It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor Assisted suicide in the United States

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
i just saw the story about this
Dr. Kevorkian

Aid in dying in the United States was brought to public attention in the 1990s with the highly publicized case of Dr. Jack Kevorkian. Dr. Kevorkian assisted over 40 people in committing suicide in Michigan.[5] His first public assisted suicide was Janet Adkins, an elderly female diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease in 1989. He was charged with murder, but charges were dropped on December 13, 1990 because there were no Michigan laws outlawing suicide or the medical assistance of it so he was not in violation of a law.[6]

Years later, Kevorkian crossed the line from assisting the patient to actively killing the patient himself. Kevorkian videotaped himself giving a man a lethal injection and aired the tape on 60 Minutes. He was found guilty of second-degree murder and served eight years of a 10-25 year sentence. He was released in 2007.[7]

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Im a firm believer that if a person is sick enough with a life threating illness for example and they have been in physical pain for years and have had enough and want to give up their lives , they should be entitled to do so ..

or if a persons life is a living hell and nothing they do helps and they want to commit suicide they also should be entitled to that choice ....

think of the overall benifits that this concept would have .
if assisted suicide was made legal not only though out all 52 states but on a world wide scale. it would drasticly cut down on humanities population, cut down on our massive consumption of natural resources

now im not all that much into all that bible crap but i do believe one of the 10 commandments where

THOU shall not make man suffer .
by forcing people likes i said above to live is in fact against one of the orginal 10 commandments made and give to us to live by by god him or herself .

so i do fully support this cause .

if you think about it and the person was a loved one , would you in your right mind allow them to suffer ?

[edit on 27/4/10 by alysha.angel]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by alysha.angel

if assisted suicide was made legal not only though out all 52 states but on a world wide scale.

there are only 50 states.

now im not all that much into all that bible crap but i do believe one of the 10 commandments where

THOU shall not make man suffer .

That is not one of the Ten Commandments.

Nonwithstanding these errors, why is this a political conspiricy?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by craig732

if assisted suicide was made legal not only though out all 52 states but on a world wide scale.

there are only 50 states.

He must have learned US geography from the same place Oboma did.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
ok i was wrong , theres 50 states ....

as for the ten commandments im right tho.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

ok i was wrong , theres 50 states ....

as for the ten commandments im right tho.

Sigh.

Here are the Ten Commandments:

Exodus 20:2–17
1:
2 I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery;
3 Do not have any other gods before me.

2:
4 You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me,

6 but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments.

3:
7 You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name.

4:
8 Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy.

9 For six days you shall labour and do all your work.

10 But the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God; you shall not do any work—you, your son or your daughter, your male or female slave, your livestock, or the alien resident in your towns.

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but rested the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and consecrated it.

5:
12 Honor your father and your mother, so that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.

6:
13 You shall not murder.

7:
14 You shall not commit adultery.

8:
15 You shall not steal.

9:
16 You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

10:
17 You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor

Source: The Bible

Please show me where it says "Thou shalt not make man suffer".

Also please explain why you feel this is a political conspiricy.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Let's get t to meat and potatoes of this thread, instead of attacking the OP's mistakes.

Doctor Assisted Suicide.

I am torn here on this. I just don't think it's right. I can see the point, that if you have a terminal illness and are going to die anyway, go out by your own will and not let the disease take you down.

On the other hand, suffering is cleansing. I couldn't do it myself. I am against suicide. But I don't think I could stop someone else from doing it. If the pain for that person is too great for them to bear. I guess it's their life and they have that choice.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
If we can trust our doctors then fine, let them help out. Not that it takes much effort to fall off a building or walk into traffic. Really, is suicide difficult? Wheel your chair into oncoming traffic.

But something tells me doctors cannot be trusted. At least not any more than governments can.

Secret forced sterilization by doctors

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I also have mixed emotions on this subject. On one level, it makes perfect sense, as far as ending suffering is concerned. I spent 32 years in the medical field and have seen incredible suffering that broke my heart. It has always amazed me how humans can somehow survive incredible insult and injury and still live. Suffering does cleanse to a degree, but we don't understand the workings of that, really. On the other hand, if it were legalized it would mean that the gov't would be involved. Down the road, what would keep TPTB from having a big list of diseases and conditions, that if you had them, you would be forced to report and submit to euthanasia? After all, you would be using expensive resources that the living could use, i.e., money. My next door neighbor died at home 3 days ago from metastatic lung cancer. My wife and I were there. He was a fighter and saw it through to the bitter end. Not everyone is that way. The Devil is in the details here, and while it makes sense, as I said, it could be a Pandora's Box, even as far as newborns or infants are concerned, not to mention any of us at any age with a debilitating disease or condition. Unless we make the decision ourselves, there are many outcomes that do not fit into black and white. I just say...

top topics

join