Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Volcano erupts in Guatemala

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Its the locations of the quakes that are the difference. People Fail to realize that it doesn't really matter how many volcanoes we have going off at once, it really just matter what ones are going off, just like the earthquakes.

Location is everything. So please stop acting like you know whats going on and there is nothing to worry about because you really don't. You know just as much as the person saying mother earth is pissed and will have her revenge. The main difference is, in the long run the person saying we will have a giant blow up will be the one who is correct.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
Its the locations of the quakes that are the difference. People Fail to realize that it doesn't really matter how many volcanoes we have going off at once, it really just matter what ones are going off, just like the earthquakes.

Location is everything. So please stop acting like you know whats going on and there is nothing to worry about because you really don't. You know just as much as the person saying mother earth is pissed and will have her revenge. The main difference is, in the long run the person saying we will have a giant blow up will be the one who is correct.

So it's ok to act like you know whats going on as long as you think that it's something big and filled with doom?

I agree that location is just as important as frequency, but that is just the way you came off..

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Wait a minute... what were we talking about?

Oh yeah the volcano in Guatemala.

Eruptions has a post up now:

scienceblogs.com...

Apparently this volcano has been active since the 20s, but this is a different a more vigorous phase than people have seen in a while. (A while in people time not geological time.)

Magma Cum Laude also has a story on it with some more details

magmacumlaude.blogspot.com...

and the Volcanism Blog

volcanism.wordpress.com...

Again, this volcano is more or less continuously active. We're just seeing a particularly active phase.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I started a thread on this yesterday

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR

But not correct nearly as many times as the one who points out geological activity isn't unusual and it's not the end of the world.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
And the USGS will say "Yep, nothing wrong here. It's completely normal for more than 10 6.9 + earthquakes, and volcanoes to erupt in the span of 4 months. Go back to bed America."

I looked a few days ago at the Earthquake data, and indeed, their is nothing out of the ordinary. Go have a look yourself at the numbers. Sorry dont have a link. However, I feel something aint quiet right either. Is this all connected, or just a natural cycle? Are we just more aware?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Why are there so many posts on some angry planet or angry mother earth. It's a planet. You push one side, you get a reaction on the other side. We are in an active time period. Get over it. There is nothing abnormal with action reaction. It's a bloody law of the universe. If it did not work then the Earth would be dead.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

And the USGS will say "Yep, nothing wrong here. It's completely normal for more than 10 6.9 + earthquakes, and volcanoes to erupt in the span of 4 months. Go back to bed America."

It is normal:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

[sarcasm]But those are just numbers! Don't you know that USGS are in on it too![/sarcasm]

Jokes aside, it is commendable that you actually look at the facts. The hysteria continues on ATS, yet noone seems to post any convincing evidence to show how they came to their "this is not normal!" conclusion.

Muzzleflash, I'm not sure where you got the information claiming 2-3 eruptions per year but they are either wildly misinformed or just making stuff up to suit an agenda. I'd be ticked off too, if I expected that to be factual.

This volcano has had some fairly major eruptions in the past, but has currently been active since the 20's. It is one of many that have been continually active such as kilauea(sp?) in Hawaii, and here in NZ, White Island. There is definitely far, far more than 3 eruptions a year.

But for those proclaiming the end is near, that's your choice. However, I would rather wait for some actual evidence of anything unusual before I join in the fear mongering.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I love graphs, they can say what you want them to say.

There are more volcanoes erupting than ever before in one graph and the next contradicts it.

What they don't tell you is that sometimes they may count under water eruptions and sometimes they don't

Sometimes they count earthquakes and after shocks as a whole and other times they don't count the after shocks.

Graphs are only used to get grants for more research from one group and then used by another group to contradict you and get the grants instead.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The # of earthquakes, even at the magnitude you are seeing, is natural. The # of earthquakes hitting nearer population centers this year has risen, thus the news. If these had hit as they often due, in the middle of nowhere, they'd be barely a blip on the radar. If these volcanoes were the only thing noteworthy, no one would think something terrible was happening, they would consider it a streak of bad luck. Combine the earthquakes with the volcanoes, and yes, you have plenty of people calling for the end of the world.

There will always be years like this over the centuries, it happens.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I have heard that they have DownRated the scale, so if that is true, an Mag. 8 is in reality mag. 9, that would be a clever way to hide the earth quake anomalies..

I just heard it mulitble times.... 10.000 mag.12 per day is normal here on ats, everything is normal here at ats.... it's all under 'control', go back to sleep...

[edit on 28/4/2010 by ChemBreather]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Are we there yet?

Luke 21
24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

That is more than likely completely normal.

Do you know how geology works? For all we know theres these eruptions and then nothing happens for the next 50 years.

Keep in mind some places in Hawaii have volcanos flowing all the time.

What are we supposed to wake up from? Are we in denial that earth quakes don't happen and volcanoes don't explode every once in awhile?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

I'm not too worried about erupting volcanoes, unless one of the erupting volcanoes happens to be a super volcano. That event will most likely have you kicking yourself because you weren't prepared. We don't know how an eruption of that magnitude will affect the world, but you can guarantee that it will. Just look at the past eruptions of "normal" volcanoes. Ash, lava, tsunamis, pyroclastic flow of enormous proportions.

Also with the loss of confidence in the government and government institutions, along with a loss of confidence in a large part of the scientific community (due to conspiracy of man made global warming)... when institutions or governments tell you to relax, don't worry, or it's perfectly normal... that's when you need to pay attention.

A large portion of the population "take the government's word for it." ... When their word is absolutely worthless. This population will be S.O.L.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
I love graphs, they can say what you want them to say.

There are more volcanoes erupting than ever before in one graph and the next contradicts it.

What they don't tell you is that sometimes they may count under water eruptions and sometimes they don't

Sometimes they count earthquakes and after shocks as a whole and other times they don't count the after shocks.

Graphs are only used to get grants for more research from one group and then used by another group to contradict you and get the grants instead.

i get your drift (and of course, we all know that data can be manipulated to suit the presenter's needs), but how can you live your life if you believe nothing that is conveyed to you ever? why believe there is more seismic activity than ever before? someone had to have told you that, too (and isn't it a cliché around here not to trust the media?).

the scientific data and the links have been presented ad nauseum. it seems unwise to discard data from people who have studied geological phenomena their entire careers. (i realize there are those who think everything is conspiratorial, including multitudes of national geological bodies, but they're, in this instance, a lost cause.) there is not an annual increase in global geological activity and, even if there were, it would likely indicate a peak, just as there are, in some years, valleys.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

smaller earthquakes are disappearing which aren't good news. that means quakes will be more devastating. we'll see more 9.0+ in the future.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Sorry, but I can't buy the idea that 100 or 1000 years of decent recorded human history is sufficient for us to decide what is normal or abnormal on Earth or within the Universe? We don't even understand our own living species, we can't get along with other humans, we haven't explored the depths of the Oceans, our Weather forecasting is very unreliable, and yet we are supposed to know what type of geological activity is "normal?"

totally agree, what i can not decide is whether it truly is because of the net,is this why we see so much activity better reporting, i dont remember this much stuff say 15 years back,i know reports say its normal but when i did geology at school it was a every now and then thing .So is it AtS,the net,or are reports being doctored so we think its normal, or is there actually books which say this is normal. what truth the truth,Is ptb in a click to play everything down because everything is played down,,i smoked pot but i dident inhale,,no financial crisis,ash cloud was was hoax, maybe its jet fuel they need to save for special purpose"iran war" so the volcano ash cloud was used in the iceland case.

[edit on 4/28/2010 by dashar]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

(and isn't it a cliché around here not to trust the media?).

darn right as well.with good reason if you think all controlled by one entity Bbc was once a solid news source it aint now it hardly has anything any good all crapie storys/political sucking. ,now we got the likes of Created new news cnn which the c is a snake head body or euronews which is pretty good,fox.

maybe relevent.
newsuncensored.blogspot.com...

www.mcnblogs.com...

[edit on 4/28/2010 by dashar]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
The problem is that everyone thinks they are right when it comes to what is going on with the earth.

Well, to be honest we don't know who is right and who is wrong.

We have no idea if the data available is true or not. We haven't been recording this much data for that long of a period, so everything talked about hundreds or thousands of years ago is most of the time speculation.

There's a lot of hype because of the whole "2012" and "Planet X" stuff which is effecting how people think as well.

So really, do any of us know for certain what is going to happen in the coming weeks, months, years? No.

*edit for typo

[edit on 28/4/2010 by highlyoriginal]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join