It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

where did everyone come up with their login names?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:
D

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
D is the first letter of my name. Quite simple actually. Just shows that I'm not very creative

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
My login came from an album by Judas Priest. "Defenders of the faith"... the cover of the album, (for y'all who don't know what that is, it's a 12' cd..). had a robotic lion on the front with all sorts of neat things like rocket launchers, flaming eyes, etc... The description was something like "Metallion: Defender of the heavy metal faith.."... Being a guitar player, and being in a band for more than a few years, my buddies switched my nickname from kamikaze to Metallion. It sort of stuck.

Have a good one all.

[Edited on 17-8-2004 by metallion]

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
In the X-Men or especially the comic book series Excalibur, lockheed is a little purple dragon that is from another planet, where everyone speaks in rhymes. Acutally couplet rhymes to be exact. I enjoy rhyming so I figured... why not name myself after him (only on ATS of course) I suppose another interesting question would be.... where did everyone get their avatars?

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
my name- an old friend of mine would call me pickle and the started calling me misspickle- so i kept it because i thought it was cute and quite original lol- i havent seen anyone else use it!

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
mine, I got it from the movie... just liked it........it was about a spy shwartzanagger or whatever was in it...

plus its an oxymoron... jumboshrimp/truelies

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I chose my name to deny anyone the satisfaction of calling me a muppet!

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I tend to "sit on the fence" as they say... Plus Iam so very proudly Italian (Fence sitters in the war)...

It takes alot to sway me either way in an argument, I like to take it all in, from both sides, and then make up my own mind.

...So I thought HumptyDumpty fit quite nice!!! How bout you?

[Edited on 8/20/04 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I could tell you but then...well you know....

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
[edit on 28/8/04 by COMSEUR]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
(it's not a very INTERESTING origin...)

Anyways, "prophet" came from my friends who would always call me that due to the fact that I always try to bring peace between fights, I would make predictions that would come to be right, and I was always someone they could depend on. They used to call me "peacemakermike" but since that was too long (and my friends are lazy) they shortened it to "prophetmike".

As you may have already guessed... my name is Mike.

Yeah, so that's MY story of my username. Hope it was fun...

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Mako was the name of a very intelligent and loyal German Shepard/Chow I had for years.

0956 was part of my old phone number.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
just guess.....

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I use this one for pretty much everything. I got it when i put my name and favorite number into a randomizer thing they had when trying to decide a sn for aim. That's tje origin of my name.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   

MY oldest daughter loves horses,so my login name is the name of a horse.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I navajo obviousl lol and one night I was trying to teach myself navajo and I was reading about Nostradomus in the other browser window lol Navajo Prophet heh heh heh

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Mine is just the name of my website but I saw something in the rules about promoting your website after a certain amount of days or something so instead of putting .com at the end I just left it as it is

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I believe everything we think, see, touch, feel, is just an illusion. The computer chair your sitting in, the monitor your looking at, and the keyboard your typing on...

just an illusion.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Yeah, mine's probably the most creative name ever.
Actually, it was a long time ago. A dark, stormy night and I was dreaming of something. Suddenly...my door squeaked open and I heard a noise... I went out there, but found nothing. I heard someone calling out my name...I went down stairs. There was nothing there...nothing but a cold sensation going down the back of my spine and ending just as the trickling of a river flows into an ocean. I later found out that my great-grandfather had died just about at that same moment in time. His last words were, "Get Herman"......

Just kidding. I thought it up because it's so simple, it's funny (was funny at the time). There's also that old war guy from The Simpson's named Herman. He's awesome.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Mines from a book by Robert Fryer about the last Confederate soldier. The name of the book is...wait for it, "The Last Patriot". It's a good read and really eye opening for those who think the demonization of a defeated enemy and the glorification of the victor is only a 20th-21st century concept.

E_T

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Laziness...

Hint: check first 30 and you should (be able to) understand:
www.setiatwork.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join