It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Facts About Crime In The US That Will Blow Your Mind

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Some of these statistics are skewed. I say it is the great work of our police force that makes our incarceration rates so high. In other countries criminals roam free, here we work our hardest to put them where they belong.

Kudos to the men in uniform.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Rather than the extreme of immediate capital punishment, as satisfying as that would be, I would rather see chain gangs and hard brutal labor. There's a lot of mining work that could be done as well as some back breaking ag. work. We don't need mexicans when we have so a large labor pool ready to tap. Let them repay their debt to society for say 10-20 years, helping to improve our economy.

Also we have far too many people serving time for tax evasions and vague laws used by the government to oppress the people. Putting people in jail for drug addiction is one example of that. I suggest instead mandatory drug treatment at the perp.s expense and maybe a little part time forced labor as well.

I think the government likes the drug addiction thing. Maybe the CIA really is raking in profits off of it.

<< 1   >>

join