It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Hid Damning Health Care Report From Public Until A Month After Vote

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by awhispersecho
I know my way around the "net". Mediamatters is as "left" as fox is "right".

This is precisely my point. If you'll look at the link, you'll see that the Medismatters "article" is actually a reproduction of several bulletins/updates by FoxNews indicating that they are rescinding their support/reporting of the article, as it is factually incorrect.

If FoxNews won't even report something that seems bad for Obama...doesn't that raise a few red flags to you? Well, I guess not, as you're still clinging to the shreds of this non-story.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa

Yes it seems that the "story" was altered a bit to make it seem worse than it is. Clearly everyone knew this is what the report would eventually find but it seems that the story was a bit misleading. Having said that. Anyone who uses mediamatters.org to "fact check" a story has no right to attack others for not fact checking their stories. I mean seriously...mediamatters is as "left" as they come. If you don't believe all the "right" sites because of their bias, then by that same principle, there's no way you can believe mediamatters.org either. They are the "MSNBC" of the internet.

If you would bother to click the "debunked" link a few posts up, you'll see that the group who originally "broke" the story (Fox News) won't even stand behind it, as the details have been shown to be completely false.

While I personally find it annoying when people trash a source without even looking at it, I sincerely hope your post satiated your need for blind hatred and ignorance for the day.

Apparently, just because the LEFTY sites, say things that are proven true over time, and the Right wing sites, say a bunch of bogus crap that helps some Robber Baron, or finds an excuse to put people at each other's throats --well, it's just BIAS!

Fox News goes on a screaming tantrum about ACORN. Their "crack reporter" pretends to be a pimp on camera, but in front of the ACORN councilor, pretends to be the boyfriend of the lady who is afraid of reprisals. The entire story was debunked. Then these same "crack reporters" team up with a guy who's been training with the CIA and break into a Senator's office pretending to be the phone company and wiretap the place.

The Tea Baggers are whole cloth created and planned as a Republican fund-raising operation a year and a half before they get wall-to-wall coverage by Fox. Sarah Palin and Sean Hannity then get over $200,000 a trip in speaker fees and spend 90% of their charity proceeds "allegedly" on "mailing" in the internet age.

>> Oh, it's all so equivalent, because on the Left, we have Al Gore writing books and donating the proceeds, and Michael Moore makes a profit telling you about fast food, Wall Street Robber Barons, the Iraq War and other things that help the working man -- and THEIR left wing propaganda proves to be right -- and I've yet to see any principle points they've made proven to be lies or misinformed.

It's not that I listen to Left-Wing sites because I just want to be spoon fed some Commie propaganda -- it's because they do their best to tell the truth, and the Right-Wing sites are usually full of crap and selling you religion, war, or that some corporation has a right to save money by letting coal miners die. I mean, for every damn polluter, crook, or mercenary caught committing a crime, there seems to be an advocate.

Fox News gets money from companies that benefit from expensive health care, and they doctor up a hit piece or "accidentally" push a story that fits their agenda and whisper the retraction -- it's "all good" because maybe that outrage tomorrow about Nancy Pelosi will actually be true. Or maybe it won't. But we all know -- that Obamacare WILL be worse than we can imagine -- only, we don't have any real facts to back that up, and we've got no track record of Republicans making anything cheaper or bette for the American public.

>> The thing Fox News is MOST worried about, is if Obamacare is successful.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Fox is covering it, Rush is covering it but most people here can't stand those two.

Frankly, I lean that way, so I listen. My first thought upon hearing this was "annnndddd". Come on, what did you expect? This was played out for the cameras and the media like a well written play. This is an agenda folks and do you honestly think they give a turd about us?

ALL OF IT IS LIES BUILT UPON LIES. THERE IS NO TRUTH IN GOVERNMENT...NONE...ZERO.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Unfortunately, there isn't a "choice" about military adventures and HCR- either between the 2 or separately.
Let me ask you to refresh my memory, Vitriol. HOW many democrats voted FOR the aggressions in Afghanistan, Iraq? (I had turned away by the time these actions had expanded into Pakistan and Yemen) And did I imagine it or wasn't our current Secretary of State (Hillary Rodham Clinton) one of Bush/ Cheney's most ardent supporters on Iraq & Afghanistan?

just asking.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013
reply to post by jibeho

This isnt all over the news because the MSM is controlled by the left. Well, except Fox News of course. I bet they'll be the only ones reporting on it...

FOX News is the highest rated cable news channel. They ARE the main stream media. So please don't claim that the MSM is "controlled by the left." FOX is not the underdog they want you to think they are. They are a powerhouse in making people think a certain way.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
There is no way to insure all the people that do not currently have or cannot afford health insurance without the cost going up drastically. Basic economics and just good sense tells us this. This healthcare plan is just another entitlement program in a long list of entitlements and other government programs that have become way too much. Why all these entitlements anyway? What happened to a man working for a living? and supporting his family. Providing basic needs and the staples of life? Too many people getting a disability check that are able to work because they are a drunk or a dope addict or crazy. Too many people getting food stamps because they are too sorry to provide for their family. They had rather sit on the porch and wait on that check.Obama is just feeding the flames with this healthcare crap its just another entitlement he probably trying to make sure he gets the black vote again.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure with this much money involved they wanted to get it passed no matter what... (Oh, wait they did just that)... What really startles me is how no one is angry at the pharma companies... They own most of the stock in every big insurance company and make billions if not trillions in health care profits.... Why can't we tax them and the insurance companies to pay for this... oh thats right... They have congress ( and now I believe Obama) in their pockets...

This is my scientifical analysis

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This is something I would expect from the Dems. Even before they voted on the bill, something smelled rotten when they were jamming it down. I'm the least surprised at these "revelations". We knew it was sponsored by the Insurance companies. Right after the passage of the bill, the Insurance Companies' stock skyrocketed but the ordinary sheeple cheered!
Welcome to the real world Neo.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taikun
This is something I would expect from the Dems. Even before they voted on the bill, something smelled rotten when they were jamming it down. I'm the least surprised at these "revelations". We knew it was sponsored by the Insurance companies. Right after the passage of the bill, the Insurance Companies' stock skyrocketed but the ordinary sheeple cheered!
Welcome to the real world Neo.

So, numerous debates and 6-months of meetings, compromise, and additions is "jamming it down" now?

How can you people simultaneously accuse the democrats of doing "nothing" and doing things "too fast" or "jamming them down"? Doesn't that seem counter-intuitive?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Why everyone knows that retraction by the author was a cover up. He was forced to retract the story by the government. The dept head of the group that produced the report was clearly just toeing the company line out of fear for his job. Others that worked on the report, claim they have been followed, that their houses have been bugged and that they have been spied upon using remote viewing techniques. One staffer came home to find her goldfish had mysteriously disappeared and that someone had tried to drown her cat;
Another source speaking off the record stated that the real reason the report was even requested was a ploy by the Obama administration to put pressure on the secret government to increase the pace of release of the new alien technology coming online, rather than reserve it for the ark ships that all the new healthcare taxes are really paying for.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phedreus
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Why everyone knows that retraction by the author was a cover up. He was forced to retract the story by the government. The dept head of the group that produced the report was clearly just toeing the company line out of fear for his job. Others that worked on the report, claim they have been followed, that their houses have been bugged and that they have been spied upon using remote viewing techniques. One staffer came home to find her goldfish had mysteriously disappeared and that someone had tried to drown her cat;
Another source speaking off the record stated that the real reason the report was even requested was a ploy by the Obama administration to put pressure on the secret government to increase the pace of release of the new alien technology coming online, rather than reserve it for the ark ships that all the new healthcare taxes are really paying for.

I apologise if my coffee-addled and sleep-deprived (the two staples of any medical prefessional) mind hasn't picked up your sarcasm. You have either posted the best bit of satire I have read in quite some time, or you have a treatment-grade delusion syndrome.

I love it.

[edit on 4/27/2010 by VneZonyDostupa]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
WOW. Another piece of right wing toxic cotton candy from Jim Hoft, a Breitbert lackey. Research the source.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteboynolan
i so #in hate you people that elected this mother #er into office. its just non-stop bull# with this guy and the whole democratic regime.

You mean the same "democratic regime" that ALLOWED us to vote for the candidate we felt was best? Yes, how awful that the majority's will was expressed. No matter if you agree with the voters' decision or motives, you still live in a republic government and a democratic society, meaning the ultimate power resides in the voters, not in your sole opinion.

Now, scurry off to your "angry dome".

[edit on 4/27/2010 by VneZonyDostupa]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
By the Democrats hiding the truth about the health care report until a

month after they voted it in would they not be considered all liars

because they intentionally did not read the health care bill or would they

plead ignorance or idiocy? ^Y^

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa

I know my way around the "net". Mediamatters is as "left" as fox is "right".

This is precisely my point. If you'll look at the link, you'll see that the Medismatters "article" is actually a reproduction of several bulletins/updates by FoxNews indicating that they are rescinding their support/reporting of the article, as it is factually incorrect.

If FoxNews won't even report something that seems bad for Obama...doesn't that raise a few red flags to you? Well, I guess not, as you're still clinging to the shreds of this non-story.

Did you even read either of my responses. Not once did I claim the story was true. Not once did I deny that they were retracting the story. I agreed and acknowledged that that was happening. I simply said that mediamatters is "left" just as fox is "right", and that someone fact checking through mediamatters is no different than someone on the other side fact checking with fox. Unreal, can't even agree with you without being attacked for hatred or whatever other crap you accused me of. The more important fact is that whether this particular story is made up or not, the report itself is real. Everyone knew all along that this bill would not reduce costs.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by awhispersecho]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by amari

No one "hid" a report. The story has been debunked as being written by an overzealous author of fiction.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Did you even read either of my responses. Not once did I claim the story was true. Not once did I deny that they were retracting the story. I agreed and acknowledged that that was happening. I simply said that mediamatters is "left" just as fox is "right", and that someone fact checking through mediamatters is no different than someone on the other side fact checking with fox. Unreal, can't even agree with you without being attacked for hatred or whatever other crap you accused me of.

Your words:

If you don't believe all the "right" sites because of their bias, then by that same principle, there's no way you can believe mediamatters.org either

So, while one side of your mouth is agreeing the story is "most likely" not true, the other side is claiming the debunking site isn't trustworthy, which would make it seem that you don't believe the debunking (and pardon me if the mouth idiom isn't phrased properly...still not that great at some more obscure English idioms).

THAT is my issue with what you've posted. You accept the site's information, but cast doubt on the site at the same time. Which is it? Are they right, or are they a "leftie" propaganda site?

The more important fact is that whether this particular story is made up or not, the report itself is real. Everyone knew all along that this bill would not reduce costs.
[edit on 27-4-2010 by awhispersecho]

If you'll read the Medicare actuary's statements, both on the debunk link and other news sources, you'll see that the "rising costs" were actually the fully disclosed amounts that were circulation for some time prior to the vote o nthe bill. What the actuary recently released was simply an update and modifications to Medicare estimates, not estimate for the entire bill.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Come on ATS...why isn't this in HOAX???

It's been debunked...it is completely FALSE information.

I'm so sick of all these threads based off of mis-information...and to make it worse they get 3-5 pages of replies before it gets moved to HOAX. Well...for the most part...damage is already done. And those people that have replied and moved on will go out and spread this information to friends and family...then they will tell everyone they got it from ATS.

It's pretty clear to see this is false...I don't understand the delay.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
Well, by refusing to read it they can claim plausible deniability.

Look, using basic math facts, anyone can figure out that healthcare reform is not going to save any money. You can not dump 30 million people currently unable to afford or obtain insurance now, and grant them automatic acceptance and coverage, and further allow them to take subsidized coverage for anyone earning less than 300% of the poverty level, without someone else picking up the tab.

We din't pass a Nationalized health care... we passed a healthcare reform bill, but its not nationalized. SO I don't think anyone gets free coverage.
I make $0 a year and I'm pretty sure they are going to try and get me to pay for healthcare... which I won't of course, unless they want to use credited money, in which I don't give a dam because you're an idiot if you lend me anything. I wouldn't lend a stranger money, are they nuts???

Anyway, point being, yeah, who cares?
Just say no. What are they going to do? Throw you in jail?
If they do, what are they gonna do with all the real criminals?
Plus I think 'we the people' might get a little upset about all our loved ones being tossed in jail, a ruckus might be started to stay the least.

and hey, at least in jail we'll get free food an healthcare, and soon enough it'll just be ordinary folk like us in there, so no need to worry about any real criminal violence.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join