It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual discussions in the Apollo transcripts

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

SO???

Since (I am guessing here) you have never flown an airplane, let alone a simulator....you are just NOT GETTING IT!

Not sure how many times this needs to be repeated....

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by ppk55

SO???
Since (I am guessing here) you have never flown an airplane, let alone a simulator....you are just NOT GETTING IT!

Actually I've done both. I've even done barrel rolls and loops.
Although I'm still a bit away from my PPL.
And I've landed a 747 in the simulator.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ppk55
This comment below seems a bit strange for 6 mins after blast off.
I have never heard any of the space shuttle astronauts speaking like this.

Have you ever heard any space shuttle astronaut speak about their launch experience? It doesn't sound like you have. They'll tell you something quite similar; after SRB sep the shuttle stops shaking and becomes incredibly smooth. The commander here said 1g, meaning they were feeling no more force than they would sitting on the pad, but because they're so far into the launch and they were already basically in space and just accelerating at 1g to orbital velocity. Once you complete the S-1C stage burn and separation you're in for a much smoother ride at much lower G forces. Here's a graph from apollo 8's launch:
history.nasa.gov...
They stay under 2gs for the entire second stage.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by ngchunter]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I really, REALLY don't see how commander Cernan can be laughing 3 seconds after liftoff. It just defies belief.

I've never seen such amazing confirmation bias regarding apollo as a hoax before. You've never laughed at the start of a rollercoaster before? Seriously? How is that at all strange?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter
ever heard any space shuttle astronaut speak about their launch experience?

I've never heard the shuttle astronauts laughing 3 seconds in to blast off ... unlike the apollo transcripts posted above. In fact, the shuttle astronauts sound deadly serious ... and remember this is just into low earth orbit, not to the moon.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by ppk55]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I've never heard the shuttle astronauts laughing 3 seconds in to blast off ... unlike the apollo transcripts posted above. In fact, the shuttle astronauts sound deadly serious ... and remember this is just into low earth orbit, not to the moon.

I see, does singing "Knight of the Round Table" from Monty Python sound "deadly serious" to you? I know for a fact that's exactly what commander Brian Duffy's crew did while they were "supposedly" getting ready to launch. Shuttle astronauts are not as drastically different from Apollo astronauts as you claim. I'll also take this post as an admission you were wrong to question Pete Conrad's remark about how 1g acceleration feels.

Here's part of the transcript from the ill-fated STS-51L flight:
16:37:54 -6 CDR: "There they go guys!" MS2: "All right!" CDR: "Three at a hundred."

16:38:00 0 MS2: "Aall riight!"

16:38:11 11 PLT: "Go you Mother!"

16:38:60 60 PLT: "Feel that mother go!"
"Woooohoooo!"

Does that sound "deadly serious" to you? And this was a crew just minutes away from being killed (if you take into consideration they were probably alive until they hit the water, though probably not conscious). But if we accept your logic that light hearted comments made during launch indicate or correlate to the likelihood of a hoax, then the Challenger disaster was a hoax.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by ngchunter]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join