It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Meal toys could be banned in Santa Clara County

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Americans are not getting any healthier as they age. . .

Then let them die..

I don't need the government to tell me that a grease soaked, calorie infested, genetically enhanced cow burger is bad for me. If I eat them and continue to eat them, then I will more than likely get fat and then die.

My choice though.. same reason I didn't support the government health care bill.. I'm not gonna pay for someone else's poor decision, but I'm also not going to tell them that they can't make that decision..

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MissysWorld

Exactly.. What we have here is a government gone power mad. They decide what is best for us and ban everything else, regardless of whether we are smart enough to choose for ourselves. What is next they ban amusement parks because rolller costers put a little stain on your spine?

More and more I come to believe that most government officials were parented by control freaks that let them do nothing. So to feel better about themselves they are going to make it to where we all live in an air filtered, padded hamster hamster ball that will keep us safe from ourselves.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by BoneyMaroney]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Actually under the health care mandate the government pretty much can do as they wish to ensure that America is not only getting treated for diseases and given the necessary drugs for treatment but also monitor what we eat, drink and consume.

Welcome to the new American, we are not necessarily going to be healthier but by God we will be treated and drug to death.

Then the next step is going to be mandatory death insurance after all everybody have to die one day and it will become a burden for the government when people can not afford to bury their death as has been going on in many counties in the nation.

And not this is not a joke, is reality, now what are you going to do about it

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Well, seeing as the government wants to run the healthcare, they also want to drive the costs down.

This will give them even more incentive to do so.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Actually if anyone has raised a child or even just people watched when at Mickey D's, usually when a kid solely wants the toy the kids rarely eat 1/2 of the food in the Happy Meal. Parents usually have to take the toy away until the kid eats a decent amount. People who think these things up are under the assumption that parent's let thier kids eat a Happy Meal EVERYday. The bulk of parents use Mickey D's as a treat once in a while, so the basis of the logic is totally flawed. Just another case of people without children attempting to raise other people's kids. I wish I could go back in time and surgically remove Mrs. Clinton's tongue before she said "It takes a village.."

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

You are right about that. They will use healthcare "reform" as a way to say they should control what we consume and how we consume it. Before long they will ban sex, because it raises our heart beat.

What am I going to do about it? Well I am going to sit back and watch them give amnesty to the ILLEGALS, then I am going to watch them pass cap and trade, which will raise our cost of energy astronmically. Then when everybody has had enough and decides to put an end to this mess I will gladly join the party.

I think you call it giving someone enough rope to hang themselves.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

Yeah what Mrs. Clinton seems unable to understand is that it wouldn't take a damn village if the parents would just do their job right and show a bit of personal responsibility. I say that if it takes a village to raise your kid then you suck as a parent.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
it doesn't matter what toy is at mickie dee's...it's about saying NO to your kids...grow up and act like parents...your not their buddies, you are there to provide leadership out of the state of ignorant childhood...if they don't like it...tough.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BoneyMaroney
reply to post by kulbrz

If you give your kid under 3 a toy they can choke on you are an idiot. If you kid is over 3 and chokes to death on a happy meal toy, that is natural selection in action.

Why do we feel the need to limit the choices of 97% of the population, based on the mental limits of the three percent that would play kick ball on a busy freeway?

Considering how huge McDonald's is, that 3% does need guidance. Sorry, but even eating there at all, means quite a few folks need quidance. Not only do children only want to eat there for the happy meals, it gives the parents an excuse for having to go there and eat the crap, also! How many blocks or streets can you pass in your own neighborhood where there isn't a McDonald's? Get real! McDonald's should be limited to how they entice customers into the establishment. They have to bribe even children who know the food is crap, to eat there!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Seriously? So I need to have my freedoms and choices limited because 3% of the population are idiots?

You act if children are the ones in control. If you are a parent and you don't want yourself of your kids to eat McDonalds then you tell them NO. It is your responsibility as a parent and a human to make good choices for yourself and your family. You make it sound as if people are somehow forced to go to McDonalds because there is one on every corner.

There is one on every corner because people chose to go there. Isn't that our right as free people to choose what we want as long as it doesn't harm anyone but ourselves?

Are you so weak minded that everytime you see a McDonalds commercial or drive by one that you fall into a trance and become a Zombie who must eat McDonalds. If you answer yes, you might be part of the 3%.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BoneyMaroney

Are you so weak minded that everytime you see a McDonalds commercial or drive by one that you fall into a trance and become a Zombie who must eat McDonalds. If you answer yes, you might be part of the 3%.

You see, there must be more than 3% of people who are the problem, or there would not be a McDonald's on every corner. There are some people who eat there, 3 times a day.

If it is any of your business, my 4 children ate at McDonalds possibly 6 times before they reached the age of 18, and I was considered a mean parent for not treating my children to that type of food. Being a single parent who sometimes worked 2 jobs, I still put a home cooked me on the table for supper nearly every evening, even if it ended up being on the late side.
So, there you go, I did say NO to my children.

Not everyone, is super intelligent like you propose yourself to be, but, it has nothing to do with being intelligent, and putting people down. It has to do with learning about making the right descisions in regards to what you put in your body. Some people are just too lazy, or they don't care.

With all that said, it doesn't matter to me if 3% of the population cause the toys not to be put in meals. I never purchased happy meals for my kids anyway, even the few times we did go to McDonald's. Not having the toys in the meals would not bother me in the least.

One other thing....McDonald's has not always offered happy meals anyway, and they managed to grow to huge proportions even before they did.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join