It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry revealed (part one)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DondeEsta?
reply to post by dontreally

Sorry about the misrepresentation of the mayan calender, and upon further reading found that the start day for their long count calendar was around 3100 bce; not that it was created in that time frame. That was an interesting suggestion regarding the ten commandments and the native americans, not something I have run into before. Thanks for explaining your perspective and opening some new doors!

youre very welcome!

I never knew about this till i read it about a month ago. I did a little more research and it really is amazing the connection between the Jews and the natives. Beyond the obvious similarities, ie; both have been cruelly treated by christendom, both have a history and philosophy of pacifism, but also, theres so much more that unites the Jews and the natives.

Ive always been fond of native american culture and spirituality. Im speaking mainly of NORTH american natives. I notice the more south you go the more primitive and dark their philosophy and spiritual practices become. Dont know why that it is. I guess its the harsh physical conditions (rainforest and all) that they have to cope with. Makes them have to embrace a darker more typhonic attitude.

Though, i can still agree that the Mayans had a tremendous knowledge of astronomy, and i assume astrology aswell. Weird thing is, is the heavens more visible in the yucatan than in the middle east? ive always thought north africa and the middle east were the best areas to view the heavens, everything appears clearer and larger due to the dry atmosphere. Which is why the chaldeans were considered the greatest stargazer, and why its said the zodiac originated in Sumer.

Itd be interesting seeing how exactly the mayans, aztec and inca were related to the old world, and how much they recieved or even if there was continuous contact between them and the west. It definitely appears that with the olmec there was tremendous influence from a nubian looking people. Maybe from a west african kingdom, or a phoenician/egyptian influence. some of the statues of the olmecs look negro, while others have a middle easter appearance. The Omlecs flourished around 1500 BCE - 400 BCE and theyre considered the first native american kingdom. Considering Africa to south america is the closest route between the old and new world, and the south atlantic current would bring one from the west africa to the yucatan region, its definitely plausible there could have been a tranference in knowledge and good between the americas and africa/middleast. "They came before columbus" is an interesting book on the subject. It explores the relationship black africa had with the early olmec civilization.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I think that what you're describing is not so much Freemasonry as it is Illuminati occultism in general.

The Freemasons don't believe in the same God that the Christians worship. Instead, they believe that the male sexual impulse literally makes the world go 'round. They also believe that the male-female sexual union leads to the creation of a "perfected man," who will "arouse" to godhood (which they usually symbolize using the pentagram that also represents Lucifer, as well as the square-and-compasses). The process has been referred to by authors as "god-making,"

High-level Freemasons who believe that they will soon become perfected men sincerely believe that they are gods on earth. All of the charities, etc. are, to them, a way of answering the prayers of the helpless "profane" fools who still are only driven by their "passions." The only way for such people to escape their condition is by subduing such passions using the knowledge that the Freemasons keep secret.

There are elitists who are Freemasons, and elitists who oppose Freemasonry (such as the American religious right, atheists and ex-members). As a group, they take no unified stance on anything outside of their secrets, so they can be rightfully called a secret society.

Some of the earliest religions were practiced by agrarians who prayed for a favorable harvest. They worshiped the physical sun, moon and stars, and performed "fertility" rituals in order to get some rain for their crops. Some of these fertility rituals involved having sex in the fields. Yet more rituals were developed in order to formalize the fertility rituals. In order to appease the elders who could not have sex, substitutes were created, including animal and human blood sacrifice.

Some anthropologists claim that there were even earlier religions practiced by paleolithic hunter-gatherers who wished to find good game during their hunts.

The Freemasons don't believe in a messiah in the same way as the Abrahamic faiths. They believe that they themselves serve the role of Jesus Christ, who is simply a symbol of older gods such as Adonai, Krishna and Zoroaster. Protestants tell you to live "Christ-like" or "as Christ" because English Freemasons have infiltrated the Protestant Church.

The Freemasons engage in dishonest behavior. However, I doubt that they as a group have a role in creating FEMA camps and such.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

And of course, you have evidence to back up your assertions?

Freemasonry is compatible with all rational people who exercise a moral Faith. I am a Christian and a Freemason, and you cannot tell me otherwise as my relationship with God lies in my heart. No man can ever say different. We don't believe in sexual rites or have ceremonies involving sex.

As for the pentagram, you realize that the early Church used the upside down star before changing over to the cross right? We've also extensively discussed how Lucifer doesn't equal Satan, they are two separate beings; one being a disgraced Babylonian King and the other a fallen angel.

What do you consider high-level? And what is your thought on the York Rite and its numerous appendant bodies and degrees (which do outnumber the Scottish Rite...easily)? Or the fact that it was York Rite Masons that started the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite in America? Or that you used to have to be in the Scottish Rite or York Rite to join the Shriners (but not anymore)?

Freemasonry as a group doesn't hold any religion above another, nor do we believe ourselves to be Messiahs or Saviors. The individual member may, depending on his faith, worship the Risen Christ. I do and those belonging to the Christian Orders do as well.

What dishonest behavior as a whole do we engage in? I would like evidence and examples please.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by KSigMason]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

So Mote it be, brother very interesting about the Scottish and York rite, I am niether at this moment I have always been interested in the York rite although I dont think there are any members that I know of in my lodge. I do have my petition in for the Scottish Rite that I will be joining at the reunion in Novemeber.

Although also at this point in my life I dont think I could I could balance God, family, and work. By joiing everything under the sun. I love the blue lodge, and will also I am sure enjoy the Scottish Rite.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

And of course, you have evidence to back up your assertions?

This is stuff I picked up in my studies. I'm sure you understand.

Freemasonry is compatible with all rational people who exercise a moral Faith.

English "regular" Freemasonry is not compatible with atheism or agnosticism.

I am a Christian and a Freemason, and you cannot tell me otherwise as my relationship with God lies in my heart. No man can ever say different. We don't believe in sexual rites or have ceremonies involving sex.

The rituals contain sexual symbols. The square and compasses is one example.

As for the pentagram, you realize that the early Church used the upside down star before changing over to the cross right?

So that makes it no longer a Christian symbol. Ya gotta adjust, you know.

We've also extensively discussed how Lucifer doesn't equal Satan, they are two separate beings; one being a disgraced Babylonian King and the other a fallen angel.

Go ahead and read past Isaiah 14:12

What do you consider high-level? And what is your thought on the York Rite and its numerous appendant bodies and degrees (which do outnumber the Scottish Rite...easily)?

The degrees may outnumber the 29 degrees of the Scottish Rite, but what is the number of people who have taken the Scottish Rite?

Or the fact that it was York Rite Masons that started the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite in America? Or that you used to have to be in the Scottish Rite or York Rite to join the Shriners (but not anymore)?

So what?

Freemasonry as a group doesn't hold any religion above another, nor do we believe ourselves to be Messiahs or Saviors. The individual member may, depending on his faith, worship the Risen Christ. I do and those belonging to the Christian Orders do as well.

This is not good news to Christians, Jews and Muslims, who each believe that they practice the one true faith.
Where does Freemasonry get its authority to council on religious matters, especially since religion is barred from discussion?

What dishonest behavior as a whole do we engage in? I would like evidence and examples please.

In ATS you can see admissions that the Masons are keeping secrets. On Wikipedia, only Freemasons are allowed to edit the article on "Masonic Conspiracy Theories"

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by humbleseeker

Are you a Freemasonry supporter who knows nothing about Freemasonry?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

That's too bad you don't have any Lodge members in the York Rite, its a fascinating body. I had planned on joining the Scottish Rite in Idaho this last May, but I had a conflict with work and so it will have to wait til next year.

So you won't post your evidence?

Atheism and agnosticism are not faiths in a Supreme Deity.

That is your interpretation of them, but that's not their meaning.

Go ahead and read before Isaiah 14:12

Isaiah 14:4-6

That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!

The LORD hath broken the staff of the wicked, and the sceptre of the rulers.

He who smote the people in wrath with a continual stroke, he that ruled the nations in anger, is persecuted, and none hindereth.

The verses after the 12th one talk about arrogance leading to his downfall. As well as talking about the downfall and destruction of his family and lineage.

I don't know how many Scottish Rite Masons there are. I believe they do outnumber the York Rite, but that is because they have less stringent requirements than the York Rite. Do you know how many there are?

This is not good news to Christians, Jews and Muslims, who each believe that they practice the one true faith.

That's why religion and politics are not allowed to be discussed within the Lodge as it could cause discord among the Brethren. Freemasonry doesn't council on religious matters.

Keeping secrets isn't evil. And how do you know only Masons are allowed to edit articles?

No, he's a Mason.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by KSigMason]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I am a Freemason, Yes I know little about the craft, it would take several lifetimes to learn everything.

Are you just a Freemasonry hater, that spouts his mouth pf and removes all doubt?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

edit on 11-9-2010 by vcwxvwligen because: double post

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

So you won't post your evidence?

Why don't you contribute to the discussion?

Atheism and agnosticism are not faiths in a Supreme Deity.

Are atheists and agnostics any less intelligent and less capable of engaging in philosophical discussion than anyone else?

That is your interpretation of them, but that's not their meaning.

That's the interpretation of many people.

Go ahead and read before Isaiah 14:12

Why won't you read past it?

I don't know how many Scottish Rite Masons there are. I believe they do outnumber the York Rite, but that is because they have less stringent requirements than the York Rite. Do you know how many there are?

That fact that you confirmed that there are more Scottish Rite Masons is probably sufficient. I've read estimates that 44% of all Freemasons are in the Scottish Rite.

Freemasonry doesn't council on religious matters.

Really? So what does the GAOTU represent?
Lemme guess, areligious morality?

Keeping secrets isn't evil. And how do you know only Masons are allowed to edit articles?

According to the Bible, keeping secrets is evil.
The Freemasons on Wikipedia automagically revert all edits to the article made by non-Masons and they team up to barricade any discussion involving non-Masons.

No, he's a Mason.

He just said that he will be joining in November

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I'll give you a few more years...

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Good day, ladies and gentlemen...

This thread is about Freemasonry revealed...not about each other. Whether mason, or non-mason, staff has noticed a tendency toward personalities being the subject, and not Freemasonry.

In short? Comment upon Freemasonry in general, not individuals posting in the thread.

Thank you, and on to the discussion.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Thanks I appreciate that I am a Master Mason, and member of my local blue lodge. I am going to be joining the Scottish Rite in November.

Becoming Freemason was a great thing that I chose to do. I hope to spend the rest of my life, learning and revealing more about the craft to myself, and help build myself and others.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
To the OP:

I'm not a Mason. So I'm not bound by any secrecy or oath.
I am a Satanist, a theistic one.
I'm not going to correct you about apotheosis, because I think that's the greatest thank you a being can give to its creators. But I do want to point out that you have your Satans all lumped into one, and that's incorrect. It's complex, but I'm gonna break it down for you a little bit, bro:

Lucifer = Christ, Horus, Marduk, Michael.
The Serpent = John the Baptist, Thoth/Anubis, Ningishzidda, Gabriel.

Now re-read the NT and the Gnostic scriptures with that in mind, and take your eyes off Paul.
Then you might start to get it.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
hey jesus saves!!!!

massive fail!!! Star Wars was based on Taoism and the I-Ching NOT western religions. The force is all about Chi or Prana. the story of Darth Vader was influenced by a famous chinese villain from the Ming dynasty known as Pak Mei (White Eyebrow) he was a Shaolin monk who embraced the dark side too much, went corrupt and turned on his monks brothers (murdered a bunch of them and wrecked the shaolin temple on behalf of the emperor and his top general-sounds an ass load lot like star wars 3 to me) Bak Mei went over to the Omie taoist temple and went on to explore the darker sides of taoist alchemy creating a "unbeatable" fighting style (sounds a lot like the relationship between the jedi and the sith) to shaolin bak mei is an anathema.

george lucus had no western religious bent to any of his movies sorry.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

I've contributed plenty to the discussion. Why are you avoiding answering me? Why won't you post your sources?

I never said they were any less intelligent. You must have a belief in a higher power to join the Masons, its pretty simple.

Just because several people interpret it doesn't mean its right.

Where did you read that estimate? I'm not saying its right or wrong, but I'd like to read the article.

GAOTU is an acronym for Grand Architect of the Universe which is used as a generic term for a higher power. As we have men from different Faiths we use a term such as this so as not to hold one faith/sect above another. Holding one faith above another would cause discord and stop the peace among the Brethren. Religious tolerance, I know, its a crazy concept to many. But using GAOTU doesn't mean they are interfering with religious matters.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
www.iscariots.com...

The masonry has been given - fairly or not- the reputation of being behind many wars, political strikes, revolutions, economical crisis etc. As we know, conspiracy theories come to fill the empty spaces left by the lack of proof to explain different types of phenomenon. So, as time went on, conspiracy literature has reached new selling heights to the happiness of editors and authors of such books. But this doesn't mean that behind all the theories there isn't any truth at all.

www.iscariots.com...

Being an organization hidden from the public eyes and with members recruited mostly from the wealthy layers of society it doesn't come as a surprise that some masons were famous political, cultural, social or economical figures. There are several known personalities that the large public knows but has no idea they are members of the masonry. More to it, some figures have received some negative popularity since it was found out they were members of a secret society.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Yes, it does say in the Bible that keeping secrets is evil. Yet, early Christians did it. They used secret signs and hand signals to recognise each other. The Vatican keeps thousands of secrets behind closed doors.
Many books were omitted from the current Bible and are kept behind lock and key.
Seems to me that the Vatican and FM have a lot in common.

No, I am not a Christian and yes I do believe in God.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher

Yes, it does say in the Bible that keeping secrets is evil.

Where exactly does it say that? My Bible says:

A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter. (Proverbs 11:13)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I have spoken with a Freemason, and he said that when he joined these people knew everything about him. Every secret, and he did not know how they knew, but they did know.

Now; if I look at a quote made by one of these masons.

1) The right to keep private that which is private. Masons have suffered persecution (and continue to do so... the Grand Lodge of Iran in Exile meets in Massachusetts because it can't meet in Iran) simply because they believe free men should be able to meet behind closed doors and conduct their business in private. They have held their doors closed against the might of presidents, kings, popes, and every other form of power known on earth simply because they believe it is their right.

If masons have a right to keep private that which is private, why would they impinge on the privacy of others? Isn't that something you would call hypocrisy? Now masons may have been persecuted in the past, however in present times, Freemasons are now in the most powerful positions ever in our history.

Freemasons are bankers, politicians, and police commissioners. Now why would a Freemason need to keep what they do a secret? Bankers control countries do they not? In this regard, they control the military the police and are trying to control every citizen under them.

Why is it that Freemasons are so secretive about their beliefs, yet Christianity is so open about theirs?

Generally from what I have found is that, secret societies are generally hiding something evil. And the bigger the organization is, and still holds secrets, means that the evil is probably, extremely evil.

See I've heard stories of Biker gangs which deal drugs, run prostitution rackets, murder people to protect their business. And then in the public light, they contribute to charity, go to childrens hospitals and give them all, cuddly teddy bears. And they are a secret society.

Now the Illuminati are the biggest secret society, and they have the greatest respect for masons. So I just have to wonder. What are you guys hiding?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join