It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have original songs to upload, but

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
here is my problem.

I put the cd of my originals into my computer. I ripped them into windows media player and they are now under my library, untitled tracks 1,2, etc.

I can play them on my own computer , but I can't email them to friends , family, or put them on myspace. So I can't link them to ATS either.
:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

I need to convert the file format I think, but I'm not sure what kind of file they are anyway... wave I think.

It would be great if I could just copy and paste from my library onto my desktop. Is that possible? Then I could at least attach them in an email. But I think the reason I can't do that is the same reason I can't upload them to myspace. Which is that they are not in the correct file format...

I have no idea
:bnghd:
:bnghd:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
you're right about the problem being the file format, if you like you can visit the link below and choose a freeware converter that converts your songs straight from your cd into files in the mp3 format.

Link

[edit on 4.27.10 by toreishi]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by toreishi
you're right about the problem being the file format, if you like you can visit the link below and choose a freeware converter that converts your songs straight from your cd into files in the mp3 format.

Link

[edit on 4.27.10 by toreishi]

Ok, I downloaded several of those. I remember doing this from last time I uploaded music.
Problem now is the installation cannot be completed on any of those file converting formats. I think it could be something to do with using mozilla now? Last time I did this I was on explorer and explorer doesn't have those weird mozilla blocks on everything.
I hope this makes some kind of sense.
Also the software is trying to access the web before completing and it tries to use google chrome instead of mozilla. Now I've deleted the google chrome icon.

Thank you for your help by the way, it is kind.
Maybe this will make sense to you and/or anyone who can help..

My computer is old and dying and this might be why. I'm getting a laptop soon and after I do I am going to pull an office space scene on this here machine. I might even film it

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

To send the files by e-mail you shouldn't have any problem, how are you trying to send them?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

ArMaP, I can't get them out of windows media player. I can play them like that, but I can't access windows media player "as an attachment". Does that make sense?
If I could get them out of windows media player and save them on say, my desktop, then I would be golden.
But I can't copy them directly out of windows media player onto my desktop, or into an email, etc.
I hope that makes sense.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
I hope that makes sense.
I think it does.

If you are using Windows XP, go to the "My Documents" folder and you will see a folder named "My music". Inside that folder you will find a folder for each CD that Windows Media Player ripped.

On Windows Vista (if that's the case) you will find a "Music" folder inside the folder with your user name.

Hope it works.

Edit: the names may be a little different, I use Portuguese versions of Windows.

[edit on 27/4/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I love you. If you're a dude it's in a non gay way. If you're a chick it's platonic.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Only thing is now I can't attach it as an email.
Apparently I converted it to Mp3. One of my attempts was successful.
And I found it under documents, music, and then it was there.
Awesome!
but then I clicked on attach when I was about to email it, and it says "ouch, there is a problem with file, could not attach"

Could it not be compressed? I can compress it into either a ZIPP or a RAR, whatever that is, or maybe a RAP, but not into an ArMaP

Thank you for helping me, I'm almost there I think...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

None of my files can be added as attachments. So it's not the songs themselves. Seems like it's time to start another thread to get to the bottom of this next obstacle.
Thanks ya'll that are here helping me.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

No problem.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
If it helps at all, I use winLAME to convert my .wav files to MP3 when necessary.

TheAssoc.

new topics

top topics

join