It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A transient lunar phenomenon (TLP) from Lunar Orbiter 5?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by StonyJ
I'll go with Phages' analysis of "lint" on the film. Seems like a better argument backed with solid facts. IMO

It isn't 'better' so much as it is a more acceptable theory.

Personally, I reject the Idea of Giant Moon Fuzzies because I find it unacceptable.

Even if such Moon Fuzz was real, I don't think I'd accept it. I'd say it was lint, even if it wasn't.

*Does anyone have a lint free image of the lint-covered area?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
The images are scanned from photographic prints.
Sure looks like lint on the scanner to me.

The Lunar Orbiter 16 x 20 inch prints from the LPI collection were scanned using a sheet-feeder scanner to create an archival digital file. Each print was digitized as an 8-bit grayscale image at 300 dpi, producing a file of approximately 29 MB in TIFF format.

www.lpi.usra.edu...

[edit on 4/29/2010 by Phage]

LOL How did I have a feeling you would use something like this.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by StonyJ
I'll go with Phages' analysis of "lint" on the film. Seems like a better argument backed with solid facts. IMO

LOL more of the "followers" of a person or is it multiple accounts?

BTW I don't know what it is that is in that photo. It looks rather odd.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It looks like lint, but until one gets a blow up bog enough to see if any shadows were made by the " thing" it cannot be ruled out. I say 95% probability it is lint. It looks at the left side of the thing, which looks like some fiberglass or insulation type stuff. the edge is cut and straight while on the right side it tapers off at the end, which proves it was likely part of some material that was cut and somehow ended up contaminating the picture.

The brightness across the entire object is also a clue: Surely the terrain was uneven and we should see shadows or areas of up and down areas if the material was laying on top of the terrain but it is uniformly bright. In general it looks out of place, even for an anomaly...unless aliens on the moon are hauling massive pieces of used insulation from interior cavities to the craters and discarding them there the odds are pretty high this is one of those not so rare screw up's by the powers that be. No lab can be perfect, and things happen, and odds being what they are, it is safe to say that unless and until someone can convince with sound sources that this is real then we can assume Occams Razor still works most of the time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join