Removing the tip without telling you that in the first post where because i wanted to see how many people realized that it actually was gone.

Very few people makes the statement that it's gone so it seems WE have the same memories or faulty memories as some would "like" it to be.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Snowi

As others have said Snowi, just ignore the childish posters. They have nothing better to do than act smart by calling others dumb. It's kind of ironic how they are calling the people that are contemplating a time-shift as closed-minded, isn't it? Nothing like that could ever happen because they know ALL about reality!

Just ignore them and look at some of the more important posts. Such as the one where someone was asking people that have experienced a possible shift to try to find other things that are "out of place." If anyone finds something else out of place let us know!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
just because you think it was in place 'x' in your memory and a minute % of the worlds population are as gullible as you doesn't make you even remotely correct...

Yes you are being foolish, and acting stupidly...which is vastly different than if I said you are an idiot or stupid or a fool...ones an act the other is an insult.

SO close this thread the idiotic nature of some mind bender to save face is appalling....
LOL I might move the mighty USA or what ever country and gather a swag of disciples to try and convince you that I AM RIGHT and you are really a dill because me and 99 mates say so......

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Rollo]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I'll give it a go at trying to explain what Snowi is trying to explain.

1. No one is saying that since time X, Australia has moved north. There is no need to pull out old maps showing its present location or to explain tectonics.

2. If you are one of the people that have no doubts that Australia is as it always has been, that doesn't make you somehow better or smarter (in the context of this thread).

3. If you are one of the people that has a memory of Australia in a different location, that doesn't make you less smart (in the context of this thread).

That being said, there could be a perfectly good explanation for this. The one suggested by most of the Group 2 people is that it's either a faulty memory influenced by bad maps.

IF THAT IS TRUE, there should be example after example of bad maps showing Australia far to the south. Can anyone find one?

No.

Somehow a fair amount of people have the same memory of an out of place Australia with a very similar placement. Shared delusion? Perhaps. But why the same placement and why the shared "bad memory"?

Bonus - If anyone posts anymore "It's always been that way", they are obviously not getting the point.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join