It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

98 ATS members and Counting...Australia "Out of Place"

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Nice to still see this thread still going .

I think I'm finally starting to understand.
To the people of this timeline , Australia is exactly where it should be. All the maps and Atlas's are accurate, but only in this timeline .
Anybody who thinks Australia has moved , are from another timeline.
Am I correct ?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
It's the height of self delusion for people to assume that rather than just being taught with bad maps or having faulty memories.. that the entire universe must be operating in a seperate timeline.

..because they could not possibly be wrong.

edit on 6-4-2012 by riley because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

It isi not that p[eople don't admit they are wrong, they are just ignorant.
When only 25% of Americans have passports, most of them have no clue where countries are.
And Australia is in Europe and New Zealand is a province of the Netherlands.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sailor Sam
reply to post by riley

It isi not that p[eople don't admit they are wrong, they are just ignorant.
When only 25% of Americans have passports, most of them have no clue where countries are.
And Australia is in Europe and New Zealand is a province of the Netherlands.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble , but ATS is available outside of the US and is followed by some very well educated people from all over the world.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley
It's the height of self delusion for people to assume that rather than just being taught with bad maps or having faulty memories.. that the entire universe must be operating in a seperate timeline.

..because they could not possibly be wrong.

edit on 6-4-2012 by riley because: (no reason given)

Almost as bad as the people who fear the unknown , who will ridicule any idea that may rock their Rosie little world. Wouldn't you agree ?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
We know that maps have always varied in accuracy and it is only very recently that we get a complete and truthful picture of our planet. It was common for maps to have a political bias for the places where a country would be depicted as being larger than it really was while a rival would be smaller. We also know that memories from third grade geography class are not the most reliable.

I'm also not sure how this would "rock my world" unless you mean it literally as such a drastic shift in tectonic plate movement should have had major consequences. For instance the shape of "alternate memory" map of Australia or NZ should have changed.. or perhaps a new island should have formed where plates crashed into eachother.

Does anyone have any more evidence? anything else they remember about this other timeline? Did the Spanish settle Australia instead? The Japanese?

It seems the only difference in this time line is this silly indulgent thread.

edit on 7-4-2012 by riley because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

That is so damn stupid. :shk:

Passports do not equal knowledge learned. America isn't some small pissant european walk-across-the-border country. We are a (nearly) stand alone continent with massive oceans between us and most other countries in the world. It takes MONEY to travel from the USA to cross oceans. MONEY that a lot of people do not have.

What is amazing to me is that people from countries outside the USA sometimes say what Sailor Sam said. Most of them haven't been to the United States and yet they ignorantly claim that you have to travel to a country to know something about it or know where it is on a map. Hypocrisy.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Map C is the closest interpretation.
The Continental plate shift means Australia is moving north toward Indonesia.
New Zealand is moving closer to Australia.
All the Earth is Moving, slowly, some parts quicker than others I presume.
The Tropic of Capricorn runs almost straight thru the middle of Australia, it also crosses the Northern Provences of South Africa, and almost passes directly thru Sao Paulo Brazil.
So that gives you an accurate idea of where Australia is.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Passports do not equal knowledge learned. America isn't some small pissant european walk-across-the-border country. We are a (nearly) stand alone continent with massive oceans between us and most other countries in the world. It takes MONEY to travel from the USA to cross oceans. MONEY that a lot of people do not have.

What is amazing to me is that people from countries outside the USA sometimes say what Sailor Sam said. Most of them haven't been to the United States and yet they ignorantly claim that you have to travel to a country to know something about it or know where it is on a map. Hypocrisy.

It is expensive for the rest of the world too!

Certainly there are a lot of international flights in and out of US. Some being stop overs from one country to another. To travel from Kennedy Airport to Heathrow London, cheap rates around $800 USD - I am sure there are cheaper rates. Significant distance of 5541.32 km

London St Pancras – Brussels Midi/Zuid via Eurostar cost $264 - 608 USD - so no it is not cheap to jump across the boarder to Europe ... Considering it is a mere 362.70 km

USA stats in 2011 state that 109,780,364 American hold valid passports ... Total population in USA 910,720,588 - Source

Travel certainly helps in understanding people from other cultures around the world. Travel can be very rewarding and helps one to improve knowledge and understanding of other cultures.

What books can not teach you .....

Learn more about the diverse world in which you live in.
Challenge yourself in new and different environments.
Increase your knowledge and widen your perspective.
Be inspired by seeing new things and meeting new people.
Feel the buzz from adventure and doing something you’ve never done before.
Disconnect from your regular life and wake up to something new everyday.
Have memories and stories that will stay with you forever.
Marvel at the natural wonders in hidden corners of planet earth.
Learn about different cultures first–hand and experience different ways of life.
Re–charge your batteries doing something refreshing and revitalising.
Broaden your horizons.
Build your confidence and embrace change.

This blog may be of interest to some ...... By Nomadic Matt

Why Americans Don’t Travel Overseas

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Also... Mexico.... Central America, South America...

There are all different countries within Central and South America to visit and they require a passport so there are not "Vast oceans" between the US and every other country.

edit on 7/4/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
There are all different countries within Central and South America to visit and they require a passport so there are not "Vast oceans" between the US and every other country.

There are vast oceans between the US and most of the rest of the world. There are THOUSANDS OF MILES between someone living on the East Coast and Mexico. Thousands of miles between someone living in Texas and going to visit Montreal. AND it takes a whole lotta' money that lots of people don't have.

As I said .. the USA isn't some pissant walk-across-the-border country. And for some people to claim that Americans don't know where Australia is because most don't have passports .. that's insanely absurd.
You don't have to visit a country to learn about it or know where it is.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

As I said .. the USA isn't some pissant walk-across-the-border country.

Nope... but it is some big, brash, arrogant country that views others as "Pissant" countries.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Ok let me start by being honest. I didn't read all 20 something pages of this thread. However I wanted to add my vote to the thought that Australia was much further south, kind of like image E.

I remember having a book, an atlas of a sort, with a bear in a scarf who piloted a little plane... I cannot for the life of me remember what the bear was called or the name of the book. Anyway, I spent a lot of time looking through the book when I was in elementary school. Now this does not mean that I am awesome with geography, in fact quite the contrary. I just remember the Australia thing because it was the one place I always wanted to visit as a child.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
The weirdest part for a LOT of us, and, well, myself, was NOT poor memory or inaccurate old maps... It was google map that changed...

We had been following earthquakes regularly, and there was a big one in indonesia or something, a few years back... I will try to look it up when I have time, and it was diferent on google map.... THAT was where I noticed... I was looking at google map, most of the day before, and woke up hearing about the earthquake, so naturally I wanted to see exactly where on google map, and google map was screwy.... then, a while later this and a few others like it, had shown up... and YES, I had almost thought australia had moved or something from the quake. It was soooooo confusing!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

There are vast oceans between the US and most of the rest of the world. There are THOUSANDS OF MILES between someone living on the East Coast and Mexico. Thousands of miles between someone living in Texas and going to visit Montreal. AND it takes a whole lotta' money that lots of people don't have.

As I said .. the USA isn't some pissant walk-across-the-border country. And for some people to claim that Americans don't know where Australia is because most don't have passports .. that's insanely absurd.
You don't have to visit a country to learn about it or know where it is.

i assume the statement was made because most americans don't care about anyone but america. oh and they are arrogant and think they know everything, while never having set foot outside their super important country.

you aren't helping your case by calling other peoples's countries "pissant". maybe you don't need a passport to learn about another country, but it sure would help, since it would mean maybe people wouldn't think the country moved in some magical way. instead they maybe would realize that they just misremember where the country is,
or they have a bad map.

edit on 22-4-2012 by demongoat because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2012 by demongoat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I want the OP and the other 98 to draw me a map of all fifty united states from memory and tell me if "time has slipped".... or even a good, accurate representation of hawaii and its position in the Pacific.

I guarantee it'll look like "time has slipped" then too.

This is, sorry to say, a case of people not remembering (or ever having ACTUALLY known) where Australia/NZ were on a map and had filled in the gaps, as it were.
The question itself and way its presented pretty much causes people to misremember the geography.
It's all rather misleading, and quite frankly silly.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by demongoat

Please dont try to make an otherwise good point with the "most americans..." line.
I, for one, am sick of the opinions regarding WHO Americans are , what we think and what we do and do not care about that come from people who either don't know Americans or prejudge us.
Don't you see that that attitude and behavior is as bad as any that you think youre calling us out for?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by demongoat

You poor soul . You really haven't got a clue what you are talking about , have you ?
If ignorance is bliss , you must be the happiest person in the world .

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MuchTooSerious

So , it appears we were all wrong ? You come along and point out the 98 have memory failure and that is the answer?
Well, as it happens , you know absolutely nothing . People like you have no idea what reality is and you are too afraid to find out .

Oh bye the way . 98 just became 99

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MuchTooSerious

edit on 21-5-2012 by dawnprince because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join