It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historic Traffic Highs on AboveTopSecret.com

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
AboveTopSecret.com has hit historic traffic highs last week, the week ending April 24, 2010. This is the first time where we exceeded an amazing one million visits in a single week. During that same week, we delivered over 4.2 million pages to people from 216 different countries and territories. And if that weren't enough, over 180,000 distinct/unique pages of content were seen by all those people in all those countries.

To put that into perspective, just three years ago as we were preparing to form "The Above Network, LLC," our visitors for the entire month April of 2007 totaled just 985,053.

Also, while traffic from search engines and linking websites continues to rise, we're seeing a higher percentage of people hit the ATS site home pages as their primary point of entry. In April of 2007, we saw 217,000 distinct people visit the site home as their first page... while last week, that number is 425,000. Meaning more and more people have become aware of ATS, and check out the home page regularly.

The graph below illustrates the growth in weekly traffic since January of 2009:

For those interested in more comparative data on our traffic growth, monthly traffic reports are available on our stats page.

More Details About The Big Week

A traffic overview of our first million-visit week is available here: ats-apr18-apr24-2010.pdf.

Popular Site Content

If you'd like to review the threads and pages that received the post attention that week, you can have a look at this report: ats-apr18-apr24-2010-content.pdf.

Popular Search Keywords

For an interesting look at the search terms used by the visitors that come to ATS, have a look at this report: ats-apr18-apr24-2010-keywords.pdf.

Global Reach

And finally, to see where all these people are coming from, have a look at this revealing report: ats-apr18-apr24-2010-map.pdf.

Thanks to all our members for continuing contribute content that is getting noticed. As always, you have our commitment in creating and maintaining the kind of site where your thoughts and ideas will be seen by millions worldwide.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Cries, the links are not working

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Historic!

Good thread, SO.
Goes to show that ATS is extremely popular worldwide.

Kudos!

I will look at the negative side now.
With you other thread about ADL and the context of them using quotes.

With more attention comes more scrutiny.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Congratulations! As a webdesigner i must say you run an awesome site. The site itself is awesome but the way that you encourage users to participate is really great. Thanks for also giving us the stats page, that is really cool to see, i love stats. You are growing at an alarming rate and that is great news!

Thanks for putting your time, money and effort into this amazing site! I am glad i was one of the new people to add to your growth!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
YEEEEEAAAAHHHHHH!!!! Go ATS, denying ingnorance in mass quantities. More and more people are waking up, and seeing the way things really are.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Here's to a well created and maintained site.

Well done!! That is certainly a benchmark to be proud of.

Cheers!!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d1b715751156.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
sexy statistics...

I'm glad to see how worldwide ATS really is. That is a nice climb from Jan. 09

3rd line because it's an owner thread..

link   
What a wonderful milestone in ATS HISTORY ,

makes me proud to be a part of it all even on a minor level .. congrats

link   

Originally posted by Wondering302
Cries, the links are not working

They're working now.

For some reason, the PDF files didn't propagate into our media servers as quickly as they should have.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
What? ...and your millionth visitor didn't even get a measly Tee shirt?

That's a helluva lotta' traffic!

(must be the conspiracy chicks)

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This has made me aware of the number of people who visit this great website and as such, I plan to ensure that every post or thread I make is accurate as possible, properly submitted using ATS rules and of quality content.

Its nice to be part of this website and its part of my end of the day routine I look forward to.

Mike Lee

CX

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Excellent news Bill, that certainly is some amount of traffic!

Do you think there is anything particular about why it was so high last week?

I'd put my money on it being due to Semper singing on the ATS Live show.

Or maybe the amount of web users that put the word "chicks" into Google?

CX.

[edit on 27/4/10 by CX]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Well I wish I could claim its due to my brilliant insightful and humorous posting's
However
It's probably due the the new banners that read "Click Here for Free Beer"!

Wounder why the spike, is this a sign people are finally waking up???

[edit on 27-4-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Congrats to ATS, I am not surprised, one of things that I have learned over the years here is that worldwide we are not that much different, we are all looking to deny ignorance.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Perhaps more people are intuitively searching answers to why things are the way they are.

One thing that was interesting in the search results pdf was that after all the obvious searches for abovetopsecret.com, there is "jkrog08". Didnt know what that was until I looked and it seems to be some UFO guy with a Twitter page that was a friend to the ATS crew. He passed away earlier this year it seems.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
My fave part is the 200 plus countries that ATS has hits from...

How sweet is that? Information scattered about at the speed of light. Not too long ago, it would have taken months, even years, for information to travel that far. Assuming, of course, it got there at all...

ATS has grown so much, even in the short time I've been involved, just less than five years... Sweet.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

How do you know it wasn't?

Intimidating, isn't it? People could be out there hanging on your every word...bated breath, just wondering what you've got to say next...

Just teasin'. Personally? I enjoy your stuff, so it's not so out of the realm of possibility...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Congrats Amigos!
Well deserved.
Nowhere to go but up!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

It really looks impressive when you open the map pdf file

It is almost completely covered

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Intimidating, isn't it? People could be out there hanging on your every word...bated breath, just wondering what you've got to say next...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join