It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

98 ATS members and Counting...Australia "Out of Place"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Here's a map from 1923

It doesn't look any different to how it is represented now.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Conspiracy Chicks fan !]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Chicks fan !
Here's a map from 1923

It doesn't look any different to how it is represented now.

Great find. Starred.

I think this has been proven beyond any reasonable doubt now.

This is certainly a case of people not being educated about geography and or mis-remembering things inaccurately.

I will say, I do Not feel anyone is purposely hoaxing; it seems more like an honest mistake to me...

[edit on 27-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I noticed the Tip was gone in all the other pics as well.

Strange isn't it?

They had to get C, the real pic, and butcher it 5 ways to make these other "examples".

It's very bizarre behavior IMO.

They didn't even butcher the maps correctly either...

I know. I can't understand the rationale behind this at all.

I wonder what our Australian and New Zealander contributors make of this all ?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I did the Photoshop manipulation on A, B, D and E and also removed the "tip" of North Australia because it was never there before in my memory and some other members memory.

I wanted to see if someone else had a memory of this "tip" being gone.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I would say D

Is there a prize if we're right?

[edit on 27/4/10 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I am an American who has been a long time fan of both Split Enz and Crowded House. When Crowded House released "Together Alone" in 1993, I spent some time looking at maps and at the recording location, which was in Kare-Kare, New Zealand. Still in the same place!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Why are these threads not in the Hoax forum? This is complete and utter nonsense obviously from people who have no basic understanding of Geography.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snowi

I did the Photoshop manipulation on A, B, D and E and also removed the "tip" of North Australia because it was never there before in my memory and some other members memory.

What??

Ok your memory is very inaccurate.

Will you just own up to that please? You remembered wrong?

We have proven it beyond any reasonable doubt. At least 4-5 of us have shown the evidence, even 1920s maps and WW2 maps...

Or are you turning this into a "I was in a different dimension/universe than everyone else"??

If so, than I can see why you put it in paranormal forum hehe.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I will say, I do Not feel anyone is purposely hoaxing; it seems more like an honest mistake to me...

I agree. I'm just trying to understand the rationale behind making an immediate link between ''That's not where I remember Australia/New Zealand on the map'' and ''timeshift change''. So, I'm wondering whether there's anything else that leads people to this conclusion.

Wouldn't older Australians and New Zealanders notice that their position on the map is completely different to how it was represented on maps in their youth ?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
A problem with the 'timeshift change' theory is that time does not actually exist.

Time is a form of measurement, similar to inches, meters, grams, etc.

Do inches exist? Do grams exist? Nope, they are merely forms of measurement of a Concept.

How can time change when it does not exist?

Inches and Grams do not change, they are simply measurements of a Concept (distance or weight).

That is why the time shift theory does not make any sense to me. I believe I have shown that Time is merely a concept rather than an actual physical reality.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

If so then why didn't you mention something about a tip being gone in your opening post?

(right now there is no mention of there being no tip unless it's been suddenly edited)

Surely you would if you (as you say) wanted to see if people remembered it being gone also.

I say this because what you are saying makes no sense.

Also research Australia a little bit more as they all have the tip there and no offence but just because you remembered it not being there doesn’t mean it actually wasn’t.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Snowi

I'd say it has to be C, though I'm a bit hesitant because this map makes it look like Austrailia is crashing in to Paupa New Guinea, I always thought it was just a tad farther from that (guess that's what happens when you put a round Earth on a flat paper though). All I know is that NZ has always been to the South East, here's a good spherical representation:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/847155a21e69.jpg[/atsimg]

The reason so many get it wrong is that human memory is faulty and people, especially Americans like me, tend to disregard geography of countries that they don't live in or go to war with. New Zealand's not exactly threatening to Nuke anyone, no one is in a cold war with them. So Geography classes here in the states breeze over it and don't give it a second thought which leads to many people not knowing where it is. PLUS its in the ocean, its not like its connected or bordering other countries.

There are a great many possible reasons why people get the answer wrong that we must consider before we jump to wild conclusions like timeline shifts and other pseudoscientific OUT THERE explanations.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I don't post much lately, but I just want to say here that I too have noticed that Australia and New Zealand just don't seem to be in the same places that I personally recall. I actually noticed it on my earthquake watch that I use on my iGoogle page, before I read the other thread like this one. The image loads in pieces, and the Australia/New Zealand piece loads last and I remember thinking one day recently that Australia looks weird.. it should be further south from Indonesia.
A few years ago I knew a girl that I would talk to online who lived in New Zealand, and I swear I recall looking up New Zealand's location, thinking of her. I have a picture in my head of it being further north of its current location, sort of at the end tip of Indonesia. I've always done really well in school, geography was one of my best subjects.
So you can add me to the list of people who believe that Australia and New Zealand are not quite where they should be according to memory. 99 people I guess, since I never posed in the last thread.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
this is seriously RETARDED !!! and its telling that alot of U.S americans are involved with this delusion...HOLD ON lets ask an american expert!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

The way i understand it there is a timewave of events. This timewave is based on past world-changing events and predicts future events. It predicts events based on a concept called "novelty." I believe it was McKenna who came up with it, which may make it questionable to some, but nevertheless I find it quite interesting. Check out the following on wiki:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

You must not get it yet so let me explain in plain terms.

The maps in this "timewave" will always be the same as THIS "timewave" hasn't CHANGED. Showing old maps does not prove or disprove ANYTHING.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It's like the old joke that goes:

"You are in denial!"

"No I'm not!"

"See? You're in denial!"

There is no resolution to this circular discussion.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I am just curious about something regarding this...

Are there ANY Australians or Kiwi's that think as the OP does?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Puresilence

You must not get it yet so let me explain in plain terms.

The maps in this "timewave" will always be the same as THIS "timewave" hasn't CHANGED. Showing old maps does not prove or disprove ANYTHING.

I disagree because the whole argument (from a believers side) is based on pictures of Australia and/or New Zealand out of place.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
I am just curious about something regarding this...

Are there ANY Australians or Kiwi's that think as the OP does?

The list now over 100 contains 4 people from Australia

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join