It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Noah's Ark Been Found on Turkish Mountaintop?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

whether or not the topic was fully covered or not this is still breaking news today on fox news and daily mail. thanks for the link.

daz

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

bible.cc...

So they either were killed by the flood, because they were evil - which we know they were not because of the "also afterward", or they were saved on the boat by Noah.

It's possible that the 'fallen ones' came back "later" to produce more Nephilim, but that kind of makes the flood a waste of time, or a planned event.
Heh, God does false flags!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The 4800 year old date does not bode well. It places the flood in the middle of the Egyptian civilization. At 5100 years ago you have the development of hieroglyphics in Egypt and the start of the 1st dynasty. By 4560 years ago the Great Pyramid of Khufu is built. The second dynasty of Egypt is right in the middle of the flood by the suggested date.

Another problem is that continuous tree rings exist across that date. So 300 days of inundation apparently do not kill the trees, or more likely there was no flood at 4800 years ago.

This is from the FoxNews article.

The group claims that carbon dating proves the relics are 4,800 years old,

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Maybe they meant 4800BC?

That would make more sense.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It's possible, but I'm not going to play games with the statements. If there is a correction coming out, then let's let the source make it.

Even then the time would cut across the early Sumerians.

Sumaria

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1

bible.cc...

So they either were killed by the flood, because they were evil - which we know they were not because of the "also afterward", or they were saved on the boat by Noah.

It's possible that the 'fallen ones' came back "later" to produce more Nephilim, but that kind of makes the flood a waste of time, or a planned event.
Heh, God does false flags!

Nope the nephilim are mentioned in GENISIS when the SONS OF GOD THE WATCHERS BEGAN MATING WITH THE WOMEN IN 6:2 and the flood was planned with NOAH in 6:13 AND IN GENISIS 7:10 THE FLOOD CAME, so what are you saying. NO nephilim still found alive after flood. Can you verify again please???????? WHAT CHAPTER AND VERSE

[edit on 4/27/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
So what we can clearly see from the photo's is the remains of a shed or maybe the partially frozen remains of a turkish hermits winter retreat. Would love to see a tad more evidence. Does anyone know what this team has based it's 99.9% definately statement on?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by daz__

As I pointed out in my opening post it is not new news especially in conspiricy circles I do think though it is new to see it in main stream news outlets like fox news or the daily mail

daz

Fair enough but I wouldn't expect MSM channels to be reporting on this kind of story...

1. There is no evidence for Noah or his Ark. (even if this is some big wooden boat type structure, how to we link it back to Noah?)

2. When do MSM ever report on alternative/conspiracy type topics?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
As some people said before, Turkey has had Mt. Ararat under armed guard for some time. They have known the ark was up there somewhere but chose to prevent anyone from looking for it. The real conspiratorial question here is why now and why are the Chinese involved?

Also to the bible dude on here: TYPING like THIS DOES NOT give you more CREDIBILITY. IN FACT it makes me want to IGNORE YOU TOTALLY. Capiche??????????????????

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Found this link with a new photo or two.

World Net Daily

What surprises me is the small size of these areas.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I cant Belive they KEEP finding Noah's ARK....!!?

Haven't we heard about it being on top of a mountain in Turkey...? like since the '70's,, HELLO!!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Genesis 6:4 is very clear about this. Unless you are interpreting it as being:

"On Tuesday, when Noah was building his ark, there were Nephilim, and also on Wednesday and Thursday, but not Friday because the flood came"?

This is why nobody can take all the various sects and cults of Christianity seriously.

What does the "also afterwards" part of Genesis 6:4 mean to you?
Up until the flood? That's just silly. Why would you mention it if it were so short lived?

When a hole appears in the story, you just plug it, you don't question anything. The story you believe must remain true, so when it falls apart around your knees you put a blindfold on so you don't see it failing!

Deny ignorance.

Oh, if you use the right coding - words to be accented - it will italicize your emphasis words. When you capitalize words all the time, nobody takes you seriously.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
To those of you who are saying there are other threads on this, or that this is old news, have you confirmed this? I am noticing some conflicts between this Ark and the Ark being discussed in other threads and in the past.

This Ark is at 13,000 feet.
This Ark is on Mt. Ararat.

According to the video on this site, which is also being talked about on the other thread:

www.squidoo.com...

That Ark is on a mountain 20 miles south of Mt. Ararat.
That Ark is at 7,000 feet.

So once again, are you positive we're talking about the same Ark? I think there needs to be some clarification here.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by theyreadmymind

You're referring to Ron Wyatt and his claim to have found the ark. That is old news because Wyatt died in 1999.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Yes, I believe so. Isn't that a different Ark than the one in this thread? Are some people in this thread getting both of these confused? Like the ones who are saying there is another thread on this? I went to the other thread and it seemed as if they were talking about the Wyatt one. That's where I found the squidoo article.

Admittedly, I didn't check out all the threads. I'm just wondering if people are aware there might be more than one proposed Ark's within 20 miles of each other.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by theyreadmymind]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by theyreadmymind

That's an excellent point. My bad. I thought you had the 2 confused and clearly you do not. Now that you bring up this point I do think people have been confused.

This find has already been labeled a hoax.
Find is a Hoax

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Yeah this is not the first time they have claimed this thing was the ark, dunno why it's any different now. If you notice the team consist of 15 fundamentalist christians. Of course they are gonna claim it's the damn ark. It's hogwash, the guy in the article says this:

Nicholas Purcell, a lecturer in ancient history at Oxford University, said the claims were the 'usual nonsense'. He added: 'If floodwaters covered Eurasia 12,000ft deep in 2,800BC, how did the complex societies of Egypt and Mesopotamia, already many centuries old, keep right on regardless?'

I agree.

We'll let real science have their way with this bogus claim, they will find it's an old settlement from back in the day that they just didn't know about or something. It's not strange to build stuff this high for a military advantage or many other reasons. They are grasping at straws to prove their bogus religion once again. Like was already stated the Epic of Gilgamesh began this story many years before.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Metal Head

Check out the hoax claim I posted its great. It seems that one of the team is saying that the materials found on the mountain were actually planted there last year. The wood is from the Black Sea area and was carried up the mountain by porters.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
They have been claiming they have found this since the 1970's.

Let's be real folks, even if there was an ark, and a flood, and the flood covered the earth, destroying every living thing, do you really think they wouldn't have stripped that boat, of every plank and nail to build homes and shelters out of, on a planet that no longer had anything growing?

I wish the evangelists would do something helpful like find the Stay Puff Marshmellow man, and bake a giant grahm cracker, and get a huge vat of melted chocolate going, and a giant fire and make us all smores, at least we would get something tasty out of these messy and absurd things.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Withdrawing comment. Please delete this post mods.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by theyreadmymind]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join