It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Better than Hallelujah

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I just heard this song today and I've never listened to a song more down to earth about God's true nature. For the last 40 years, I can attest to words to this song but, there's just not enough web space to paste it all here.. seriously. I put this in this forum because of all the slams against God and why did God let this happen and why does God let that happen etc, etc..

but the answer is closer than you think, it's on your very lips. God enjoys the Hallelujah's but what he's really interested in is..

that thing in your heart that we refuse to let go, or let out and close ourselves in our closets and truly have a 1-on-1 with God the Father. Are you mad at God for not fixing your situation?? I was, and at times I am. but..

I've heard it best from a close friend of mine that heard a woman's testimony after her daughter had passed away from a car wreck. Hours after she got home, she sat in her parking lot and started to cry but then her tears turned to anger and she started cussing God and calling him everything in the book, so much so that it would have made a sailor blush.. after 15-20 mins of cursing God alone in the car through tears of anger and rage, a voice said out of thin air..

"that's the first time you've really spoken to me"...

I'm sorry can't remember the woman's name but.. this song really drives home what 90% of us miss ...turning to God and telling him what hurts us the most, or even the smallest hurt.

The song is sung by my favorite Female Artist, Amy Grant... do yourself a favor, tell God what's in your heart in earnest, if you don't get an answer, it's because he's still listening to the melody of ..... you.

My heart goes out to all those mentioned in this video..

Link to YT isn't working .. here's a favorite link to the same song..

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Komodo]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Oh brother.

Of course a voice appeared out of nowhere and talked to her. I've had my life torn up and turned into a torture circus, and NO amount of crying, pleading, screaming or yelling got me so much as a "F.U." I believe that about as much as I believe I'll walk out the mailbox and find a check for thousands- or a meteorite gouging a crater in my front yard in the next 5 minutes.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
Oh brother.

Of course a voice appeared out of nowhere and talked to her. I've had my life torn up and turned into a torture circus, and NO amount of crying, pleading, screaming or yelling got me so much as a "F.U." I believe that about as much as I believe I'll walk out the mailbox and find a check for thousands- or a meteorite gouging a crater in my front yard in the next 5 minutes.

yea.. I musta been in the chair next to ya in same the torture circus. did you watch the video?

I can personally attest to 40 years to this 'phenomena' of God listening and answering to the cries of the heart, the fastest answers come when tears are shed, which in my opinion reveals the most earnest a human can express their emotions at once. Do I get answers 30 secs after I pray? No, some aren't even answered.. but.. I know God is listening..

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
That was a great video with alot of meaning , I enjoyed it very much so thanks for bringing that to our attention ..

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

How do we know this isn't just another proselytizing thread, designed to rake in the suckers who want to believe? I tried that. I TRIED to believe- and I got a damned good shock as to what the Christian 'faith' is REALLY like. There's no God, no Jesus, No Nothing. Just a bunch of rich well off people making up stories to drag the poor in and take what little they have.

I have seen nothing but incredible amounts of disappointment, hurt, lies, thievery... No amount of feel good videos, fairy tales or someone else's personal 'experiences' is going to fix the hell I have been thru, and remain in- 'cause I know better than to believe some magic invisible person in the sky is gonna make it all better after I handle over what little I *do* have to some rich people who should be handing ME $$, at the *very* least.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by wylekat]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I tried that. I TRIED to believe- and I got a damned good shock as to what the Christian 'faith' is REALLY like. There's no God, no Jesus, No Nothing.

I'm sorry to report that you didn't get what Christian faith is like if you believe there is no God, no Jesus. Why did you give up trying? You're not the only one who has a slice of Hell. Sure we could sit here and compare our experiences with depression, suicide, Satanism, and just plain getting treated like dirt digested by worms, but that doesn't really get us anywhere. If you'd like to try again sometime, I'd be glad to help.

Regarding the song, I'm more of an industrial techno fan like Ever and Tom Crowder Remixed: www.youtube.com... but good message nevertheless. Songs take on a whole new dimension with meaningful lyrics.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Ok then, you're in the spotlight: Explain White, Caucasian Jesus to me- Why do ALL Christians worship someone who simply cannot exist because if he's Jewish and from Israel, HE CANNOT BE WHITE NOR CAUCASIAN. Explain Pat Robertson. Explain how it is that churches have million$ for big, classy buildings, and hardly anything for the poor who stop by except dirty looks. Explain why the religion itself has ALL the earmarks of a moneymaking scam.

Well?

And just so you can't squiggle out of "I have no idea what you mean by 'White Jesus", here's a few images to chew over:

Images of who, exactly?

If Christians cant even get the nationality of Jesus- and instead turn him into basically some Dude with long hair and a beard... And everyone goes for the image- and basically rejects his basic heritage (because, let's face it- who wants an off color savior in their church? No one, obviously!), how is anyone going to trust them? Add in all the other crap, and we're looking at a train wreck.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Brother wylecat, i see you didnt read the bible much or some of what you say was answerd but you didnt read up on it ---the truthe-the causes-false religion- god almighty is real-true christianity is here on earth
I cant believe how some people look in the mirror, see a walking body that is made up of water.a few minerals.with a spark of electric current which gives us the miricle of life, but cant believe in god with all the recources he has at his command in the universe! boggles my mind.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

It seems to me you're mixing religion in with Jesus and God, where it doesn't belong.
No, you read me right.
Jesus and God and The Holy Spirit (I believe is female) had NOTHING to do with organized religion and organized religion has nothing to do with your relationship with God.

When you meet a new person in your life and you want to get to know them - do you go to an organized meeting and listen to someone tell you how to conduct your relationship with this new person?
I should hope not.
Do you listen to the stories of how others got a good relationship going with someone and then do it their way?
No, I should hope not.
You have to do it your way.

You want a relationship with God, first thing you have to do is stop blaming Him.
There is no blame in life.
Life is what you get - and more - what you make of it.
Stop using blame to keep you ignorant. (I don't mean that word as an insult, only the textbook meaning).
You want a relationship with God, do it your own way.
Put some time into it.
Use what's available to you to get 'in touch' with the One you'll believe in.
And do it YOUR way.
Make it YOUR relationship.
Until you do, it's not going to work for you.

My opinion?
Start off by 'Thanking' God for what you do have.
For something as simple as someone who lets you cut in front of them in a line a cars.
For yes, something as beautiful as an inchworm doin that little humped up move they do to get along, something like watching birds play in the air, the smell of popcorn, anything you perceive as positive.
Just say a quick - 'Thanks' to God.
You've been blaming Him for so long it might take you a while to realize He's been there all along - but this is a good first step in trying to see where He is, by thanking Him.

That part about 'seeking and you shall find, knock and the door will be opened' - Yeah, it's true.

I hope if nothing else you find peace

By the way, this is coming from someone who really does care, and, someone who's 'been there done that' in ever sense of the word.
The pain, the hate, the bitterness, the disappointment, the being left behind, the fear...and more. And I'm not saying it will all magically go away and you'll start farting flowers, but, life will get better and does get better with Christ in it.

peace

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

not sure where you came up with the 'all white christian Jesus" at .. but I do this.. the message in the video is clear.. and it's the same mesage that I've know to be true in the last 40 years of my life starting at around 8th grede and watched my best friend go through the backend of a camper window slicing his wrists up to his elbows..

That night, I laid in bed and could help but to cry thinking I'd never see my best friend again; I turned over and buried my face in my pillow and as my heart broke I said.. "God, please don't let my best friend die..." over and over till i fell asleep.

3 days pass and he's back home. After the family got settled in I went up to see him, we were all talking and his dad looked at me and said... "the doctors said he was 2 mins from dying due to the loss of blood" ..my mouth dropped open and I said with tears welling up in my eyes.."I didn't know whatelse to do but pray...and ask God to save you..." We all bowed our heads and began to cry in thanks ..

Fast forward to 1980, after being raised a stanuch rasist, and coming out of the "torture circus" (home litterly), and raised without a father or dad, I was forced to live with my mom, another 'circus'. Comming home one night, I walked into the kitchen from college and there stands a tall African American male! So after a week or so of cooling my jets and having to live with another non-white person in the half-way house, we start to talk but never told him about anything about my past.

Standard routine for the evening is, I turn on the TV and he opens the big white house bible. I'm like ... WT*!! whatever dude..

so after like a week of this routine, I ask him,

"so why do even read that thing?

Jo says:" Oh, it's like a road map for our lives, as long as we follow it, we'll never be lost. pretty simple. It also tells us how God is like a Perfect Father to us such as, that before we trip and fall he's right there to pick us up and even if we fall, he'll be there pick us up still."

I became really quite since that concept was THE furtherst thing from my mind.. and was like yea right ..

he went into the kitchen and I went back into the living room and sat on the couch for a min (the kitchen and the living room were 25ft+ from each other ) when I heard this.... out of thin air..

" *insert my real name*... I can be that Father you've been looking for all your life if you just let me and trust me.."

I was like WT*.. I yelled from the living room to the kitchen and said.."Jo, what did you say .. ?? !!"

Jo "nothing .. im' in the kitchen " (like duh)

me: "are you sure .. ? !"..

Hearing him walking up to the living room he looks around the corner and says.. " yes.. I"m sure..are you ok .. ?"

I couldn't look at him since tears were welling up in my eyes.. then said.." I have to go to bed now.." and exited up to the bedroom. As I got read for bed I knelt down and couldn't stop the tears and said.. "God, if your real and you say you can be that person in my life for me, I'll server you for the rest .. of...my ...life.."

I wiped the tears, cuz' you know men don't cry.. and went to bed..

I awoke with the sun hitting my face .. and the aching in my heart for a Father wasn't there .. there was a peace I never had before totally unexplainable and my mom litterly thought there was a stanger in the house when I kissed her on the cheek and dropped the plate in the sink.

She looked at me and started to cry, hugged me and said.. " I''ve miss that for so long!!"

Wylekat, human beings fid their way back to the Father in many ways, some by spirtual phenomona they can't explain, others through a simple prayer, others through tragic event. but.. this one thing I really do know..

the message is the same.. God listens and answers to those with broken heart before him even when they ask in anger. Don't you think God know's the difference btwn one of this childs cry's for help and the one that just crys to get attention ?

Just like my daughter's when they were growing up, I could tell instantly when they really were hurting and when they just wanted a bit more attention.

I don't hate you Wylekat, I'm just trying to let you know that this is the real message you need to hear, not come to Jesus and spend your money and everything will be better.. it's the message in the video..

I can hear the hurt in your heart.. and I'll be putting it on the alter to ask God how I can help you..

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
thx for the replies all.. I sincerly hope that you to will be pulled closer to the Father as I have with all that is happening in the world.. this song spoke to me and let me know again ..

that in my brokeness, he's listening and has my full attention.. because that really is..

to him .. that's Better than a Hallelujah .. sometimes..

what can seperate us from the Love of God.. nothing.. only us if we choose to ..

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Well, it's a nice thought, and I like it, but she's wrong.

We appreciate those things better than a word of praise to God.

WE DO.

If one believes the Bible, it is pretty clear - GOD likes his praise. He's jealous and vengeful and he wants his praise.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

not sure where you came up with the 'all white christian Jesus" at

I do.

It comes from this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/debe95f13d01.jpg[/atsimg]

And I too am really frustrated with that picture. It's obscene to me. Extremely.

Anyway.

I also don't believe in religious epiphany.
It's too emotional and too misleading and when the glow wears off people wonder 'What was that all about'... But if it works for you that's all good.

For me I want a day in and day out steady relationship that grows and I can count on and that doesn't fade after the tears or laughter have past. And I've got it. it isn't easy, but, I do. And it takes work like any relationship. But, it's worth it. Thank God.

peace

[edit on 28-4-2010 by silo13]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

reply to post by Komodo

How do we know this isn't just another proselytizing thread, designed to rake in the suckers who want to believe? I tried that. I TRIED to believe- and I got a damned good shock as to what the Christian 'faith' is REALLY like. There's no God, no Jesus, No Nothing. Just a bunch of rich well off people making up stories to drag the poor in and take what little they have.

I have seen nothing but incredible amounts of disappointment, hurt, lies, thievery... No amount of feel good videos, fairy tales or someone else's personal 'experiences' is going to fix the hell I have been thru, and remain in- 'cause I know better than to believe some magic invisible person in the sky is gonna make it all better after I handle over what little I *do* have to some rich people who should be handing ME $$, at the *very* least.

i hate religion im on your side with this
im so sick of religious(especially christian) zealotry and brainwashing
ive posted this little number before but it is good

"this was no case of divine intervention; on the contrary it was a divine con, but that was the magic of the best grifts, convincing the rubes to believe th impossible. the bigger the lies, the more outrageous the lies, the more desperate the masses were gulled by them, especially if there was a little divinity thrown into the mix."-vampie wars-by steven savile

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
And I too am really frustrated with that picture. It's obscene to me. Extremely.

What about the Chinese Jesus?

or the African Jesus?

Are they obscene to you as well? Why or why not?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
No he is real wylecat and you will find this out shortly either before WW3 or after.

Now as for white Jesus.

Every culture has their pictures of Jesus as their culture indicates. You go to japana Jesus is chinese. You go to india he's indian.

The pictures themselves are just a reminder to souls to love him.

and as for caring. Ofcourse God cares. But what goods bitching gonna do like little brats when the slightest test of faith comes?

Nothing.

See that's why the saints rose above suffering and actually embraced it for souls.

If God didn't care we wouldn't because we have the ability to care. it comes from a source.

and OP the video doesn't work.

peace.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

What about the Chinese Jesus? or the African Jesus? Are they obscene to you as well? Why or why not?

Because *inhale* The man was supposed to be JEWISH! If ya cant get it right, or even pretend to get it right....

Not Chinese, Not African, Not Caucasian, Not an Oompa Loompa, Not a Wookie, Not a Klingon! JEWISH! How the hell hard is this? I'm as pasty white as they come, and I'm willing to accept an image for historical reasonings a LOT easier than to have him whitewashed as some race he JUST SIMPLY IS NOT. It's a lie (but then again, the basis for my continuing rant- Christianity is a lie anyways)- call it the smoking gun, the nail in the coffin, whatever.

I know- and all you Obamaites will appreciate- and then kill me for this- let's make Obama Chinese. Or Caucasian. Hey, I know! Let's make him Native American! Let's make him look like Jar Jar Binks.

No- wait, Let's make Budda into a Boss Hogg clone, Mohamed into a biker dude and Kali into a bronzed stripper.

*stops sarcasm, pants* NOW you get why it's offensive? Or do I gotta open up photoshop and do these depictions in glorious 32 bit color?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Yes he is Jewish, but that's the people who do the paintings fault, if God has a problem with it which you don't know.

again it's your smoking gun to rebel more over a simple matter that's completely irrelevant because you want a reason to not believe.

like you said.

" it's a lie "

so nothing will change that because IMO you don't want God to be real.

But he is, and when these things start to happen to the world you will have to make a choice. Instead of the usual rebellious wit.

peace

[edit on 28-4-2010 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
No- wait, Let's make Budda into a Boss Hogg clone, Mohamed into a biker dude and Kali into a bronzed stripper. "

see posters what he did here? It's the classic humor out of context shot.

First of all those people who paint chinese Jesus. it's still Jesus right? ofcourse. It's not turning him into lebron james right?

comeon. it's out of context, but to you it makes sense.

why?

Because it's a way to say gotcha to christians. who you think you're fooling?

and yea bust out photoshop and make me a mouse with robot legs and feet than I'll decide if you have skills.

peace.

top topics

join