It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

have you witnessed the illegal alien problem?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
I say if we cannot beat em, join em.

Now, I say if the federal government intervenes in Arizona, I say we all act just like the illegals.

Pay no taxes whatsoever. No license, no registration no income tax no nothing.

Jury nullification if the asshats try and do anything about it!

Star 4 u, If only enough of us would do this
stop feeding the pig.
Where do I not sign up

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I've been passed over for a job for an illegal alien, but I have nothing against illegal aliens. We're all just human beings trying to survive. As for that job, it was construction, and it paid about $100/day off the books. Now I live on a farm. In a couple weeks, I'm going to try to get hired here so I can make extra money to pay off my student loans. We'll see if I get passed over for illegals again. Oh, and another thing, I once went to an employment agency that gets laborers to work on farms, and they had nothing for me, being an educated white American. If you don't speak Spanish, it's kind of hard to work with these people. The language barrier gives the Mexicans control of many of the farms. I've got nothing against any of these people. Luckily, here the foreman speaks English, which is why I might have a chance.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5 oClock

Originally posted by endisnighe
I say if we cannot beat em, join em.

Now, I say if the federal government intervenes in Arizona, I say we all act just like the illegals.

Pay no taxes whatsoever. No license, no registration no income tax no nothing.

Jury nullification if the asshats try and do anything about it!

Star 4 u, If only enough of us would do this
stop feeding the pig.
Where do I not sign up

this isn't a far fetched idea. most of my close friends and i live off the grid, are basically self employed, and mind out own biz concerning this.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
You ask if I have witnessed the 'problem'.

I would have to say yes and no. You see, I have seen and met MANY illegals while growing up. I spent a couple years in Eastern Washington where a great deal of the apples in this country are grown.

I won't say that I have experienced what you have. Quite the opposite actually. Do the illegals work the farms? Of course. And at the extremely discounted rates. But have I witnessed the 'gringo' getting shafted for a position because the farmer didn't want to pay real wages?

Nope. Then again, this was during a time when jobs weren't so scarce. Here is my experiences. I had many 'gringo' friends as well as hispanic (legal and illegal) and indian (native of course) friends. The bulk of them were unemployed and looking for work. It would always be pointed out that there was always the crops (at least during the picking seasons). But every single one of them down to the man would refuse. They pay, though better than that of the 'illegals', was simply not enough for the type of labor involved.

In other words they were lazy and obviously didn't need the money as badly as they were claiming.

I see the same thing where I live now in the Midwest. Even during these hard times people STILL refuse to subject themselves to the humiliation of working a farm as a picker (in their own minds they seem to think that it is degrading to do that kind of work).

So, though your experiences state otherwise, I have not witnessed the negative effect.

Now, as for the drugs, alcohol, violence, crime, etc. Well, you can find the same in the general 'legal' population as well. If not more.

And please don't go on about gangs and the such. Those people are different breed of illegals. I'm talking about the man or woman that is trying to make a better life for themselves or their families back in Mexico or South/Central America. This is the type of 'illegal' that I knew. They kept their noses clean (why would they want to attrack the attention of the authorities if they are ILLEGALS?).

And also please don't think that I am a supporter of illegals. I am NOT. I believe that they should go through the process. It is a system for a reason. And yes, they do take jobs away from Americans. I just haven't seen many Americans want to bring themselves 'down' to the level of being a picker on a farm.

And I'm not talking about ALL of the jobs that they do. I know that there are many jobs that are affected by illegals. I'm not ignorant on this subject. I'm simply trying to explain what I have witnessed as you have asked.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

i agree with basically everything you said.
i'd also assume that being as close to the border as i am would increase the violence, especially concerning drugs and gangs.
the closer to the cartels, the more violent.

Now, as for the drugs, alcohol, violence, crime, etc. Well, you can find the same in the general 'legal' population as well. If not more.

agree, although, a rape by a citizen is just so wrong,
somehow the same crime by someone who shouldn't be here is even worse.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Yes, when I had to go to a hospital emergency room - aka - the "free health clinic" for illegals. Where I had to wait for them to be seen for free, while I paid over $1,000 in deductibles not covered by my insurance.

Oh, and yesterday I had to call the courthouse in the capital city of the state of Nevada on business and the answering system responded with "... Press 1 to continue in English ...", then it continued in spanish..

This has to mean that most of the people that call the courthouse speak spanish. And of course most of the reasons for calling a courthouse have to do with criminal activity of some sort. As they say, you do the math.

If you think about it, this really answers a lot of questions (in English) that have been posed in all the AZ law threads ...

[edit on 4/28/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg
I had many 'gringo' friends as well as hispanic (legal and illegal) and indian (native of course) friends.

Right there, you lost every bit of credibility you might have been trying to attain. "Indian (Native of course)"..? what does that even mean?

Again, If you are illegal-->you are a criminal and are breaking the laws. You and your friends time for freeloading is up. It shouldn't matter what jobs you can fill because they are unfulfillable by the American labor force, who are you to decide they are unfulfillable? Because of Illegals the employers can cut wages and take advantage of people looking for labor.

Again, Illegal=criminal.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by prionace glauca]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join