It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

98 ATS members and Counting...Australia "Out of Place"

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse
reply to post by Waiting2

I KNOW Austrailia had the reputation as being SOOOOO far away and isolated, so they sent all the prisoners there.

Does it still have that repution?

Has this changed as well???

No, that part hasn't changed.
That happened in the 1700s according to Wikipedia.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

i don't know if this has been posted

it shows some people will believe any bullsh%$t

some people...

no offense to be taken : )

[edit on 19-7-2010 by 2theC]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 2theC

Brilliant!

And as for the response to waiting2, if you had read the Wikipedia source you would see that Australia was not chosen as a penal colony due to it's isolation and in fact was never chosen to be a penal colony at all, there were many settlers from the British Empire who chose to emigrate to a new life in a new land, much in the same way we colonised America. But like I said the convicts came in handy to build the road/rail infrastructure, so not sure why you just totally agreed with the previous poster's rather ignorant assumption that Australia was the place they sent all the convicts to because it was soooooo(sic) isolated (and said poster has still not answered my previous questions, but meh I give up)

In fact, no matter what other nonsense is posted on this thread relating to people's skewed perception of geography and world events, I won't be posting on it again, because when people are not prepared to listen or accept that they could be wrong, there is no point in trying to have a debate, and believe me I've tried, I am willing to accept I don't know everything, but I do need at least a morsel of fact to back up people's belief, not just "Oh but I KNOW that's what happened etc" but when I press for answers, I am just ignored or called a troll!

But believe me, I wish I could be in a timeshift right now where this ridiculous thread and others like it, would end up in BTS where they belong!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

Exactly. Ignorance and stupidity is drowning this thread. But it really isnt worth arguing with these people. They are always right, you know. Everytime they make a mistake or are wrong, its because they have changed dimensions. Poor things. It must be really confusing, flipping between dimensions and never knowing anything about history or goegraphy. And no, thats not a typo, in my previous dimension, its spelt goegraphy.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Like as I said before in your previous thread about this matter, you need to see a psychiatrist. You're suffering a serious PSYCHOSIS. Perhaps even brain damage ? Australia is where it has always been. New Zealand is the same position today as it ever has been. Continents move due to PLATE TECTONICS, but such movements are over several millions of years. Millimetres per year at the most. Therefore any movement that you percieve, as having occurred during your lifetime, is simply in your head. I diagnose that you're a seriously ill person, suffering dillusions of the SCHIZOPHRENIC kind. Do you suffer any other dillusions ? See a doctor now before it gets any worse.

[edit on 21/7/2010 by CAELENIUM]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mumbotron
reply to post by Mayson

That isn't a theory. It's a hypothesis and a very weak one at best. Holding an incorrect belief for an extended period of time doesn't make it any more true or real. Imagine all of those people who thought the world was flat for their whole lives. Do you think they were from another dimension too?, .... or just ignorant?

Trust me, I definitely vote for misinformed. Ignorant has such negative connotations. However, I have been wrong before.

About the whole theory/hypothesis confusion. I'm aware of the difference, but when in Rome...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Snowi

I responded originally to this posting way long ago. I have since found something that could be considered to help explain what may be going on.

Recently there has been a lot of concern and talk of which plenty of background can be found on You-tube if you're in need of true background and more information. Anyway, recently there has been talk of a theory called "Expanding Earth Theory" and while it is more a long term geological concern, I noted that at present in the Pacific, scientist have lately been monitoring the sea floor and have noted a 13 foot per day rise in the ocean floor.

Under such a long term expansion and rise of the ocean floor, would cause disasters world wide. Anyway the reason I feel that this new theory may have something to do with it, what you and others may be seeing which the government is keeping secret is the fact that the planet is expanding in that region of the Pacific and Australia in such a way that only New Guinea is affected.

I realize this a stretch, but in the overall schema of things, to exclude this possibility is to ignore the possibility that could be perhaps verified by regional and local scientist that specifically test or look for this theory to be valid. If so, it would mean that the islands are moving around each other and while that for the moment is not catastrophic, if the ocean floor collapses or begins to rise to quickly, all that water will cause problems.

Any, I just wanted to throw that possibility in the ring of possibilities.

I follow time shifts anomalies, time travel and so forth and but if we aren't experiencing time shifts then a good fall back could be the expanding earth theory. Just food for thought.

Thanks again.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxBlack
reply to post by Snowi

I responded originally to this posting way long ago. I have since found something that could be considered to help explain what may be going on.

Recently there has been a lot of concern and talk of which plenty of background can be found on You-tube if you're in need of true background and more information. Anyway, recently there has been talk of a theory called "Expanding Earth Theory" and while it is more a long term geological concern, I noted that at present in the Pacific, scientist have lately been monitoring the sea floor and have noted a 13 foot per day rise in the ocean floor.

Under such a long term expansion and rise of the ocean floor, would cause disasters world wide. Anyway the reason I feel that this new theory may have something to do with it, what you and others may be seeing which the government is keeping secret is the fact that the planet is expanding in that region of the Pacific and Australia in such a way that only New Guinea is affected.

I realize this a stretch, but in the overall schema of things, to exclude this possibility is to ignore the possibility that could be perhaps verified by regional and local scientist that specifically test or look for this theory to be valid. If so, it would mean that the islands are moving around each other and while that for the moment is not catastrophic, if the ocean floor collapses or begins to rise to quickly, all that water will cause problems.

Any, I just wanted to throw that possibility in the ring of possibilities.

I follow time shifts anomalies, time travel and so forth and but if we aren't experiencing time shifts then a good fall back could be the expanding earth theory. Just food for thought.

Thanks again.

The problem is that even maps from before show australia in the "position its always been."

It doesnt matter how far back you look, australia looks like it does now. The old australia that we remember does not exist on a map anywhere.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

But you just keep coming back like a moth to a flame......

why is that?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by demonseed

Originally posted by MaxBlack
reply to post by Snowi

The problem is that even maps from before show australia in the "position its always been."

It doesnt matter how far back you look, australia looks like it does now. The old australia that we remember does not exist on a map anywhere.

exactly. NOTHING will have changed in this timeline to people who have allways BEEN in this timeline.

It has only changed for those of us whom have recently joined you.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse

But you just keep coming back like a moth to a flame......

why is that?

I'm interested in getting an answer to my questions but looks like you're not going to give me one, it was a couple of simple questions...

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

To the naysayers, please stop bashing. After all, this thread is in the Paranormal section. Not everyone experiences paranormal activities (or if they do, they just dismiss them as something they probably just imagined).

Look, we're just trying to figure things out here, guys. Naysayers and Negative Nellies, please refer to the rules of conduct on ATS www.abovetopsecret.com...

Demonseed, Snowi, Melissamouse, and others like me who remember a different map...

I posted questions on page 18 that I'll repeat here:

What is it we all have in common?

1. We remember the world map differently.
2. We remember some famous people have already died and are shocked to find they are still alive.
3. We remember some political events differently.
4. We are all on different continents, not just the U.S.
5. We are varying ages and sexes. (I don't know what the youngest age is, though.)
6. Some people close to us act completely different, out of character.

Forget the naysayers and their negative comments. Let's figure out what else we all have in common. Has anyone figured out when this happened exactly? Was it the 90s or more recently than that? (Personally, I had weird things happen to me in 94).

What else do we have in common? Have we all had alien encounters? Do we all have military people in our family tree? Are we all hearing a voice? Do we have unique abilities? I'd be interested to hear what you have to say.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by Waiting2]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by destination now
reply to post by 2theC

Brilliant!

And as for the response to waiting2, if you had read the Wikipedia source you would see that Australia was not chosen as a penal colony due to it's isolation and in fact was never chosen to be a penal colony at all, there were many settlers from the British Empire who chose to emigrate to a new life in a new land, much in the same way we colonised America. But like I said the convicts came in handy to build the road/rail infrastructure, so not sure why you just totally agreed with the previous poster's rather ignorant assumption that Australia was the place they sent all the convicts to because it was soooooo(sic) isolated (and said poster has still not answered my previous questions, but meh I give up)

I grew up hearing the penal colony story, myself. Honestly we did not cover Australia's history or development in depth. We skimmed over it and I do definitely remember the teacher talking about Australia's history as a penal colony. I'm not saying I wasn't grossly misinformed by a shockingly ignorant teacher. I'm just putting it out there that this is what I was told in school. It's possible that others have been fed the same misinformation in their schools. Just be aware this misconception about Australia's history is definitely out there.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by SheeplFlavoredAgain]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Waiting2

Err I think Demonseed is on your side and sorry I disagree, I don't think this is a paranormal subject, it's an offshoot from a potential paranormal topic, that has been thoroughly debunked,(the moving of Australia, not that timelines may alter, though not to the point that the observer of such an alleged shift, remembers people who have died and than suddenly after a new shift have not!) so please don't quote ATS terms and conditions at me, and I don't see any mods censoring me either, so I must be well within the bounds of those and remember ATS is all about questioning things and that is all I have ever done and you seem to be referring to approximately 3 posters opinions, so does that mean that the other several thousand are supposed to just take your word as gospel without questioning.

Another ATS rule, in fact its founding principle - Deny Ignorance! Please abide by it, threads are not created for the sole purpose of a few people to spout whatever they want without being challenged and when they are, to accuse the challengers of breaking terms and conditions, you can't just have your own club where you all sit and agree about preposterous assumptions, that are, frankly quite ridiculous and offensive to a large number of posters!

[edit on 23-7-2010 by destination now]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

No problem, at least you accept that you were probably misinformed, hopefully you have a better idea of the history now! That's the good thing about ATS, we can all learn something new every day, and that is a wonderful thing, no matter what our perceptions were before, at least if we are prepared to learn rather than just continue on with skewed perceptions, we may have some hope!

Though I'm sorry, after looking at all the info on this thread, researching it, using my own memory and that of others, I do not think that a timeshift scenario has occurred where Australia and New Zealand have moved and Nelson Mandela was assassinated and then came back to life!

peace

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I'm interested in getting an answer to my questions but looks like you're not going to give me one, it was a couple of simple questions...

Ask away, I don't have time to go all through the thread again.

And this has in now way been debunked..... not in the slightest.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

reply to post by mellisamouse

Well no-one in my "timeline" thinks this, so could we have some more facts as you see it please, like for example the date you heard the news, the tv channel, internet site you heard the information on, the newspaper you read etc the actual number of your friends or associates that believe this (it would be great if you could convince them to come onto ATS and corroborate this)

Nelson Mandela has always been alive in my timeline and I remember events like his 70th birthday event in 1988 where Artists Against Apartheid got to together for a tribute and where the legendary "Free Nelson Mandela" was performed, of course Amy Winehouse managed to trump that in 2008 at Nelson's 90th by changing the lyrics to "Free Blakey my fella" in reference to her then jailed husband!

I also remember him being freed in 1990 and although he was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2001 he is still very much alive. One of his sons died though in 2005 but he wasn't killed he died of an aids/hiv related illness.

So as I have provided evidence of his continued life, I would appreciate it if you could give me some solid evidence of why you think he died.

Thanks

Ok here they are again!

Edit to say and the question of Nelson Mandela being assassinated has indeed been debunked (along with the moving of Australia/New Zealand)

[edit on 23-7-2010 by destination now]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
This has to be one of the most confusing threads I've seen in awhile.

On the subject of australia. When I first came into this thread a couple months ago when it first popped up it felt kindof weird. Like I took a moment to find the real spot of Australia and found it was much closer than I thought. I used to play alot of Risk and I always thought it was much further south than it actually is.
Edit: Looking at it again it seems to be where I remember it. Nvm

Not saying there was a timeline shift, just adding to this thread I guess.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Judohawk]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

It was around 1986 I think. I was in grade 8, so it would have been on channel 13, because we only had 13 channels in our town way back then.

Of course there would be no evidence of this in OUR timeline, except for other people rembering.

As for Patrick Swayze, he died last september 2009, and then again just around the same time as Micheal Jackson, a few months before that I think it was, mabey he is alive again, not sure.

Micheal J fox was mid 2007 I think, but I think he is alive here.

That guy Vern, also died around the same time as Micheal J Fox, but may be alive again.

There are many, many more, Ed MacMahon has died at least 3 times now, pretty sure he is still dead in this timeline.

So NO eveidence in THIS timeline, just need to see if others rember the same dates.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

Hmm... I wonder whats more likely; you simply having distorted memories of events and stories that you may have seen/heard -- due to the fact that you weren't paying very close attention at the time -- or that your moving in and out of different timelines!

Just be honest with yourself for crying out loud. You really don't need to make-believe in these silly stories just to feel like your special or that this world is special. Be honest with yourself, be active in actually seeking out and seeing the real, genuine, undistorted truth; and you will find that this universe can be unbelievably special without the need for fabricating yourself into crazy delusions.

I'm genuinely trying to help you... at some point in our lives we all come to this very same realization. Unfortunately for many, this realization comes too late, with much of their life wasted in chasing dishonest dreams that will never be realized. Don't make the same mistake.

The truth will set you free. Not lies, fabrication, or ignorance -- but the truth.

[edit on 24/7/10 by Navieko]

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join