It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you save humanity if you could?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Hello everybody. Simple Question: If you personally had the means/ opportunity to prevent a cataclysmic event that could wipe out the human race would you try and stop it or allow the event to overtake humankind?

The reason I brought this up was because I just watched a movie titled "The Thaw" and in this film a scientist discovers a fully preserved Woolly Mammoth embedded in melted ice which was in thawed out by global warming. The scientist examines the Mammoth and discovers that not only is it preserved perfectly but it also is serving as a host to a deadly parasite and it's eggs. I could go on and on how symbolic the parasite is serving as a reflection of human's parasitic tendencies, but I digress.

I think you get the picture here. The scientist has a moral dilemma which is the title to this thread. Would you save humanity?

I personally have no clue what I would do. I'd probably save humanity, because maybe it'll serve as a wake up call but I doubt it. Maybe humanity deserves whatever this world throws at us.... Discuss

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Sure. I'm not a traitor to my species.

Although people many times piss me off, the major events are mostly driven by greed and ignorance, I still believe in the goodness of humanity. The stuff you read and see on the news is simply just one side of the coin.

I think that people are flushing themselves down the toilet collectively, subconsciously, like all the positive development is driven over by fear, stupidity and failure.

Quite sad, really.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Save humanity, I don't get the point?

Seems easy enough

I wouldn't expect a wake up call, I just couldn't allow everyone to die.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The point is that I don't think we can be saved... there are people willing to allow the world to burn and its only a matter of time until it happens

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
i would probally say NO

but when it came down to it i probally wouldn't have much of a choice

but the world would flourish without CERTAIN humans

with that said i am a human and only 18 so i would probally blackmail the world hahah
jokes

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
All in all we are compassionate people but it only takes one person to do us all in and I want to see if there are any of those types of people creeping around on ATS.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
i woulnt save humanity what is the point in saving a bunch of greedy self centered people that dont give damn about anything if i did save them they would just continue to wreck the plant as we have always done

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Save humanity?

No.

I'd perhaps start a colony for the survival of 'good' people but the earth is over populated and humankind as a group has no respect for it.

Its time to start over.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
However many Bush's Clinton's or other types of tardturds i inadvertently saved I would do so if it meant my kids were saved.

No dilemma not even a moments hesitation.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Thepreye]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
We have the ability to save ourselves right now, in every now moment.

We are the ones creating this hell on earth. All it takes is a massive change in behavior and attitude. It takes acceptance, non-judgement, allowance and most of all, it takes courage.

Many of us are actually working to raise the vibrations for humanity. There are millions of humans trying to do exactly what you have presented as a question.

It takes critical mass. The aliens won't come do it, they can't. The spirits can't come and do it. Human kind has to save it self. But will they?

Will humanity realize that the only way is to see the divinity in each person, will humanity learn to love regardless of appearance, will humanity realize that their future is literally in their OWN HANDS?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Write your wills and pray to your deities if it's up to *me*. Yes- humanity has pushed me that far. The past week alone has had me almost cheated, just short of extorted, and finding out what dirty deeds have been done behind my back.

You had better HOPE the fate of the entire planet never ends up in my hands. I'll send it to hell and not even blink.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Na i would not, i see what was done to irish people in uk just for being irish. I have lived with what amounts to torture for 18 years, and i could not give a toss about what happens anymore. People just loved what they did to me, for no reason other than they wanted to destroy.

Thats fine you have it your way, thats my view on the world, you can have all the scum you want.

I personally believe that earth is run by the entity or what ever all societies have called the devil. Only tv and hollywood have told us and convinced us not to believe in that thing anymore. Just shows the power of tv, doesn't it.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
wylekat..........

why so serious?

its not fair to project your hate onto other people hate and greed has got things where we are today

all your going to do is make the world more worse and self centered

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Of course I would save all your souls if needed to, why not?
2nd

[edit on 4/27/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I would, but there would be stipulations involved and in-blood contracts to be signed. I would do it on MY terms.

No more blatant greed just for the sake of it.

No more churches. They would ALL be blown to smithereens. I don't care WHAT you worship. You want to believe in a higher power? Fine. Do it in the privacy of your own home, and if you go door to door trying to convert other people, you will be shot on site.

No more paying for the basic neccessities [sp?] of life. Like food, water, and basic medical care. You want a boob job? Too bad.

No more currency as we presently know it. You want some eggs from my chickens? Give me a gallon of milk from your cow. Etc......

There will be a new law of the land. And when I say land, I mean the planet earth. Help your fellow human when you can. If you hate your neighbor, leave him/her alone.

I think you get the picture. Peace will be promoted at all costs. All other attitudes will not be tolerated. And if that means going back to the physical way of life humans had thousands of years ago, so be it. I'd rather live that way with peace as my leader, then the way we're living now.

Peace

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

~Rorschach

HAD TOO

Honestly: I'd try to if I could, yes.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

I feel you I would save most of them because many of them are foolish and not know what type of insanity they are influenced by. As far as rules go I would say peace or peace out of here. Meaning if you cannot understand nor live by a peaceful standard then why even be here with the many who really just wanna enjoy life to the fulliest w/o worring about if there future offspring will be attacked and destroyed by hatred and power.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I understand those that are angry, and disillusioned with the human race. I've seen the really ugly side. I know that people on here get twitchy when you share a personal story, so I won't bore everyone with details, but please, bear with me.

I have been gang raped, beaten, looked down the wrong end of a gun in my face (twice), shot at (once), and had knives pulled on me. I've done my share of brawling to save my life (I never started it, but I would do my best to finish it), double and triple dealing, and some nasty, mind-game bullying.

I have spent parts of my life surrounded by thieves, murderers, drug dealers, whores and pimps, and... Some of it I'll leave out. I have been well on that road to becoming one of those opportunistic, predatory, crap-bags that will take everything that you have just for the money/ego trip. I know what it is to say 'f**k it. I'll get mine, and everyone else can go to hell.'

The thing is... is that even in the midst of all of that madness, there was loyalty, and kindness, and love and all of the things that hold us together. Certainly not as much of it, but I was just as surprised by people's kindness in those circumstances as I was by our capacity for cruelty. Even when their lives were at risk for even showing compassion, people still did. Genuinely enough. I can't say it was always (although often it was) with no strings attached, but it was there.

And sometimes... People do wake up, even when they've been hurt so much, and victimized to the point that becoming the victimizer seems the only way to stay sane.

It's easy to focus on the negative. I get it. But, I don't believe we are lost as a species. I don't believe that we are some parasitic/cancerous growth that the planet/universe would be better off without. We are simply part of the fabric. We are as integral, and symbiotic to the entire system as any whale, bee, flower, or piece of plankton. We are what we are. Clever, cruel, kind, creative, destructive and just as beautiful and complex as any other living thing. No more... And like it or not... No less.

So...

Yes. Yes I would. I wouldn't make messy, egocentric, arbitrary, and certainly incorrect decisions about who lives and who dies either. I'm waayyy too messed up to get to make that call... And, frankly, so is everyone else.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Humanity presently causes so much misery and destruction, more than most people can even begin to imagine. Most of us here on ATS have not been touched by such suffering and have been largely insulated from the vast destruction.

Still, I don't blame humanity for this. Humanity has been hijacked by a handful of bad eggs. Our dominant culture has been manipulated and turned into a toxic concoction of dysfunction, blindness, moral ambiguity and near total control by a handful of elite. Had our culture not been taken over by such forces, who can say where humanity would be right now. It certainly couldn't be any worse.

When you see native human communities that have been largely untouched by this evil culture, you can get a true sense of the essence of humanity, and it seems worth saving. But humans apparently have been engineered with a herd mentality which makes us potentially very dangerous.

I just hope that by saving humanity, that I wouldn't be saving an 'infant Hitler' who will later go on to wreak massive devastation upon the universe. Ooops.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Answer: NO

Faster everybody is dead the faster New Breed can arrive. Humanity is just a joke anyway.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join