It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

98 ATS members and Counting...Australia "Out of Place"

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by gandalphthegrey

I wasn't talking about sending code TO entangled particles. I was talking about sending information WITH entangled particles.

And they aren't "programmed" either way. Actually, this shows your lack of understanding of the issue. Their spin states aren't determined UNTIL you measure one of them, and when you do, the other one is also determined INSTANTLY.

Go back and read some books before you use them to support your quackery.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I have a theory.
This is what I honestly think is going on here.
And I have been thinking about it a lot because I don't believe in a time slip, but I do recall Australia being more isolated.

Ok, I would bet this is what is going on here.
Everyone's first impression of the geography concerning continents is in elementary school.
The maps are unlikely to be very detailed (no cities, maybe not even countries in the first courses), and worksheets even less so. That means far from accurate. Also these less detailed early school maps likely didn't show all the islands (could even left them out completely if it was just continents). Finally the map listed on the front page is maybe a little closer than it should be, this looks a little more like what I imagine: upload.wikimedia.org...

Edit to add continent worksheets from elementary school and less compressed map:
www.newton.k12.ma.us...
www.petersmap.com...
1.bp.blogspot.com...
i23.ebayimg.com...

I think image c on the first page of this thread is a little scrunched.
My final opinion is that the drastic difference from our first elementary school impression to this too scrunched up map is playing tricks.

www.childandme.com...

edit on 4-2-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Im having strange hallucinations that there have been aliens moving in to my area, they appear from nowhere, I never went to school with them, and they all just "appeared" within the last few years. I would imagine that aliens with time travel technology could implant themselves in a theoretical past, and assimilate themselves into the present as if they have always been there. Worse than that, I get the idea that they are all preparing for something, some other "jump". I would really appreciate any of the other Aussies here to elaborate on this, as many people I seem to talk to seem to "know".
edit on 4-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
i remember it being E in the middle of no where, why has it moved from E cause thats how i sure remember it on maps and atlas E.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
The real problem is that people are basing their belief that Australia has moved on maps...yes maps produced by people. Lets face it, anyone can make a representation in any way they want on a map! Many of the people who claim Australia has moved have never even been there!

Now, if you were a regular traveller to any these areas and suddenly your direction of travel changed to get to your location, or it took longer or indeed less time to get to your location, then I would imagine you may be confused as to how a 9hr journey suddenly became 6 or 12. Or if you came in by sea and suddenly and island that had never been on your route before suddenly appeared or an island on your route that was there suddenly wasn't! Yes, okay, that would also give reason to think perhaps something had changed about the location of your destination.

But because you remember a map you saw many years ago, now looks different to a map you see now, means absolutely nothing...it's just a map!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Still waiting for an answer from the OP...

There is one very obvious problem with your claim N.Z. was higher up towards the equator than Australia in the past.

Stewart Island has always been very cold and bleak. With penguin colonies and other polar wildlife. Where as Tasmania is sub-tropical. In fact very similar to the top of N.Z.s North Island.

How do you explain this ? Do any of you have "memories" of Stewart Island being sub-tropical. What animals lived there in this alternative timeline. Or let me guess you have a memory blank when it comes to what wildlife belongs where.

OP...... You are a simple troll unless you can give a precise answer.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by destination now
The real problem is that people are basing their belief that Australia has moved on maps...yes maps produced by people. Lets face it, anyone can make a representation in any way they want on a map! Many of the people who claim Australia has moved have never even been there!

Now, if you were a regular traveller to any these areas and suddenly your direction of travel changed to get to your location, or it took longer or indeed less time to get to your location, then I would imagine you may be confused as to how a 9hr journey suddenly became 6 or 12. Or if you came in by sea and suddenly and island that had never been on your route before suddenly appeared or an island on your route that was there suddenly wasn't! Yes, okay, that would also give reason to think perhaps something had changed about the location of your destination.

But because you remember a map you saw many years ago, now looks different to a map you see now, means absolutely nothing...it's just a map!

What if it happens and you just dont hear about it?

There are plenty of forums and websites that discuss people experiencing things like these. Roads being shorter/longer, time going by very quickly(or slowly).

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

Yes, I have read these types of stories and if you read all of my posts on the subject you would see that I do hold some credibilty in some cases, where people have documented their experiences in a non-sensationalist, coherent manner!

Could you please give me some links to people who have posted these types of experiences in relation to the Australia question though...No other links to anything else, just people travelling to Australia and NZ and the anomolies they have encountered that may have lead them to believe that the countries had in fact moved. Thanks

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Snowi

I`m Australian. Have lived in Queensland all my life and it is defiantly c.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandalphthegrey

Originally posted by WideAwakeNow
OMG, Netherlands has arrived in Northern Ireland the east and west pole has collided with Santa. please what are you talking about.

I live in Australia, and trust me the world hasn't changed that much.... in the last 5000 yr s,
and I'm qualified in 16 yr old geography...

You obviously didn't read my post . Your maps and memories are from this timeline , so they will always be correct.
The Australia in our timeline was in a different position .

I know you are confused by this , but there is no need for mockery

Serious Question:
If in your time line Aus and NZ are in a different locations, why and how is you time line mixing with my time line??

Also can anyone tell me what is wrong with this picture bellow from CNN a few days ago?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3a40070fb7b3.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Snowi

Well the sheep on the east coast do seem a little less nervous these days so we may be a little further away from NZ. It could also be argued that the East coast of Australia is making an audacious bid to steal the title of 'Land of the long white cloud' away from NZ. We don't seem to be able to steal back the Bledisloe Cup so anything we can get will do as long as it is not another species of flightless bird and we already have enough weeds so the silver fern can stay where it is.

Unfortunately though, Australia and NZ currently remain in the same location and distance from each other as always. I know this because my mother-in-law is still only a three and half hour flight away so the champagne will have to remain on ice for the moment.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Snowi

People I think this really has a simple answer that doesnt seem to be considered.
It looks different depending on the medium you are viewing it on (globe/paper/globe on angle/online etc) and the perception of the map's viewpoint/angle/curvature:
And I also agree likely peoples lack of geometry.

Exhibit A HERE

Exhibit B HERE

Exhibit C HERE

Exhibit D HERE

edit on 7-2-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

Eh I'm sticking with my above explanation of our first impressions of the continents being of maps and work sheets with very little detail from elementary school. The globe you posted looks to small to even hold all the continents though I'm sure it's the perspective.
See the links on my above post on this page.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by wycky

Also can anyone tell me what is wrong with this picture bellow from CNN a few days ago?

Haha, Tasmania has been labelled 'Queensland'.
Damn time shift, right in front of our eyes...oh wait, it's just bad geography!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

Originally posted by wycky

Haha, Tasmania has been labelled 'Queensland'.
Damn time shift, right in front of our eyes...oh wait, it's just bad geography!

LOL!! That is a typical Queenslanders map of Australia. Ask anyone in Noosa to draw you a map of Oz and thats pretty close to what you will get.

On New Zealand - I have had my suspicions for some time that the entire south Island has moved and now resides in, on and around Western Sydney. The entire population seems to have been employed by Penrith Council.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
That would be the North Island. We (the South Islanders) have tried sending them there for years!
We did well with Sir Jo, but couldn't get Piggy on a plane and now Don Key (uh...John Key...he's an Ass) won't budge. He's a popularist like Pauline Hansen.

Besides Australia 'being out of place' what else is geographically wrong with Australia?

It's above sea level!

Oh, and we shear sheep here, while the Ockers share them.

edit on 7-2-2011 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki
That would be the North Island. We (the South Islanders) have tried sending them there for years!
We did well with Sir Jo, but couldn't get Piggy on a plane and now Don Key (uh...John Key...he's an Ass) won't budge. He's a popularist like Pauline Hansen.

Besides Australia 'being out of place' what else is geographically wrong with Australia?

It's above sea level!

Oh, and we shear sheep here, while the Ockers share them.

edit on 7-2-2011 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

Ha Ha!!. But in Oz we prefer a flock of six sheep whereas in NZ you prefer a flock of sex sheep, or is it sux sheep? guess it depends how cold it is ay bro

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Heh, I should stop...but I presume you misspelled 'flock' to get passed the censors....

Also, say "six" for me, digger!

At least we can joke about this.

It seems some people are serious and in denial (embarrassed?) about their geographic knowledge (and geologic, and natural history and infinitum).
edit on 7-2-2011 by aorAki because: removed reference to underam delivery

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Snowi

Close to C. BTW, I just checked an Atlas I have from Spain which was published in 1979, and Australia looks almost as close as C. There is just a little bit of water between Australia and New Guinea.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

It's an EXTREMELY narrow passage.

It's not really that narrow, the Gibraltar strait is a lot narrower and we get our fleet, and other governments get their fleets going through the Gibraltar strait a lot.
edit on 8-2-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: errors.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join