It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now That's Funny!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The headline reads

'Rude Man' Beaten, Pelted With Pasta
Women Say Man Failed To Hold Open Elevator Door

So I was looking for something to share with ATS when I ran across the article

Boston: A Roxbury man who apparently didn’t show enough chivalry was hit with a plate of pasta, punched, kicked and beaten with handbags by two women who told investigators they needed to “teach him a lesson” for not holding an elevator door for them, Boston police said.

Kenyana McQuay, 27, and Waltiea Funches, 28, told officers Mohamed Warsame “was rude to them” because he didn’t keep the elevator door open when it started to close on them.

So tell me why did this story not make national news? surely the ACLU should be all over this one? no...

Okay all you non-door holding ATS members, you've been warned! Forget your manners and the ladies will hunt you down!

Link to the story with vid

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Perhaps he had, in the past, held a door for a lady only to be pelted with abuse about equality and how strong women don't need doors held for them etc.

Nothing against women here. And I hold/open doors for everyone as a polite gesture. I've been subject to the militant feminists before in such instances.

CX

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Thats funny.

I must admit i always hold doors open for ladies, blokes too, so i think i'm safe for now.

That said, i've had a few women in the past that have had a go at me for doing it, said they were quite capable.

Interesting fact, i believe the door holding thing comes from back in the days when women wore those huge frames under their dresses, their partners had to hold the door for them as the women couldn't do it themselves. They couldn't reach it.

CX.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Allow me to contribute some more good stuff. With video.

Man wipes out Nebraska convenience store wearing two-ply disguise

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I think a better nickname would have been the Two-ply Bandit
but that's Nebraska for ya...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Well, I admit that when I read this I was envisioning two elderly women with a bit of spunk, throwing down on a younger man for not being respectful... Lol...

However, this is rather sad behavior for adults. Pretty lame on the women's part.

Having said that, I appreciate having the door held for me and always make a point of thanking the guy... I still see it as a nice gesture and for the most part, it happens more often than not.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Take note of the name everyone, "Mohamed Warsame".

At first glance the ladies probably mis-took him for a terrorist!

Poor guy.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Reading this story made me think of one thing and one thing only!
EQUAL RIGHTS

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karma_Chameleon
reply to post by DaddyBare

Take note of the name everyone, "Mohamed Warsame".

At first glance the ladies probably mis-took him for a terrorist!

Poor guy.

There's not a lot of info on this
thePolice report says pretty much the same things as the news report.
However there might be more to this... in the Vid they state this man has recently become an American Citizen and in light of the current ill-will towards foreigners... maybe it wasn't entirely about him being rude???

[edit on 27-4-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1
Perhaps he had, in the past, held a door for a lady only to be pelted with abuse about equality and how strong women don't need doors held for them etc.

Exactly.

Males cannot win, and especially white males in this society today.

I say let them have as much as they want. There the ones who asked for all this.

I thing its a disgrace what they did to this man. But of course the double standard game they play will get them applause from hypocrites.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
EQUAL RIGHTS

What does this mean? Could you expand a bit?

The story does say the women were charged...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

EQUAL RIGHTS

Because, the women where ticked off he did not hold the door for them. In this day and age with women screaming to be treated as equals..(to which I agree) then holding a door for them should not have even been an issue. You see we men are damned if we do and damned if we don't. Some women get pissed if you do hold the door for them and then you have these ladies who got pissed someone did not hold the door for them. You can't scream for Equal Rights and then take a step back when it's convenient.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Personally, holding the door (for anyone) is just considered common courtesy.

That said however, the lack of doing so certainly doesn't require physical abuse, a quick flick of the finger should suffice, but that's about the extent of the level of response needed...

I hope these ladies get the counseling they obviously need, as they (not him) seem to have forgotten what is, and what is not, acceptable in society....

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

EQUAL RIGHTS

Because, the women where ticked off he did not hold the door for them. In this day and age with women screaming to be treated as equals..(to which I agree) then holding a door for them should not have even been an issue. You see we men are damned if we do and damned if we don't. Some women get pissed if you do hold the door for them and then you have these ladies who got pissed someone did not hold the door for them. You can't scream for Equal Rights and then take a step back when it's convenient.

You realize the incident in question was an elevator door right? I mean, how is there gender bias holding open an elevator for someone? Women and men and even children (of both sexes) do this all the time.

Now, if you want to scream equal rights and complain about something like holding doors, perhaps you would have something to argue if the topic was opening a door to allow a woman to enter first...

Geez. the things people get worked up about around here. Amazing.

top topics

join