It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

98 ATS members and Counting...Australia "Out of Place"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
This topic is on the verge of insanity if you ask me.

Honestly, people don't even realize how fallible the human mind can be.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Snowi

why have you excluded the claims that NZ is allegedly located to the NW of australia ???? there are several of those on the other thread

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mari4199
The question is though WHY or HOW this "jump" happened. Was there a momentary burp in time? A fracture in the fabric of reality? Or something entirely different.

I asked my self the same thing! The only thing I can think of is what if you died? No one knows what happens when you die, and who knows if you know that you die?

When i was a child I had a 3d globe that spun on an axis which i would study day in and out, by the time i was in third grade i could point to nearly every country except the small ones in eastern europe. How I would remember is by doing a word relation to each country, in which australia was "kangaroos". I also knew every major capital in most countries by the time i was in 5th grade so i for one know my geography was on point, as it was also a subject i liked very much.

My answer is B, and like yourself when i saw the original thread and the google maps representation of australia i was like wow New zealand is far from its home, and australia was never that far north. I guess the world globe and maps that I studied were incorrect, there's absolutely no way that something i looked at nearly everyday is going to be forgotten that easily.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Puresilence

why would the position of newzealand affect the life / death of nelson mandela ?

for all the people who self identify as being open minded and being able to think outside the box - they are showing some pretty limited ideas

i will spell it out again - IF you have multiple dimensions - the " knock on effect " of a seemingly inconsequential act 100s of years ago will have MASSIVE implications later on

take a few hypotheticals - that do have a credible historic basis

1 - col ferguson was a little more ` morrally flexible ` - and had no qualms about shooting fellow officers and gentlemen with a sniper rifle

in case you are wondering - that means that george washington is now a dead martyr of the american revolutionary movement

just think about that - and read the US consitution and bill of rights - it was a joint undertaking by many people - and if washington was absent - it would still have the same general tone - and ideals - but the wording would certainly be different

2 - prince henry [ the future king henry VIII ] was a little bit reckless - and one of his many accidents hunting / jousting ect prooved fatal

the UK might still be a predominantly catholic country - one massive implication of this would be the history of ierland - you could conceably have an alternate timeline where the IRA never existed , there aws no ulster troubles and a united peacfull ierland that would now either be a part of the UK or an independant former collony - now with a similar status to canada

all because one prince died 450 years ago - ps do you know how many royal hiers died before assuming the throne ? what if one had lived ???????

at any point in history - the death of one person - would cause collossal changes

and some of you are playing musical chairs with entire continents - and come up with - nelson mandela is dead

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
speaking of time shifts...

I just lost 5 mins while reading this thread.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
ouch double post...sorry

on a really crappy joke ...i'm such a douche.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by wrathchild]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Dude.

Do you remember how America as a country was exaggerated in size during the cold war - to make it look less insignificant compared to the then U.S.S.R ?

Atlas's are not accurate things.

And nobody used to take us serious.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I came from NZ to Australia in 1984. At that time it Auckland (top of north island) was at a similar latitude to Sydney (NSW).

The linked satelite images seem to confirm this.

www.virtualtripping.com...

cimss.ssec.wisc.edu...

Differing positions may occur on maps depending on the type of map (eg; JNC (jet navigation chart), Mercator).

Apart from that, NZ moved 30cms closer to Australia due to an earthquake or some such thing that occur last year or so (apart from the usual cm movement of all tectonic plates).

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I was one of them, who remebered Australia as example D or E, definitely not that close to other islands. Also I remember NZ to be north side of Australia. I know how tricky human brain and memory can be, so I would´t take this too seriously, but it´s still very interesting, that other people remember the same thing. Actually my mother, who doesn´t use internet, also was quite shocked, when she saw the Australia´s position on map. She´s intelligent person and has always been interested in geography. We live in Nothern Europe.
It´s strange how some people think they know everything and blame those, who have different experience being stupid. I always say, that Universe is so unimaginably big, that we don´t know ANYTHING for sure. What if timelines or parrallel realities are merging together? Or is it something else we don´t know? It´s easy to label all of those people stupid, who remember something differently, but doing this you close endless windows of opportunities for yourself
Btw, my friend, who is mechanical physicist usually sais, that quantum physics is woodoo. He might be right, most modern physics seem crazier than all paranormal themes togehter.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
If anything,

This shows we nee to put more public tax dollars into education....NOW,BEFORE ITS TOO LATE !

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Cygnus_Hunter]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Ok...these days on this site, you have to take alot of threads with a grain or 5 of salt.

But this particular idea, i'd have to take the whole salt shaker.

Are you guys actually serious? Australia and NZ have not moved. The idea is ludicrous. I buy into alot of stuff I shouldn't, but this one...no. I think it is much more releasable to assume that if indeed many of you remember maps where these land masses were, the maps would obviously be misprinted. I'd imagine there was likely a very large manufacturer of maps for sale expressly to schools.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I'm Australian
have to say its C all the others look wrong.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jokei
reply to post by Snowi

Have you got any pictures from satellite photgraphy that might verify this?

Maps, Atlases etc will go through different editions and printing runs that may well account for Australia moving around.

Is this anything to do with Lost nearly finishing?

Does google maps merit any worth?

This topic both scares me (That PEOPLE actually believe it) and makes me laugh (That people actually BELIEVE it)

maps.google.com.au...,168.75&spn=103.011206,270.527344&z=3

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
OK I ignored these topics before, but yes I recall seeing Austrailia appear further away from all those islands etc.

I felt like Austrailia was surrounded by nothing but mostly sea in the middle of nowhere.

But I'm pretty sure that it was just me not paying attention to the surroundings of austrailia.
That's probably the most logical answer here.
Unless someone can convince me otherwise.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Chicks fan !

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I noticed the Tip was gone in all the other pics as well.

Strange isn't it?

They had to get C, the real pic, and butcher it 5 ways to make these other "examples".

It's very bizarre behavior IMO.

They didn't even butcher the maps correctly either...

I know. I can't understand the rationale behind this at all.

I wonder what our Australian and New Zealander contributors make of this all ?

Facepalm comes to mind

No one is even considering the land mass as it originally wasn, new zealand fits snugly to the lower east side of Australia, the islands above fit snugly along the top part of australia (baring coastal areas being lost to the sea to a degree), and yet it's ignored.

One person in one of the original threads said that he even remember new zealand being on the OTHER side of australia.

Criky, who cant use a globe.. lol

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
C is the answer without a doubt, how do i know? Because if it was any of the others then ild have to be sitting in a boat right now. Im a New zealander (kiwi) that lives in north queensland (the top end), c is the correct answer and always has been, i fear you all been fed misled information at school or just wasnt paying attention, the latter im guessing lol

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tearman

Originally posted by invetro
I will say one thing about my geographic memory, I've just found an old school report card, and I can safely say that I failed geography miserably.
That's my personal mystery solved then.
If you had aced all of your geography tests you could still have been mistaken about the positions of AZ and NZ.

WHAT - AZ?

Arizona has moved now?

I knew it was you lot all along, we've stayed still.. everyone else has moved!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by thatscrazy
I always thought that Australia was in no man's land; totally away from any other land mass other than New Zealand, which btw I always thought was NW.

And I did well in geography btw in school

So it was you...

The upsidedown map guy !!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
There you can see
Again a problem that can keep me awake at night

I think it's C.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by peterfromdk]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I always thought that NZ was off the South West coast of OZ but I saw mentioned in the other thread that sometimes peoples memories can have a mirrored perception of things so that was the most logical explanation to me.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join