It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists make cancer cells vanish

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
www.heraldscotland.com...

Scottish scientists have made cancer tumours vanish within 10 days by sending DNA to seek and destroy the cells. The system, developed at Strathclyde and Glasgow universities, is being hailed as a breakthrough because it appears to eradicate tumours without causing harmful side-effects. A leading medical journal has described the results so far as remarkable, while Cancer Research UK said they were encouraging. Dr Christine Dufes, a lecturer at the Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences and leader of the research, said: “The tumours were completely gone within 10 days. It is fantastic. When you talk about 10 days that is the time frame for curing a cold. Imagine if within 10 days you could completely make a tumour disappear.”

Well, this looks like it could be promising. They've managed to kill cancer cells without killing off healthy cells, using DNA.

Let's hope that this isn't snapped up by the greediest pharma company, to be swept aside and never be used. Let's hope that this can be worked on, and perfected quickly, so that people can stop needlesly suffering from cancer. Too late for many, maybe just in time for some. *fingers crossed*

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Wonderful news, I hope RX companies dont take it away with their money..We need this to advance, Kudos to The UK..

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

This is astounding news.
DNA that can eradicate cancer? Wow.

Lets hope this can be further funded and progressed into cheaper technology.
I have many friends with cancer as we speak.

I'm going to go on a limb and say the news won't cover it.

Please, someone prove me wrong.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This is a very good think for mankind. I hope BigPharma doesn't buy this, and lock it up in some safe somewhere, where it will never see the day of light.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Oxygen will kill ALL cancer cells. Graveyard dead in seconds. The ONLY thing that causes cancer is a lack of oxygen in the blood and tissues of the organs and the rest of the body. The medical field has shown this. John's Hopkins University published a paper a few years ago that was quickly removed from the web. I didn't have a chance to copy it, nor did anyone else that I know of, unfortunate. But this is a fact.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Dadio is right about the oxygen
I read it to.

Big pharma will not buy this they probably own it.
After all they fund it to, the resarch I mean.

Great news anyway

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The study referred to in the article is this.

I can get the fulltext if anyone is interested in reading it.

Tumor regression after systemic administration of a novel tumor-targeted gene delivery system carrying a therapeutic plasmid DNA

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This is a wonderful breakthrough. Now lets hope tptb don't succeed in crashing the world system and we save some technology. This ones worth saving.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
i hope so much that this is true!!

top topics

join