It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Noah's Ark Been Found on Turkish Mountaintop?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I posted this in another thread dealing with the same topic so I might as well put it here as well.

Actually I dont think anyone is going to find anything on the mt Ararat. So I dont know if this claim is for real. How many of you know that mount Ararat is in fact a volcano that last erupted in 1840? I find it hard to imagine now, as I only found out this piece of news a few minutes ago when searching for turkey volcanoes, how anything can still be there after at least 6 eruptions.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by loner007

Here, see if this means anything to you.

Wikipedia says Ararat erupted in 1840 as per some sources, albeit under the ground water level. Previous to that it seems it was active in the 3rd millennium B.C.

They give as a source for this: www.volcano.si.edu...

The 5165-m-high, double-peaked stratovolcano Mount Ararat, also known as Agri Dagi, is Turkey's highest, largest volume, and easternmost volcano. Glacier-clad Ararat, along with its twin volcano, 3925-m-high Kucuk Ararat (or Lesser Ararat), covers an area of 1000 sq km at the eastern end of a SSW-ESE line of volcanoes extending from Nemrut Dagi. Construction of the Greater and Lesser Ararat volcanoes was followed by a period of extensive flank eruptions, many erupted along N-S-trending fissures. The initial stage of flank eruptions produced a cluster of cinder cones and dacitic-rhyolitic lava domes surrounding Greater Ararat and a series of pyroclastic cones and domes on the western flank of Lesser Ararat. Late-stage activity formed large pyroclastic cones lower on the flanks of the two volcanoes. Ararat appears to have been active during the 3rd millennium BC; pyroclastic-flow deposits overlie early Bronze Age artifacts and human remains. Karakhanian et al. (2002) reported historical evidence for a phreatic eruption and pyroclastic flow at the time of a July 1840 earthquake and landslide.

phreatic: Pertains to the water-saturated zone underlying the water table.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by theyreadmymind]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by theyreadmymind

from the same source you have given here are the characteristics of the 1840 eruption

Start Date: 1840 Jul 2 Stop Date: Unknown

Dating Technique: Historical Records

Volcanic Explosivity Index (VEI): 3?

Area of Activity: Upper northern flank

Eruptive Characteristics:
Radial fissure eruption
Explosive eruption
Pyroclastic flow(s)
Fatalities
Damage (land, property, etc.)
Mudflow(s) (lahars)
Debris avalanche(s)

heres a pic of a Phreatic eruption....

[edit on 29-4-2010 by loner007]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by loner007

Okay, cool. I was putting that for your examination as it seemed like it might be important. I'm glad you pointed out that Ararat is a volcano as it would have gone completely unnoticed by me. Star for you.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by theyreadmymind]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

How could it hold every species on the planet or possibly just that region?

Two ways I can think of.

1. Frozen embryos

2. Genetic library

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
did they find noahs ark? no they found an old piece of wood.

its hard for me to fathom that otherwise intelligent people would even be willing to debate whether or not the story of noahs arc was real or fictional.

beyond.
all.
reason.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by djzombie]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

A phreatic eruption is explosive. That's the type of explosive event that made Krakatoa famous.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

You're over thinking the problem. Fundmentalists decide to play games with the phrase 'each kind'. They also insist that it does not say anything about the age of the animals. There are all sorts of books written by folks that try to lay claim to everything from how the animals were able to all get on in time, how the ventilation was excellent so that ammonia did not build up and poison the animals, how there was sufficient food for all, how the boat was the optimum design for its purpose, etc.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Chinese explorers stand by claim of Noah's Ark find in Turkey
Seems that the group is not going to admit that this is a hoax.

Two members of the search team that claims to have found Noah’s Ark on Mount Ararat in Turkey responded to skepticism by saying that there is no plausible explanation for what they found other than it is the fabled biblical boat that floated on a flooded earth for 40 days and 40 nights.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
If there is an omnipotent god up in the sky somewhere who can do anything imaginable, and he wanted to get rid of evil man, or nephilim, or whatever, why send a natural phenomenon like a flood?

Why not snap is fingers, or noodly appendages, or whatever extremites he has, and vaporize these beings instantly and leave the good humans alone? Why go through all the trouble of gathering all these animals, building an ark, etc. when he could just snap his fingers and be rid of them? Come on now guys....

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

A phreatic eruption is explosive. That's the type of explosive event that made Krakatoa famous.

Yes, I gathered that from loner007's post. My knowledge on volcanoes is about nil and Wikipedia's language made it seem rather unexceptional so I brought it here for a second opinion.

Would it make a difference that it was on the Upper Northern Flank? Do volcanoes ever shoot out to one side and leave the other side untouched?

I found this picture for example. Could something like this be possible on Ararat?

www.authenticmaya.com...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I get a 403 - forbidden trying to look at the image.

A good example of an event such as you are asking about is the north flank failure of Mt St Helens in Oregon, US.

I'm sure you can find a video of the event, the following has diagrams and photos.
Mt St Helens - wikipedia

I was able to view the 1999 eruption of Pacaya by going to the website.
www.authenticmaya.com...

I have been to Pacaya. Hiked to the summit and eruptive events at that time were more like the central image on the web page.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by stereologist]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Yes, www.authenticmaya.com was where the image I linked to was coming from. I was referring to the third image (the right one) under the "Past Eruptions" section. It appears from that single pic to be erupting only to one side of the volcano.

First, is it possible for a volcano to erupt in this way and leave the other side of a volcano untouched? Second, would it be possible for Ararat to do this based on what we know, and if so how, who, or what records could confirm something like that?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Sure eruptions happen on the side. Take a look at Mt Shasta. There is a secondary cone on the side called Shastina.

Shastina - wikipedia

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by djzombie

its hard for me to fathom that otherwise intelligent people would even be willing to debate whether or not the story of noahs arc was real or fictional.

Possibly, if you droped the religious prejudice and keep in mind that the
Sumarians considered the story actual history. All the civilizations that
connected or not that have a flood story. I would say, there is sufficient
evidence in the Epic of Gilgamesh, to at least make it worthy of investigation. Or how is it they are all telling the same lie?
I been saying it on the other threads, so I'll say it here.. There are going to be a lot of atheists eating crow when this turns out to be the real deal.
There are zero fairytales and zero lies in the Bible.
Dosn't matter if you like it or not.
Any one who says different is wrong.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by randyvs]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Did Noah take a girl with him on his arch?
If the arch was meant for the survival of every species, that includes Man right?
So we're all descendants of Noah?
Please somebody correct me!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kr0ss
Did Noah take a girl with him on his arch?
If the arch was meant for the survival of every species, that includes Man right?
So we're all descendants of Noah?
Please somebody correct me!

It is believed that Noah had his sons (3) with their wives (3) and also number of believers ( 6 - 80 ) on board .

in total minumum number is 3+3+1+6 = 13 people
in total maximum number is 3+3+1+80 = 87 people .

people in accordance with their religion , do believe that Noah is only second to Adem .

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Oh , everyone must go and see the sunset from Agri / Ararat mountain , at least once .

The area is full of hospitality .

One thing you would not expect from an outset , the snakes .

Boy do they get big or do they get big ?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I'm amazed by the amount of ignorance on this thread... Which is caused because few actually read the article

1. This is a NEW second site on mt ararat ... Not the original one on
2. The wood WAS carbon dated to 4800 years ago...
3. Ancient myth and history are interwoven... There most certainly could have been a boat in which every animal that was important to man was placed on the boat... Not necessarily every type of animal in existence
4. There are measurements of the wood beams in the article... For those who are doubters... Check the measurements against what was said in the ancient books.

Is this Noahs ark? Who knows? But stop acting like a bunch of kindergartners with all the ignorance!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 23432

This means that we're all descendants of 13 to 87 people with the same beliefs, all from the same region and likely with the same genetic attributes?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join